PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Best supplies for a new fox owner

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Best supplies for a new fox owner

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:21 pm

If you breed a litter then yes you need USDA. You have to pull the litter at 2 weeks, feed then every two hours around the clock, prevent them from aspirating on the formula, stimulate them to potty so they don't get so impacted from poo that they die, and keep them warm. Not really ideal to try and do a couple times just for fun. They also mate for life so you'll need to have both foxes forever.

When just buying a kit it will depend on how young it is but generally you get them once at least partly on food and not as much work. If shipped to you they will have to be fully weaned first.
linseylou

Re: Best supplies for a new fox owner

Postby linseylou » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:35 am

They have to be pulled from parents and hand raised at a couple weeks old, but it's not easy or cheap to become usda licensed. and arctics can have 2-8kits, sometimes even more. Feeding them is a full time job and if you parent raise then they aren't as good pet material
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake

Return to “FOXES”