PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Reds legal in Tennessee!!!

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

KattAndTheHat

Reds legal in Tennessee!!!

Postby KattAndTheHat » Fri May 08, 2015 6:12 pm

Apparently reds are legal in tennessee, now! They need to come from approved, USDA breeders. So far the only one in 100% sure on is Tiny Tracks. There is a permit and an import fee, but both don't appear to be terribly expensive.
This is absolutely wonderful news for the exotic community! All I see are states cracking down and making ownership harder, it makes me happy to see a state getting better about the laws!

Figured I'd let y'all know :)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reds legal in Tennessee!!!

Postby Ash » Fri May 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Yay! Such great news!
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Fri May 08, 2015 8:05 pm

So freaking awesome, one more state with legalized fox ownership! :mrgreen:
amandagm

Postby amandagm » Sat May 09, 2015 1:13 am

This is per a phone conversation with Walter Cook head of TWRA permits.

Until July 1st import permits are $25 and possession permits are $25 after July first each will go up to $33 per year. All vulpes, vulpes must come from breeders that they have approved. At this point the only breeder who still has 2015 foxes and is on their list is Tiny Tracks. He said its not just about having the proper USDA permit. He must also speak to the vet listed on their USDA Program of Veterinary Care to verify that all adult foxes are up to date on their vaccinations and that they have never had any issues with disease or infection. I actually think its great that they don't just verify USDA permits but they also speak to the vet on staff to verify that the animals are and always have been healthy. That tells you a lot about the quality of care the animals at Tiny Tracks get if they were the first one to be put on that list. It also tells you how serious TN is about only allowing healthy foxes into the state. Mr Cook was very easy to talk to and patiently answered all my questions. I wish more states would follow his lead and take a similar stance on imports.
Talys

Postby Talys » Sat May 09, 2015 6:48 pm

Go Tennessee!! Hopefully more states look to their example.
~Oreo and Snickerdoodle (cats) & Smaug and Istari (Betta splendens)~
Daisy

Postby Daisy » Sun May 10, 2015 11:21 am

Michael Frazier and myself have worked hard to make this happen please people do not screw this up . Mr. Cook is going to be very strict but fair . If you try to operate outside the law you will be made to pay the price . If the animal was not raised on your property in your facility DO NOT TRY TO SELL IT IN TN. I know every color phase on earth and know who has that color and who does not so do not try to broker something that you did not raise . If you are not USDA DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN TN. If you are a back yard hobby breeder . DO NOT SELL IN TN.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sun May 10, 2015 12:53 pm

I've talked with Micheal on Facebook, he and I didn't get along at first (mostly over-eagerness on my end), but now I have a lot of respect for the hard work he put in to make things right in TN. And thank you too Dave for your help in that, and I think people in TN appreciate the warning about how not to sell foxes there.
KattAndTheHat

Postby KattAndTheHat » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:20 pm

Out of curiosity, does anyone know where I could find a list of all of the breeders approved for Tennessee? I'm trying to save it as a future reference, but no matter how hard I search I can't seem to find one.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:02 pm

I think you would have to call. To my knowledge, the only breeders allowed are the ones mentioned in this thread.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:53 pm

like Ash said, the department probably has a list. Our Michigan DNR maintains a list of skunk breeders in the state.
M00NSHAD0W

Postby M00NSHAD0W » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Yay im not yet old anuff to move but when i am i plan on moveing to TN and getting a pet fox it will be a silver or pearl red fox they are just so pretty :lol:
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:49 pm

The breeders that i know are legal in tn from talking to Michael Frazier are: obviously fraizer farms, tiny tracks, lost river game farm, fox paw exotics, kokas exotics, Wess exotics, and keystone exotics :) there may be more, but michael said those are the main approved breeders for tn :)
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
Frazier Farms

Postby Frazier Farms » Tue May 02, 2017 11:48 pm

I just joined here today and was reading the comments. I am not sure who Daisy is or where she was when we were on the house floor in Nashville but hey thanks anyways. Just an FYI this also covers gray fox species. In order to own a red or gray species it must come from an approved breeder (listed above). If you choose to use a breeder outside the state you need a possession permit, an import permit and a health certificate BEFORE you can bring the animal back. If you use a breeder inside the state you only need a possession permit. A possession permit is simply that and nothing more. It means you can legally posses the animal BUT you can not resale the animal and you can not breed the animal with a possession permit. In order to breed or sale any native species you must have both a USDA licenses and a TWRA facility propagation license in the state of TN. Hope this helps everyone out
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Wed May 03, 2017 7:04 am

Welcome to sybil's den!!! I think Daisy may be dave from tiny tracks :)
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed May 03, 2017 7:34 am

linseylou wrote:Welcome to sybil's den!!! I think Daisy may be dave from tiny tracks :)

that is correct. he also has a UN tinytracks1.
Tiny Tracks are great breeders.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “FOXES”