PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Lil Koji [IMAGE HEAVY]

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

KaitouCat

Lil Koji [IMAGE HEAVY]

Postby KaitouCat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:14 pm

Earlier this year I'd had hit a rough spot with TinyTracks as they had accidentally sold the original kit on hold for me and then due to the stresses of trying to find another day when they were available as well as us I unfortunately had to forfeit my deposit entirely. We might have been able to work out a date at some point sure but I wasn't sure when nor was I sure how long they'd be willing to hold him.

If it wasn't for that though I wouldn't have gone to HillView instead and gotten this lovely little pearl. We'd originally gone for a silver but we'd arrived a little early and while we were looking at the young silver that was screaming someone else had come a bit late to return their pearl since they'd been denied for their permit and he as so calm and quiet and since I'd brought $300 instead of the required $250 just in case I asked if he'd take $300 for him and he agreed. It was almost like destiny and I couldn't have asked for a better first fox.
He's been a fantastic little boy through and through. He eats almost all he's given now though sometimes I may need to cook the veggies in a broth to make them a bit more appetizing and his favorite is and has always been scrambled eggs and left over chicken from where I work. [Though that's only a treat once in awhile] He of course also loves any and all raw or cooked poultry or canned foods.[Though after last time canned is given in moderation *coughcough*]
He also uses the litter pan most of the time though he's actually getting to be in need of an upgrade now and has recently gotten to try walks again now that he can be taken outside without flipping out and he absolutely LOVES it. He does feel a bit more comfortable and brave when his little walking companion joins us but doesn't freak out when cars pass or people walk by. It also took quite a few harnesses until I found one that actually works on him where he can't slip out of it in five seconds. It goes over his head though which I know it was said most don't like it but he seems to tolerate it for the sake of getting to go on a walk.

Due to having such a fantastic experience with HillView I'm now considering the possibility of a second kit from them next year or the following year, hopefully from the same parents even. If I'm permitted to have another that is but I'd certainly like to and it would give Koji someone more on his level to play with as he can get a bit to rough with the dogs, at least for their tastes. I've not personally witnessed him getting to rough, I just think his levels of energy is off putting to them sometimes and they get along far better on the walks when they're not the sole focus of his attention.
Leopard geckos 3.4 Ball pythons 1.1 Cats 1.2 Fox 1.0
The Household Geckos Tumblr
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lil Koji [IMAGE HEAVY]

Postby Ash » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:10 pm

Wow! Koji is beautiful. I've always thought pearls were stunning, and he sure is a looker. I love, love his coat...

He seems really happy with you and friendly! You're definitely doing it right. :)

Well, someone else's loss was your gain. Seems like you couldn't have gotten a better fit for you and your family. If you do decide to get another fox from the same parents, would you try to get a sister or brother for him? It's cute to see the size difference between the genders.

Haha. I want to grab that little pink tongue! You took some nice pics of him.

How is litter training going? Or does he stay in his enclosure? Is he currently a house fox?

Since this is your first fox, just had some fun questions for you! :) Is he what you expected? How was it the first few weeks? Anything you wish you knew beforehand and didn't? Lots of potential owners like to hear these types of things, so that's why I'm asking. Plus, people asked me the same thing when I got my first fox, lol.

Please keep giving regular updates on him! I love the pearls, and I feel like there's not enough of them around to oogle at here, lol. And Koji is super pretty. I really like his happy face!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:05 pm

Ash wrote:Wow! Koji is beautiful. I've always thought pearls were stunning, and he sure is a looker. I love, love his coat...

He seems really happy with you and friendly! You're definitely doing it right. :)

Well, someone else's loss was your gain. Seems like you couldn't have gotten a better fit for you and your family. If you do decide to get another fox from the same parents, would you try to get a sister or brother for him? It's cute to see the size difference between the genders.

Haha. I want to grab that little pink tongue! You took some nice pics of him.

How is litter training going? Or does he stay in his enclosure? Is he currently a house fox?

Since this is your first fox, just had some fun questions for you! :) Is he what you expected? How was it the first few weeks? Anything you wish you knew beforehand and didn't? Lots of potential owners like to hear these types of things, so that's why I'm asking. Plus, people asked me the same thing when I got my first fox, lol.

Please keep giving regular updates on him! I love the pearls, and I feel like there's not enough of them around to oogle at here, lol. And Koji is super pretty. I really like his happy face!

I'm not entirely sure which gender I'd go with. I'd prefer another male due to ease and cost of neutering compared to spaying which is more invasive and dangerous. With the smaller size though it would be cute.

He's currently a house fox, usually in his own room or in his large cage in my personal room whenever we're gone to ensure nothing can happen. Litter training he took to like candy right away almost without any sort of guidance. He's starting to outgrow his box now though and sometimes misses or just pees on the outside rim. He also has gotten sloppy with pooping in it but so long as he doesn't get the runs that's easy enough to clean up.

Honestly he's actually better than what I expected. I mean I somewhat wish I'd been better able to socialize him but he isn't that bad around strangers or cars. I kinda wish I'd known about their sharp as hell claws that have poked holes in one of my favorite shirts but I suppose it should have been a given that he would. The first few weeks were pretty swell. He had some issues at night sometimes with noise but that's to be expected and other than that he was perfect.
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:16 pm

Sorry for the double post but this is just a bit frustrating.. I know after a certain period of time it won't let you edit or delete the post and for good reason but I'd posted that while on my mobile and had intended to expand upon it when I got home in a short bit and was in the process of doing so just fine but when I hit enter it tells me I can no longer do so. :x
Like.. Ergh. I guess I'll just post the added/edited bits here???

"Whichever I get next though I will certainly be trying to get more of a head start on socialization and acclimating to different things. I had neglected doing so with Koji due to him not having been able to get his shots earlier but we got lucky with him and he's been ok with new things despite his older age. He actually only recently started going on walks because when I so much as tried taking him outside before he'd flip the hell out and this was the first time he hasn't reacted negatively and actually seemed ecstatic.
He also did actually bite me for the first time today as I was trying to take OFF the harness[You'd think it would be the other way around] but it wasn't a bad one. He essentially just put his mouth on my hand while I was trying to get his leg out of it which I guess must have hurt him a little.

Honestly he's actually better than what I expected. I mean I somewhat expected him to be a bit more crazy and possibly aggressive with certain things such as toy guarding or food aggression but he's not really displayed either of those. Though I don't exactly test my luck either with the food aggression either. Just hand feed treats or hand him some raw meat on occasion and when serving his nummies via dish I let him eat some while I hold it then place it down and give him a few pats on the back and walk away. He may sometimes turn his butt to me in a defensive posture but nothing excessive yet."
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Oh my, he's beautiful! Sounds like an awesome little guy, congrats. :)
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:24 am

beautiful fox. I assume he is a pearl? one picture looked like a silver fox.

for the litter problem issues, use a bigger litter box or two. I use the cement mixing pans.
however most fox are not always 100% litter trained. but, close.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:18 pm

pat wrote:beautiful fox. I assume he is a pearl? one picture looked like a silver fox.

for the litter problem issues, use a bigger litter box or two. I use the cement mixing pans.
however most fox are not always 100% litter trained. but, close.

Yeah he's a pearl. Also he's gotten better at using it again, he just has his moments sometimes but he'll be getting a bigger pan soon.
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:38 pm

Popping by with some update photos on Koji whom even though it's October, hasn't changed a bit in personality other than getting crazy possessive over something he wasn't allowed to have but it was rectified with a trade.
He's also gotten better on the leash, calming down from the erratic darting about which is likely helped by his new longer leash that gives him a bit more reach.
Attachments
^EA8ADB67A2368D7E703DFFB1A1B06EA01D5E1580DC2AB6050D^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
^0567B48C720E8521AAFC9293CF0AC97378C80FB82E831F591F^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:41 pm

that's great to hear all is still going well. Koji is looking good.
Dylan and cassi

Postby Dylan and cassi » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Oh, great. Now I want a pearl, or a marble! I don't know?!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:02 pm

Dylan and cassi wrote:Oh, great. Now I want a pearl, or a marble! I don't know?!
:lol:

get both.. :lol:

or

get a "glazier fox" that is what my youngest one is. he is a mix of pearl and marble.
Attachments
donnie03-11-12.jpg
donnie03-11-14.jpg

KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:31 pm

Dylan and cassi wrote:Oh, great. Now I want a pearl, or a marble! I don't know?!

If you do I'd go through HillView which is where I got Koji from. Both are fantastic color morphs though. :P
Sometimes I wish I'd gone with a gray because of how folks say they're more friendly/personable but I don't regret this little guy at all.~

I'd actually possibly like a white mark in the future.. I keep seeing one with these steely gray/blue eyes on facebook and just.. Gosh my heart. Though I'm sure most don't and likely won't have those eyes but gosh I'd love one so much and they'd give Koji a playmate more his size because while he's not changed much mentally he's certainly changed physically, now being a bit to large to play with the dogs to much, especially the Pomeranian whom is the only one who wants anything to do with him.
The other day I actually had them out in the yard with Koji on the leash and the little guy came bounding up to Koji and pounced him to which Koji flopped over and played with him a little before the little guy scampered off. So it seems Cubby does like Koji considering he approached him of his own free will, just not when he's the one instigating rough play with extreme energy that surpasses the poms own energy.

Sadly though Hillview doesn't do whitemarks from what I recall and I don't know of any breeders besides TinyTracks that does and well, after my experience with them I'm not even going to attempt going through them again.
Dylan and cassi

Postby Dylan and cassi » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:46 pm

Tiny tracks is closer to me and I have talked to Dave. If I were to get one that's where I'll be going there. Sorry for your bad experience. I'm thinking about a pearl or a marble.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:44 am

not sure, but, I think hillview is no longer selling. :shrug:

Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:30 am

Uh...Hillview Exotics I'd still very much in business and still sells animals; their pricing list has even been updated with new fox colors.

Return to “FOXES”