please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Loki the fox's owner Noel Castillo will be getting a new fox. And it is an arctic fox.

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: hecate, Ash, TamanduaGirl

TheGamer675

Loki the fox's owner Noel Castillo will be getting a new fox. And it is an arctic fox.

Postby TheGamer675 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Hello everyone. icon-smile
Noel said he will be getting a new pet arctic fox named Tyr. And he has a new channel for it go subscribe to him: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY9dJ ... Yrll6R-pgw

I wonder if he is going to Indiana or somewhere in the midwest or if he will just get it in Florida.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Loki the fox's owner Noel Castillo will be getting a new fox. And it is an arctic fox.

Postby Ash » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:45 pm

I'm glad he's ready to move forward and get another fox. :)

My only concern is arctics tend not to do well in a house environment, and typically require outdoor enclosures--even moreso than reds it seems. An arctic can be okay outside (even in Florida) especially with a misting fan and shade. But maybe he'll get lucky and his arctic will be okay with just being indoors. Regardless, I'm sure he'll provide it with proper care and make adjustments if need be.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Loki the fox's owner Noel Castillo will be getting a new fox. And it is an arctic fox.

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Yeah that's my concern too. A gray would have been a much better fit for him and still looked plenty different.

We've had numerous examples in old members here who tried to keep arctics inside and it went terribly wrong due to their getting aggressive inside, and age didn't seem to help either with those that persisted. Even those who had planned to move them to outside enclosure often found they had to move them sooner than expected due to aggression and they calmed down more once moved out. Arctics live in a harsh environment have huge litters and only the strongest survive(kits kill each other while still tiny, in the wild), so their being more aggressive than reds is understandable. Of all the fox species people have experience with as pets I'd say arctics are the worst to try and make into a house pet. Less destructive than reds? Maybe, but the aggression thing is a bigger issue.

Hopefully for both of them his fox is an exception or he is willing to build an outside enclosure when things start to get rough. It's not totally unheard of to have an arctic inside but far far more cases of it not working out.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:19 am

I wish he would have considered another breed of fox. I agree with Mary, artics do not do good in the house.
artics do NOT litter train like reds do. so he will have lots of clean up and lots of smell in his house, in conjunction with an unhappy fox. icon-sad

guess, he will find out the hard way. icon-sad
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:26 pm

I'm sure he'll make all the necessary adjustments when the needs arise. :) I'm excited to "meet" Tyr since he'll be the first arctic in the "spotlight."
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:58 pm

pat wrote:I wish he would have considered another breed of fox. I agree with Mary, artics do not do good in the house.
artics do NOT litter train like reds do. so he will have lots of clean up and lots of smell in his house, in conjunction with an unhappy fox. icon-sad

guess, he will find out the hard way. icon-sad

He already dealt with all of that with his first fox, though Loki did use a box there was marking too. I mean he does have video of him pooping on his video game and such. He did a decent job covering that with this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik8KEe9tGZ4

But where Loki just threatened with opening his mouth an arctic will more likely bite first. So I'm just concerned about that and those other horror stores we've seen about their agression. He knows about the rest already from experience, though it does seem someone gave him not so good advice saying arctics litter train better and don't smell when it's the opposite.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:38 pm

guess he will learn as he goes, and work with any problems that arise. I wish he would post on this board, we have truthful answers here.
we are here to help no matter what.

guess I should not say anything, I got sybil on a spur of moment. all I can say is WOW, what a learning experience.
she was just pulled from momma when I got her. so I really had my work cut out. after raising her all the animals I got was a breeze.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue May 01, 2018 6:03 pm

In last week's live stream he said he was thinking about moving. I think that would be great. If he could move to a place where he could have a room for the arctic instead of a cage so it has it's own space it will have a better chance of working out, and if he moves to a place with a decent sized yard he could still make an enclosure if he does wind up needing it.

His newest video shows he's a pretty good owner as far as understanding foxes. So likely will realize what his fox needs over time. Though I will say he's more likely to get bit for real doing that with an arctic then with a red. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoRrA5Ekfco
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun May 06, 2018 5:40 pm

Mary,

I just watched a couple of his videos. sorry, but my opinion is NO, he don't know how to handle a fox.

I know foxes mark. when mine were in the house (not 24/7) anytime I caught Daryl marking, I would yell, NO. he stopped before he even started.
I never got bit by any of my foxes. They never showed aggression toward me.

I will say, my foxes were 99% litter trained. however, from what some of the artic owners said, they do not litter train well, if at all.

I really hope he gets an outdoor enclosure for his new fox. Foxes love the outdoors also.

The cage made me cringe. as you know, caging an animal only brings out aggression. icon-sad

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:10 pm

He's getting a red fox after all, a glacier. I think he'll be happier with that even though wasn't his first choice since he has had a red before he will be better prepared for that.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:21 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:He's getting a red fox after all, a glacier. I think he'll be happier with that even though wasn't his first choice since he has had a red before he will be better prepared for that.

glad to hear that. I too think he will be better off with a red fox family fox. actually, donnie is a glazer fox (which is a cross of marble and pearl)

when is he getting his fox?

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:09 pm

He's Picking him up Wednesday. The arctic liter died so he is getting the glacier from a late red litter as a last minute change. I suspect he's getting him from Dave but he's not saying who the breeder is but it's a 20hr drive so would be about right for it to be Dave.
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:51 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:He's Picking him up Wednesday. The arctic liter died so he is getting the glacier from a late red litter as a last minute change.

Did he mention the who the breeder was for the arctic litter? I assume not, but can't hurt to ask.

Though, I thought arctics were born during June and July months.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Vata Raven wrote:
TamanduaGirl wrote:He's Picking him up Wednesday. The arctic liter died so he is getting the glacier from a late red litter as a last minute change.

Did he mention the who the breeder was for the arctic litter? I assume not, but can't hurt to ask.

No he is giving no info on the breeder but it sounds like it's the same breeder for both and his deposit is transferred to the Glacier since the arctics didn't make it. He didn't say who or exactly what happened but all the arctic kits died.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:52 pm

Vata Raven wrote:

He has now verified the breeder is Tiny tracks.

He originally was going to get the arctic kits mid to late June but the litter was lost shortly after birth. I think June and July is when they tend to go home but births are like late May and Early June though of course that can vary by how the season is going and the local climate.

Like with fennecs Southern Breeders are more likely to have early litters and more Norther ones are often a bit later but of course indivdual genetic play some factors too.

Return to “FOXES”