https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media
It is for Lucy (my beagle) she has some serious health issues.
=======================================

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747

Temperament help

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Nevlaar

Temperament help

Postby Nevlaar » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:48 pm

I'm wondering what things I can do to give a fox a stable temperament.
Here's my question specifically:
I want my fox Gracie to like me and want to be around me,
but I don't want her to get overly attached to the point where I can't leave the room she's in. What are things I should do to make her like me,
and things to avoid her being overly attached?
I'll never understand you earthlings.
Juska

Re: Temperament help

Postby Juska » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:53 am

From what I have seen, foxes don't get overly attached to people like a dog might. I don't think you're going to have an issue with that but maybe someone else could chime in on that.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the American shorthair
Nevlaar

Postby Nevlaar » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:19 pm

Thanks, I don't know much about fox behavior! Although you still didn't answer my first question
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Juska is correct, foxes don't get attached to people like a dog would.

foxes don't really "like" people in the sense that a dog would. they can bond with you, but, they are very food orientated.

all I can tell you is what I did, talk to your fox as much as you can, it's good that your fox hears your voice, talk about anything.
hand feed her treats. give her some toys to play with. tug a war toys you can play with her. squeeky toys they like.
the more toys the better.

foxes are less intimated when you are more at their level. sit on the floor with her. hand her a treat.

basically, the more time you spend with your fox, the better. Again, don't expect her to be like a dog.

I am not really sure exactly what you want to know.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Nevlaar

Postby Nevlaar » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:55 pm

Okay thanks. You've actually answered both my questions.
I understand they don't love you the way dogs do, but they still love you right? Gracie doesn't really show any distinguishable emotion other than playful and hungry.
juniper707

Postby juniper707 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:30 am

I don't think foxes generally become so attached that they have seperation anxiety issues like a dog could develop, but I do think some will bond with people, or choose "their person" like a cat would. 1 person in the family that they prefer or favor (probably the person who feeds it, like a cat does lol) but some might never really care either way about people. Just depends on the fox's personality I guess. My first fox, Annie, was very attached to me. She was extremely affectionate and would follow me around. Our current fox, Nellie, is almost 4 months old and tho she is pretty affectionate, she doesn't just come and lay in my lap like Annie would have. Actually we were outside and I was sitting on the ground and she came and laid beside me. I was like WOAH! She much rather would spend time with our dog than any of us I think lol, unless we have food.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:34 am

Babies and young ones will call out for their owners. Sometimes even adult ones will too. If you watch Beanie's Kevie videos on youtube, she has one that shows her fox calls for her whenever she leaves. If Ifrit can hear my voice but not see me (like if I'm indoors and talking loud with a window open) then she starts calling for me and making happy sounds. :)
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:35 am

That's not to say they are "clingy" animals, of course. Just that they do miss you and want you.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

Return to “FOXES”