https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media
It is for Lucy (my beagle) she has some serious health issues.
=======================================

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747

Evacuating fox family

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

kevinwalker

Evacuating fox family

Postby kevinwalker » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:05 am

Last month we moved into our new home and It’s a 50 year old building which was not occupied for past few years. We cleaned the property and started living there from last month and now we noticed a fox family near the car garage and last night it killed our kitten. I want to evacuate them from my home. How can I evacuate them without harming. I’m a nature lover and doesn’t wish to kill any creatures so please give me some suggestions. I had heard about a relocator but I’m not much aware it. Can anyone give some suggestions?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Evacuating fox family

Postby Ash » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:39 am

I would call animal control and ask about relocators in your area. So I would call the police station and ask, and you can double-check and make sure that the foxes will be relocated and not killed. OR, you could try to capture them yourself with a Have-A-Heart trap, but they are very tricky to catch. Also, there are sometimes laws against relocating foxes across county lines, but you could call the state DWR and ask if that were a concern.

And then option B of course would just be to adjust your lifestyle and accept that the foxes are going to be in the neighborhood. And then make sure to keep your animals indoors or in a secured backyard.

Hope that helps you out. :) It can be a very tricky, frustrating situation. Good luck.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:54 pm

I think a relocator would be your best option. If its a legitimate relocating company, they shouldn't kill the animals. They will just move them to a new location. Also, they should have all the proper permits and everything to do the job of relocating legally. I don't think its a good idea to try doing the job yourself. Best let a professional do it. I wouldn't call animal control to come get rid of them themselves because they will sometimes kill "problem" animals rather than relocating them. :/
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:09 pm

You could try things like coyote urine or commercial fox replants, they have scent and audio ones you can buy. If you know where their den is you could try pouring some strong scented something on it and they likely wouldn't want to stay then.

Return to “FOXES”