PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

EMERGENCY

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

H20 Sl

EMERGENCY

Postby H20 Sl » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:46 pm

Bo is falling over. He is tripping and walking weird. He did not greet me, but stared just at me with squinty eyes. I saw his head shake and I'm so scared that it's rabies. I feel like dying. I can't handle if this is because of my stupidity. How can I send a video. I need to figure out weather I am safe to approach him. I don't know how to word that well, i'm not in a good state of mind.
H20 Sl

Re: EMERGENCY

Postby H20 Sl » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:54 pm

I have some information that would have been good to know. My grandmother said that he was playing with a toad. Are they toxic. Could that have been the reason? I still won't go in the enclosure yet.
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:05 pm

I went in his cage. He has a bump on his snout. I would like to feel his spine. It looks like its not in place but that could be his fur. His shelf was down.
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Why are you worried about it being rabies? I think some toads can be toxic, but idk if all are. Could the shelf have fallen on him? I don't really have enough info to give Mich advice other than to find a vet
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:44 pm

Yes some toads are toxic but it does sound like he may have been injure with the shelf. The sooner he sees a vet the better. If there is a spinal injury he needs steroids right away to help the swelling stay down and hopefully prevent serious damage.
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:51 pm

linseylou wrote:Why are you worried about it being rabies? I think some toads can be toxic, but idk if all are. Could the shelf have fallen on him? I don't really have enough info to give Mich advice other than to find a vet

Ive calmed down and am not so spastic. I Just assumed rabies because 1. he is outside and Just seeing him wobble and twitch freaked me out. I saw animals and humans with rabies in videos, wobbling and twitching so it was on my mind. He looks very sick as well, I just didn't know what to think. He didn't recognize me either for the first 15 minutes. But, I finally couldn't handle not being with him so I went in his cage and pet him. I also took him inside for tonight. Gave him chicken and ice water. I felt his back a bit and nothing seems out of place or painful, but I only skimmed him. Let's see tomorrow. His back legs are very jello like. They just fall in a puddle. I also wonder if it's his food outside? I leave some dry kibble outside. Maybe it's spoiled? I'll throughly examine his legs and spine tomorrow. Hes resting and I dont want to disturb him while he's healing right now.
TamanduaGirl wrote:Yes some toads are toxic but it does sound like he may have been injure with the shelf. The sooner he sees a vet the better. If there is a spinal injury he needs steroids right away to help the swelling stay down and hopefully prevent serious damage.
yes, I'm thinking that too. He may have jumped on it and fell weird when it gave out. I'll check in with a vet tomorrow morning stat.
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:25 am

I have contacted every vet. None will treat him. I'm going to call a friend and see where he takes his fox. I could go to the vet that I used to go to, but I left very upset at the way she treated my animal and me. She also isn't a good exotic vet and doesn't know how to handle an animal.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:21 am

are you feeding him only kibbles? if so, that is not a good diet and could cause problems.
what kind of kibbles are you feeding him?

they need chicken, giblets and eggs that is what I feed mine. my oldest one died at almost 13.
I am not saying that is the problem, but, thought I would mention it.
I also agree, you should take him to the vet.

I doubt it is rabies. usually when a fox or any animal is in a enclosure, chances are slim they they get rabies.
however, distemper is another problem. if he had distemper, he would be really bad.
I had a dog long time ago that had distemper and it was not a pretty site.

keep us updated.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm so sorry about Bo. :( I'll keep him in my thoughts today.

If I were you, I'd contact your old vet for now and see if they could at least take a look at him. Even though it might be an awkward visit, it sounds like he really needs to be seen.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “FOXES”