PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Who's getting a fox this year? 2016

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Who's getting a fox this year? 2016

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon May 30, 2016 1:11 am

Congratulations. I don't think 9 weeks is too old, especially since he was socialized in a home already. I love his color. Blue would be a bit generic for my tastes but whatever seems to fit for you.

----
With Hyzzie's recent major illness I'll be putting my fennec on hold till she's gone which if I'm lucky could still be a good long while but I realize having an ill and nearly dying Hyzzie and a needy young fox at the same time would have been much more hellish than it was already and while she's slowly climbing to better health don't expect her to bounce back fully meaning I'll just focus on making a geriatric dogs time pleasant for now. Which is sad in a few ways but the right thing for mow. Still happy to see all the new fox owners. We need to get some more fennec owners here too though.
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Mon May 30, 2016 6:42 am

TamanduaGirl wrote:Congratulations. I don't think 9 weeks is too old, especially since he was socialized in a home already. I love his color. Blue would be a bit generic for my tastes but whatever seems to fit for you.

----
With Hyzzie's recent major illness I'll be putting my fennec on hold till she's gone which if I'm lucky could still be a good long while but I realize having an ill and nearly dying Hyzzie and a needy young fox at the same time would have been much more hellish than it was already and while she's slowly climbing to better health don't expect her to bounce back fully meaning I'll just focus on making a geriatric dogs time pleasant for now. Which is sad in a few ways but the right thing for mow. Still happy to see all the new fox owners. We need to get some more fennec owners here too though.

Yeah I can guarantee he won't be keeping that name. I'm just struggling to think of one since both the names I had in mind were for either a silver or a marble. Also he's already happy peed all over my floor several times and surprisingly the urine smell doesn't bother me much? He's quite eager to meet the dogs[and the one seems eager to meet him] but of course that will have to wait until he gets a clean bill of health. Before going home we stopped at our local pet store[not a chain one and the owner already knew about this as I asked him ahead of time if it would be ok to bring him in to find a fitting harness] and people seemed very accepting[Usually I'm the only one there]. That was just a one time thing to find him a suitable harness which he was tolerant as we tried a couple of different ones. Seems we couldn't find one just his size but we got one that's close enough that he'll grow into shortly, especially if they make this drastic of a change between 5 and 9 weeks old.
So far I've tried giving him some apple and some egg, surprisingly neither of which he seems to care much for but he loves the meat hunks from the kibble and his treats.

Sorry to hear about Hyzzie, I hope they're able to recover just fine. ; u;
Leopard geckos 3.4 Ball pythons 1.1 Cats 1.2 Fox 1.0
The Household Geckos Tumblr
Whisper

Postby Whisper » Mon May 30, 2016 9:08 am

Congratulations! He is so cute! I feel like it is way to hard to name things. We just got a frosty holland lop, and it took is way to long to name it.
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon May 30, 2016 12:26 pm

Thank you.

They get more smell as they age.
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Tue May 31, 2016 9:22 am

Anybody have a fox that seems to only be interested in kibble and egg..? Having a bit of trouble with my new boy. He's still pretty new though and I'm not sure what his previous owners fed him but so far he's only shown interest in his kibble and raw egg. He also seems to like banana a little bit but that's about it so far. I've been supplementing with taurine to make up for the disinterest in meats.
Unless maybe something is wrong with these chicken livers?
EDIT - Seems he either ate the liver or stashed it so fingers crossed he ate it. Next time though I'll try chopping it up to see if that helps.

On the brighter side he already seems to be getting acclimated to me and will often follow me around as I move about the room and spritzing with water with a stern no does the trick for keeping him out of places he isn't allowed. He's also getting better with using the cat box. Can't wait until he gets checked out which seems will be Thursday so afterwards we can begin to introduce him to the others.
Leopard geckos 3.4 Ball pythons 1.1 Cats 1.2 Fox 1.0
The Household Geckos Tumblr
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue May 31, 2016 12:52 pm

They can be picky as kits. Do you ever eat in front of him? Or at least pretend to. Most times they will be interested in at least tasting what you eat. He would be eating stuff from mom's mouth in the wild after all.
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Tue May 31, 2016 1:12 pm

@KaitouCat -Sounds like you've got a good first fox. Enjoy.

@tg-Sorry you need postpone your fennec. Very understandable though.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue May 31, 2016 1:54 pm

Congratulations. :) I love pearls! I think they are underrated.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Hamiltrash12345

Postby Hamiltrash12345 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:39 pm

Hey Elina, are you still breeding Corsac Foxes? I might like to get one once I have my own house and backyard. Maybe I'll take a Fennec with that too! If you're still in England I would be happy to come to England and pick them up.

Elsa ❤️
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed May 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Her corsacs never bred.

Return to “FOXES”