PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Variance Day!

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

ScottyB

Variance Day!

Postby ScottyB » Wed May 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Hello everyone,

Had my variance meeting today final been waiting for about two months when i filed my paperwork. I had to present myself in front of three people from my township. I didn't meet the one acre ordinance and i live in a subdivision which is also a no go. However i went through all the questions showed my fence setup along with my pen and they was all very pleased with my research. I had all three people say they didn't mind at all if i owned a fox however the township had to look into liability issues due to them allowing me to own the fox they could be sued if anything happens so i have to wait another week before i get the final answer rather i can or not. This is just a update to anyone i have had conversations with on my studies, and i thank anyone that helped me with my research from here cause you guys are great and helped me in this meeting.

Pen pics just to show my beginning setup. Its a 10x10x6 pen fenced on top, under it, and a perimeter fence 2 1/2 feet away from the pen so nothing can mess with the fox. I plan on making it a 20x10x6 but right now i just wanted to show my dedication at my meeting.

http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/scott ... t=3&page=1

If that link don't work let me know ill try to fix im new to posting pics lol.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Variance Day!

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed May 03, 2017 2:35 pm

Sounds promising. Maybe if they are concerned about being sued you could offer to get insurance but hopefully they decide you can without having to do that.

The link works
ScottyB

Postby ScottyB » Wed May 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Yeah they are looking into getting a liability insurance that I would have to pay for. So depending on that cost I'll just do it but I'm hoping they have no problems. It's all kinda on the townships lawyer.

Thanks for telling me about the link also.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu May 04, 2017 2:38 pm

You could always get insurance through this place: https://www.lkalmanson.com/. They specialize in exotic animal liability insurance.

It sounds as though the meeting went very well! All your patience is really paying off. Good for you going the legal route. :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that they say "yes" next week. I really, really hope they say yes.

Your enclosure looks very secure. :) A fox would definitely appreciate bigger, but you're already planning on expanding, so that's awesome.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “FOXES”