PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Indoor Fox

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

User avatar
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6545
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:25 pm
Location: pa
Contact:

Re: Indoor Fox

Postby pat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:48 pm

linseylou wrote:I had an arctic fox before my reds and he was allot worse behaved then how I explained my reds above, and wouldn't litter train at all after a couple months.he did well until he was about mo old and just stopped. Having owned him first i didn't know there was much of a difference, but now having reds i realize he was allot more stubborn and hard to handle personality wise in the house unfortunately.



Thank you for giving us the info. You pretty much verified what I have been trying say along with your experience with an Artic.
Most of the artic fox owners said the same thing about litter training and behavior.

I really don't think an artic fox is good at all in an apartment icon-sad
I also doubt the dnr and local will approve a fox in an apartment. I really hope Spindaboy will see this more clearly, for the sake of the fox.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
linseylou
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:18 am
Contact:

Re: Indoor Fox

Postby linseylou » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Yeah, unfortunately they aren't good indoors, abs ice not meet someone yet that will say otherwise :( they're amazing animals, but only if you're expecting them to be themselves. Ive heard good things about keeping grays inside if that's an option, and fennecs
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
User avatar
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6545
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:25 pm
Location: pa
Contact:

Re: Indoor Fox

Postby pat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:22 pm

linseylou wrote:Yeah, unfortunately they aren't good indoors, abs ice not meet someone yet that will say otherwise :( they're amazing animals, but only if you're expecting them to be themselves. Ive heard good things about keeping grays inside if that's an option, and fennecs


I can't even image keeping an artic in an apartment. icon-sad I heard too greys are better, however, they still should have an outdoor enclosure.
there is a member here that has a grey, but, they have not posted for quite some time. icon-sad They still mark, but they are not as bad as reds and Arctics

looks like Spindaboy has his heart set on an Arctic. I just wish he would think this through more. I really don't want him to have problems.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
linseylou
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:18 am
Contact:

Re: Indoor Fox

Postby linseylou » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Yes, i hope he makes sure he's making the right decision for himself and the fox before he gets it, because it's so hard on the animal if it doesn't work out, and finding someone to give a rehome to is tough unless you go through your breeder...
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
User avatar
Spindaboy
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:29 am
Location: Lexington, KY
Contact:

Re: Indoor Fox

Postby Spindaboy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:09 pm

Hiya everyone. I've heard all your advice and I trust you. It's going to hard, but I'm going to wait until I finish college before I get my fox. I want my future pet and I to have the brightest future possible together. It's really sad knowing I'll have to wait longer, but in the end I think I'll be doing what's best for the both of us :)
linseylou
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:18 am
Contact:

Re: Indoor Fox

Postby linseylou » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:17 pm

I'm glad you are waiting, and they are amazing pets to have and worth the wait trust me. Waiting is hard, but you will definitely be more prepared and be able to give yourself and your furbaby a better life. I admire that you are willing to do what's best, the more I'm on fb the more i see people deciding that they don't want to wait or do what's best and the consequences of that sucks for everyone involved. It's nice to see someone thinking it through
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
User avatar
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6545
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:25 pm
Location: pa
Contact:

Re: Indoor Fox

Postby pat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Spindaboy wrote:Hiya everyone. I've heard all your advice and I trust you. It's going to hard, but I'm going to wait until I finish college before I get my fox. I want my future pet and I to have the brightest future possible together. It's really sad knowing I'll have to wait longer, but in the end I think I'll be doing what's best for the both of us :)


thank you very much for trusting us. We are honest and upfront. Yes, you are doing whats best for both you and the fox.
Hopefully, for now, you can find a place where there are foxes (zoo, rehab) then you can see or some places, even hands on.

you are doing the right thing. thank you again.

Please stay on the board, and read the fox forum often.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
User avatar
Spindaboy
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:29 am
Location: Lexington, KY
Contact:

Re: Indoor Fox

Postby Spindaboy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:22 pm

pat wrote:
Spindaboy wrote:Hiya everyone. I've heard all your advice and I trust you. It's going to hard, but I'm going to wait until I finish college before I get my fox. I want my future pet and I to have the brightest future possible together. It's really sad knowing I'll have to wait longer, but in the end I think I'll be doing what's best for the both of us :)


thank you very much for trusting us. We are honest and upfront. Yes, you are doing whats best for both you and the fox.
Hopefully, for now, you can find a place where there are foxes (zoo, rehab) then you can see or some places, even hands on.

you are doing the right thing. thank you again.

Please stay on the board, and read the fox forum often.

I plan on it :) My dream is still to have an arctic fox and I will wait patiently until that day comes.
User avatar
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6545
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:25 pm
Location: pa
Contact:

Re: Indoor Fox

Postby pat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:27 pm

It will be worth the wait. Hopefully, in the near future, you can own your own home, you will be able to build an enclosure.
I am sure in the future, you will be glad you waited.

Thank you a million times for doing the right thing.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
User avatar
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7951
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:38 am
Location: Utah

Re: Indoor Fox

Postby Ash » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Thank you for making the responsible decision. It's hard, but you will be very glad in retrospect, I promise. Your fox will be happier too living in a place with you and getting all your attention. I got my fox when I was in college, but it was a nightmare keeping up with both him, my job, AND my studies. It turned out okay for me, but I would have been better off it I'd waited.

In the meantime, please stick around. :) We like having fox-to-be owners around.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
User avatar
Peacefulward
Posts: 581
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:59 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Indoor Fox

Postby Peacefulward » Sat May 27, 2017 10:34 am

Thank you SO much for waiting! It will be worth it, you and your fox will be much happier. Wishing you luck! icon-smile
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).

Return to “FOXES”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest