https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media. It is for Lucy (my beagle) She is totally blind from cataracts in both eyes. She can get surgery, but, it cost $1000.00 per eye. Even if I got one eye done, it is better than nothing at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747]

Lavender Pink Champagne?

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Havoc&Stark

Lavender Pink Champagne?

Postby Havoc&Stark » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:11 pm

We bought this boy from a breeder in Price, UT. She offered him to us after we lost our darling female Champagne...and this season she had two males. She said that one of them was a Pink Champagne and the other was something she hadn't ever produced. She called him a Lavender Pink Champagne and was very reluctant to give him up because he was so different. I'd love to get other people's feedback if they have ever seen a fox with this coloration. Because we feel he is so rare we have kept him in tact.

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/jakki ... t=3&page=1
Proud mommy to 1 Fox, 2 Standard Poodles, 1 Aussie, 2 Leopard Gecko, 1 White's Tree Frog, 1 Pygmy Goat, 1 F1 Savannah Cat
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lavender Pink Champagne?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:31 pm

He looks like a Sapphire blue a type of pearl fox to me but others or more expert in fur colors.
Havoc&Stark

Postby Havoc&Stark » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:43 pm

The coloring for that is almost right but they don't have the bright blue eyes. The sapphire blues usually have a brown or even a greenish eye color
Proud mommy to 1 Fox, 2 Standard Poodles, 1 Aussie, 2 Leopard Gecko, 1 White's Tree Frog, 1 Pygmy Goat, 1 F1 Savannah Cat
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:25 pm

Well sapphire is from mixing two pearls together. Sapphire blue is basically mixing two silver pearls. Isn't campaign basically a type of pearl or derived from pearl? So seems if you mixed a pearl and a campaign you might get something like this. So a Sapphire Champagne or a Blue Campaign might be good names if there isn't one already.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:54 am

Fawn glow. Basically what happens when the pearl is introduced to a champagne fox. Pink champagne, colicott, and fawn glow are all recessive fire factor mutants on a silver background.

Here is what I've written about fawn glows on my color guide:
"Fawn glow is created by the combination of the factors colicott brown and pearl. The color is similar to amber, but is more of a blue color, brown tinting, resembling a muddy sapphire, but the color can vary to look almost indistinguishable from amber. The color, as well as varying in brown or gray, can vary in darkness to a deep, rich color to a pale, light, smoky one.
A defining feature of the fawn glow is the blue eyes, as blue eyes are not present in amber foxes. Fawn glow also is responsible for the fire factor, and therefore has a completely different effect on gold and cross foxes than amber does.
Fawn glows seem to appear in litters from pink fox parents or with pink fox lineages, which could be further evidence for the connection of pink to the colicott gene."

Here's a grainy picture from the color book:

Lavender is not actually a separate color from what I understand, lavender is just a market name for different colors.
This is another fox that is called "lavender"
But it is just a pale pastel fox (different genetically than colicott or burgundy) with a smoky undercoat.

See when it comes to foxes there are a couple of different names that can be used. There's market names, which can encompass several different genetic types. Cinnamon for example is a market name for Burgundy. But burgundy can also be a market name for pastel, colicott, and other brown mutants. Amber is a market name used for basically any brown mutant combination type (including fawn glows). Market names are basically umbrella terms for when the person isn't sure of the coloration, or once the animal is pelted there's really no distinguishing between the colors despite them being genetically distinct.

It is highly unlikely that it is a sapphire. Only one breeder ever had sapphires in the US, and he pelted them because he was never able to successfully breed them. You really have to know what you have and what you're doing to produce a sapphire because sapphires have bleeding tendencies, and the parents of a sapphire are two pearl types that you can't visually distinguish. If this fox came out of a lineage that included champagne foxes, it's more than likely that the recessive pearl factor just popped up and expressed. A lot of foxes carry the recessive pearl gene, especially without the breeders knowing it because the original population of pearls in the US was pelted en masse, but the recessive carriers survived, were sold, and bred all over the place unwittingly.
There are pelts of sapphires... as you can see then have much clearer blue coats and do not have brown in them at all.
http://adarkernemisis.deviantart.com/ar ... -414073655
darker pelt: http://adarkernemisis.deviantart.com/ar ... -377545239
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:02 am

That made me wonder how a pigment mutation could effect blood clotting ability and found the human equivalent: http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/herman ... k-syndrome
At least nine genes are associated with Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome. These genes provide instructions for making proteins that are used to make four distinct protein complexes. These protein complexes play a role in the formation and movement (trafficking) of a group of cell structures called lysosome-related organelles (LROs). [...] Mutations in the genes associated with Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome prevent the formation of LROs or impair the functioning of these cell structures. [...] People with this syndrome have oculocutaneous albinism because the LROs within melanocytes cannot produce and distribute the substance that gives skin, hair, and eyes their color (melanin). Bleeding problems are caused by the absence of LROs within platelets, which affects the ability of platelets to stick together and form a blood clot. Mutations in some of the genes that cause Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome affect the normal functioning of LROs in lung cells, leading to pulmonary fibrosis.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:21 pm

The human equivalent mentioned in the beautiful fur animals book is Chédiak–Higashi syndrome.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A9d ... i_syndrome

this syndrome also causes partial albinism in some animals/people.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Oh okay, Well I was super close, almost the same thing. Different genes but they both work on the lysosomal trafficking regulator protein.

"Chédiak–Higashi syndrome[1] is a rare autosomal recessive disorder that arises from a mutation of a lysosomal trafficking regulator protein"

"Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome - These genes provide instructions for making proteins. These - play a role in the formation and movement (trafficking) of a group of cell structures called lysosome-related organelles (LROs)"

"Chediak-Higashi Syndrome: a rare disorder of lysosomes and lysosome related organelles." http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/gene/LYST

So seems lysosome-related organelles = lysosomal trafficking regulator

This gives an over view of both and some others http://www.fasebj.org/content/14/10/1265.full

They both even cause lose of the platelet granules
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Wanted to update this thread with some info from Dave (Tiny Tracks). In his champagne fox litters, he tends to get a couple of lavenders. These are called "Lavender champagnes."

Lavender champagne is basically the same thing as a champagne with a gene that does not let the colors wash out--keeping it grayer than a normal champagne.

There is also a "lavender pastel" color. It is a chocolote-colored fox. The pictures Alynn posted of a lavender fox are of a lavender pastel.

So the OP's fox is indeed a lavender champagne. :)
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
naja-naja

Postby naja-naja » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:46 am

what makes a regular champagne?
1.4 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.2 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:40 pm

The champagne gene is its own mutation. We don't understand it very well. All we know is that if you breed two champagnes together, you'll get champagnes.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

Return to “FOXES”