ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Vaccination questions mixed answers

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Foxtheauthor

Vaccination questions mixed answers

Postby Foxtheauthor » Fri May 26, 2017 5:07 am

I picked up Starlord about three weeks ago now and she's doing excellent. She's super happy and lovable. I've heard mixed reviews on how old they should be when you first vaccinate them. TT said 6 months old and only killed virus vaccines. I know they can get parvo and that's a horrible way to die and you can track it in your home on your shoes from an infected area. I read somewhere on here where someone gave a canine spectra 7 to their fox but they didn't say how old it was. I know rabies is at 6 months for any canine. I just want to be sure she doesn't get distemper or parvo. I know it should be ferret version for distemper but what about parvo? My vet is also doing some research as my fox will be his first Foxy patient. He wanted me to get testimonials on what other fox owners vets used. I think he just wants to ease my mind by having me talk to other owners since she's my first fox :roll: . I have ferrets and I'm familiar with their vaccines. (I have no intentions of letting ferrets and fox ever even see one another) :mrgreen:

I thank you for your help/advice in advance.

Starlord is on Instagram: @starlordthefox
Attachments
1495530793930.jpeg
Starlord
Rev. Dr. Jasmin Fox C. Hardy Wieczorek
President

Wizard of Paws Wildlife Education Inc.
https://www.wizardofpawswildlife.org

4 Foxes
2 Ferrets
1 Mini Lop
3 New Guinea Singing Dogs
nursedmk

Re: Vaccination questions mixed answers

Postby nursedmk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:03 pm

We just got our Marble and I have been giving her Duramune 5 for dogs. That is the one the breeder said was safe. The Rabies Vaccine is Imrab 3. Foxes have to get it yearly but dogs only have to get that rabies every 3 years. I need help with Flea and Tick. I want to see if the Seresto Collars are OK for foxes. Haven't found the answer yet.
linseylou

Re: Vaccination questions mixed answers

Postby linseylou » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Yes seresto collars work well and are ok for foxes, the only thing I'd worry about is if your fox eats collars like my cole does
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake

Return to “FOXES”