https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media. It is for Lucy (my beagle) She is totally blind from cataracts in both eyes. She can get surgery, but, it cost $1000.00 per eye. Even if I got one eye done, it is better than nothing at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747]

Does anybody know what subspecies of fox the ranch fox is?

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Does anybody know what subspecies of fox the ranch fox is?

Postby caninesrock » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:41 pm

Does anyone know what subspecies of Red Fox the Red Foxes that are bred on fur farms, by pet breeders, and used as part of the Russian domestication experiment are? I tried googling it but all I found was a bunch of either pro or anti fur-farming sites and videos with no mention of subspecies. Also, the articles about the domestic fox species didn't mention subspecies either. The only hint I've been able to find is that they are a North American subspecies of some sort, but I haven't been able to figure out what specific one.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Does anybody know what subspecies of fox the ranch fox is?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:48 am

"The first foxes kept in captivity were dug out of the ground in 1870 at a place called Fox Hill, near North Cape" That would be Norway, He sold them the a Mr. Haywood, Haywood sold his foxes to Dalton for 9 shillings.

"Charles Dalton is rightfully to be credited with having first successfully bred silver-black foxes, the strain which eventually formed the base of the fur-farming industry in Prince Edward Island."

"About 10 years [after Haywood's foxes were sold] Dalton got a pair from Anticosti Island [part of Quebec; a large island in the St Lawrence River.] that was advertised for Sale by a man named Pope."

"Next year got a pair from John Martin from Bangor Lot 40 P.E.I."

So they are subspecies hybrids as they are from different places.

Or "Looking back on these beginnings, Dalton like Morrissey regarded the Lot 40 foxes as the real turning point in the acquisition of breeding stock" if you only count those then would just be what ever subspecies is in Bangor.

source: http://www.daltondatabank.org/SirCharlesPEI.htm

But some came from other places so really hybrids.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Does anybody know what subspecies of fox the ranch fox is?

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:46 pm

They're "mutts." No particular subspecies anymore. I didn't realize they came from those locals originally so that's really cool though!
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

Return to “FOXES”