https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media. It is for Lucy (my beagle) She is totally blind from cataracts in both eyes. She can get surgery, but, it cost $1000.00 per eye. Even if I got one eye done, it is better than nothing at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747]

Any fellow owners up in Canada by chance?

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

KaitouCat

Any fellow owners up in Canada by chance?

Postby KaitouCat » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:30 am

I'm now looking to leave this country.

Is anyone able to help out, even if it's just with the legalities? Especially since I have Koji whom I cannot leave behind should I leave.
I also have cats and a lot of reptiles that would need to accompany me.
Ideally I'd like to possibly bunk with someone, at least for awhile until I'm able to get a job and place to go to, though even then I'd love a room-mate.
Any and all help is welcomed though, anything to leave this dangerous country and while Canada may only be a stones throw away, it's at least not directly under this con mans rule.
Leopard geckos 3.4 Ball pythons 1.1 Cats 1.2 Fox 1.0
The Household Geckos Tumblr
Vata Raven

Re: Any fellow owners up in Canada by chance?

Postby Vata Raven » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:15 am

Here's a general link that can give you an idea of where to even look in Canada for a general area to even consider.
http://livingwithfoxes.weebly.com/legality.html

However, before anything, read Canada's import laws.
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/ter ... 6600500578
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:41 am

Thanks for the help.
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:14 pm

Shame that the link regarding importations appears to be down now. From what I gathered from an earlier glance it seems that you can't be a Canadian resident and import from the states but it may be considered if it's a pet fox belonging to somebody from the states moving to or visiting? Unless I'm not understanding it properly.. Hopefully the site comes back up soon so I can look at it again as well as look into import requirements for my other animals.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:46 pm

If you were a Canadian resident living abroad and want to come home with a pet fox they may consider it as long as fixed but otherwise they can not be imported for pet purposes. The site is down due to many using the site right now.

If you were already there there's a chance you could get a permit to use a fox for commercial reasons like training for movies or other exhibition depending on the Provence then could potentially import him for a nonpet reason.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:55 pm

If looking to just leave then Peru is cheap to live but can be hard to find a job. In my case I could take mine with me with some extra effort. Don't remember much Spanish from high school though.

Only found info on importing dogs and cats so far though. I've looked into other countries many times on here before so my mentioning this right now doesn't necessarily mean anything ;) Actually if I could manage to move to a cheaper country I could live nicely. I got a "friend" on Pua's FB who is an artist who posts regularly living in Thailand(who is US born), looks cool but that's more expensive.

http://www.petrelocation.com/resources/ ... tions/peru
https://lifeinperu.com/2008/04/08/dual- ... ity-mutts/

Edit: okay maybe possible http://www.csmonitor.com/1998/0505/0505 ... ntl.5.html
"a 1992 law permitting people to apply for licenses with which they can maintain and breed exotic animals on their property"
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Honestly I'd really prefer to not move that far away and would strongly prefer keeping my feet on the ground.. [Afraid of flying.. and boats..]
Especially since I have a lot of other animals to bring with me, driving just seems like a better alternative where I can make sure nothing happens to my animal family. So many things can go wrong during a flight and I'm not even sure if it would be a safe method of transport to begin with at this time.
I also have people I know in Canada I could go to so I wouldn't be jumping headfirst into a country I'd know nothing about and with nobody to go to.

Hmm.. If that edit is correct then I hope it's still true. I guess I'll possibly have to try making some calls to find out more information and if they're possibly making exceptions due to circumstances.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:56 pm

That edit was for Peru since I started out say I didn't know if they allowed them or not.

I don't know if Canada would give any sort of permits to immigrants but it's worth asking. This one person with a fox up there got a permit from Quebec for "Training" so thinks she can import a fennec since not for pet purposes but she's checking to see if they still require the 30 day quarantine on foxes.
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:42 pm

KaitouCat wrote:Hmm.. If that edit is correct then I hope it's still true. I guess I'll possibly have to try making some calls to find out more information and if they're possibly making exceptions due to circumstances.

Expect, all the links TamanduaGirl posted were for Peru, not Canada.

As it states on the Canadian Food Inspection Agency website, you won't be able to import a fox, skunk, or raccoon as a pet, BUT you can still import them into the country. What that loophole is, I do not know.
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Vata Raven wrote:
KaitouCat wrote:Hmm.. If that edit is correct then I hope it's still true. I guess I'll possibly have to try making some calls to find out more information and if they're possibly making exceptions due to circumstances.

Expect, all the links TamanduaGirl posted were for Peru, not Canada.

As it states on the Canadian Food Inspection Agency website, you won't be able to import a fox, skunk, or raccoon as a pet, BUT you can still import them into the country. What that loophole is, I do not know.

That was already pointed out but thank you. I just hadn't gotten around to looking at those links thus I didn't know.
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:36 pm

Oh, before I forget, I know you said you know people in Canada, but I'm unsure if you call them or not. You will need to add Canada to your long distance plan. The average rate to call Canada without the long distance plan is $0.49 per minute.

Return to “FOXES”