https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media
It is for Lucy (my beagle) she has some serious health issues.
=======================================

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747

I'm very much contemplating weather to move houses or to give Bo a better home

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I'm very much contemplating weather to move houses or to give Bo a better home

Postby Ash » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 am

I'm so glad everything seems to be working out for you. :) I've heard of tons of people this year in my state getting rid of their foxes, and it makes me sad. I may even take one in, but we'll see.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I'm very much contemplating weather to move houses or to give Bo a better home

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:08 pm

Okay was going over the application info too see if they ask for a bill of sale.

If, for whatever reason, a new applicant has obtained animal s before obtaining an approved permit, the species and number of animals possessed as of the application date should be reported on the application. A letter explaining, in detail, the circumstances upon which the animals were obtained, including the name and address of the person from whom the animals were obtained, must be attached to the application.

So that is promising and sounds like they do not want to be taking animals if they don't have too.

But it doesn't ask for a bill of sale, so you could do like Ash said and take him to an out of state vet for an exam to get the health cert to apply for the import permit, though technically you'd be bringing him to the vet illegally by going into their state without one already. Then with import permit in hand apply for the permit to keep him. Maybe ask what the penalties are for importing and having one without a permit if you didn't know you needed it and are applying fresh. Maybe they would just have you pay some fines but still keep him. I'd use the burner phone. Though they may not bother for a fox they are the government so can trace a *67 call if they want too.
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:02 am

H20 Sl wrote:Vata, I don't currently live in Wyandotte is the problem :/, I live where it is pretty conservative and "boring" you could say xD, so strict laws on NO EXOTICS..

Do you wish to stay in Michigan? It will be easier to move if you rent, but you did say you lived in the same place for 11 years so I imagine you own. However, if another state isn't too far-fetched for you, I would suggest South Dakota. The low population count of humans makes for lenient city & county laws. Wyoming would be off the my recommended list because you can't import red fox typed into the state, which I found weird.
juniper707

Postby juniper707 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:16 am

I totally understand both sides of what you're probably feeling. Im songlad to hear you are going to try and keep him. My first fox, Annie, was rehomed when she was 1 1/2 - 2 years old. She was the light of my life, I was 18 or 19 when I got her and lived with my parents still. I really had no idea what I was getting in to when I got her. Basically like a dog/cat, right? Wrong! She lived strictly inside and as she got older she ended up mostly living in my bedroom. If you've seen the Loki videos on youtube, my room was basically like that house. Pretty bare and fox proofed. She took she slept with me on the floor (she destroyed my matress) or if she was bugging.me too.much I slept on the couch. I never felt like I regretted getting her, made a mistake, nothing like that - I adjusted my life around her and it worked out. But she was starting to get to the point where the room was not enough. She scratched at the door constantly and cried. So me and my parents agreed on making her an enclosure outside that following spring. Then my younger brother died and my whole world pretty much stopped. I couldn't function myself, let alone take care of her. I didn't actively look to rehome her but was thinking about it. A few months later a friend who knew I was thinking about it told me one of her friends was in the process of building an enclosure for a rehomed male that she was taking in and this lady was about 8 hrs from me. We connected and I decided it was best for Annie to go there where she could be in a comfortable, appropriate enclosure and hopefully have a playmate. That was such a hard thing to do, I cried most of the way home. I still feel guilty and terrible about it. I miss her so much, it's ridiculous. But I was very lucky, I didn't have to give her to someone I wasn't sure of, I was able to see the home she was going to and keep in touch for a while to see how she was doing. I feel confident that I made the right choice for both of us, but I still regret it and that was 10 years ago.

Return to “FOXES”