PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Fennec Fox Breeding

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

ray690

Fennec Fox Breeding

Postby ray690 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi to all, Im Mirko from Italy, (sorry for my bad english) I found this wonderful forum after many research on the web. I would like to breed a couple of little Fennec Fox, I checked CITES and italian regulation about that species and its legal with some certificate, but my problem is that in Italy there is no breeding of fox... :( someone know the nearest breeding fox?
Thanks for help :)
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fennec Fox Breeding

Postby pat » Sat May 13, 2017 2:54 pm

sorry, I can't help you. Have you done extensive research on breeding and fennecs? It is a good idea to own one first.
I have no idea where you can find a breeder in Italy . icon-sad

the other members will chime in with ideas.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

I don't know either. There are some Breeders in England. I think in Germany as well. People have them in Russia so there are maybe breeders there but I don't know how to get in contact with any of them. Just some ideas of countries you might be able to look at. There are a docent number of exotics in Portugal I think so maybe worth looking there as well.

There are breeders in Egypt and Africa but you'll need to be extra diligent to ensure who ever you deal with is legit.
ray690

Postby ray690 » Sun May 14, 2017 3:13 am

I done some research and found some info about a breeders in UK, Switzerland, maybe Germany, but nothing numbers or email to contact them... just some peoples that say that. :)
I would like to avoid having to take the plane, so its good to found a breeders near Italy. anyways thanks for help, I will try to find some breeders in Germany and Portugal :)
I have other question, ^_^ I want take a couple of Fennec, like a female and male, but if they are sister/brother, Is it a problem to reproduce them? (sorry for my english) I mean, its a problem for theyr son?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun May 14, 2017 4:14 am

Unless there is some special circumstance like a new color morph then you shouldn't breed siblings. The problem being people often put them together without thinking about that so there's more inbreeding than you think already and people who get them from you might try to breed them and create more inbreed kits.

The kits would likely be fine if the parents aren't from relations as it's not as bad in animals as it is people but the more it is done the more problems will pop up. So it's only suggested if there is a special reason to and then you'd have to inform any buyer that the offspring are inbred already so they can avoid mating them with any from you or the breeder you got them from.

If you want to start breeding you will want to find unrelated animals. So ask the breeders about the lineage of their breeders so you can get as distantly related as you can. The numbers are fairly low so inbreeding happens already and it needs to be kept to a minimum for long term health of the population in human care. Biggest issue with lots of inbreeding winds up being sterility eventually and lowered immune health.
FrothingMagpies

Postby FrothingMagpies » Mon May 15, 2017 7:42 am

There are a few breeders selling in facebook groups for exotic mammals in Europe, they're more expensive in Europe than the USA from what I can tell though :( €2-3,000 per fox seems to be the price range now. I have seen untame one adult pair go for as low as €3500, but that was an exception, & they were quite old & had never bred from what I remember. Some can send kits to the Hamm Terrestikka show in Germany (there are four a year, the next is in June. It's the biggest international show in Europe, mostly reptiles but there are some other exotics there too) and because it's so big there will surely be someone couriering animals back to Italy afterwards, for a fee :) Facebook groups for fox keepers/breeders in Europe might be helpful too.
ray690

Postby ray690 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:36 pm

FrothingMagpies, really thanks for that info I will check this breeder and maybe I will contact them :3 thanks ^_^

Return to “FOXES”