Dog Food Recalls: viewforum.php?f=67

Hello Fox Owners and Fans

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

User avatar
FoxGaia&Inali
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:32 am
Contact:

Hello Fox Owners and Fans

Postby FoxGaia&Inali » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:36 am

We love our pet foxes! See Gaia & Inali grow up and have fun! We put together this video about them and how we raise foxes https://youtu.be/HV2hq4rBRYI - Subscribe, like, comment and share, please :)
User avatar
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8053
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:38 am
Location: Utah

Re: Hello Fox Owners and Fans

Postby Ash » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:23 pm

From the photo they look great! When I get a little more time today, I'll check out the vids!

Welcome. I really like that they are both black and white. I probably would have named them Yin and Yang or something like that, lol. But it's great to have you here.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
User avatar
FoxGaia&Inali
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: Hello Fox Owners and Fans

Postby FoxGaia&Inali » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:42 pm

Thank you, we're excited to be a part of the fox community!
User avatar
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6928
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:25 pm
Location: pa
Contact:

Re: Hello Fox Owners and Fans

Postby pat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:58 am

welcome to sybil's message board.

Your foxes are beautiful. thank you for sharing. I am down to one fox now icon-sad I might get another in May, not sure yet.
my first two died of old age :icon-frown:

The one I have now, if 12 this year. but, he sure seems healthy.

you do know as a fox matures, they start to mark. mine have their own room and a doggie door that goes to their enclosure.
I do let the one I have now in the house for awhile with me. or I will go in their room or enclosure to hang out with them.

foxes do get along good with dogs. some won't with cats. my first one did not. the second two are and was fine with a cat. :shrug:

anyway, thank you again for sharing, your foxes really are beautiful.
please keep us updated in the fox forum.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
User avatar
FoxGaia&Inali
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: Hello Fox Owners and Fans

Postby FoxGaia&Inali » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:05 am

Hello -

Thank you for your reply! I'm so happy to hear from a veteran fox owner! I'm sorry to hear about your loss - it must be hard! We're new to owning foxes and Gaia and Inali are turning one year old this Spring. They have their own room and space to hang out. We have several videos of them living with us - check them out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCieQEN ... DkGEjKQuWQ. We have two dogs and two cats who they get along with very well. Sometimes, well most of the time, the foxes want to play but the cats and dogs don't - so they get a little annoyed but they all love each other! :)
User avatar
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6928
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:25 pm
Location: pa
Contact:

Re: Hello Fox Owners and Fans

Postby pat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:30 am

FoxGaia&Inali wrote:Hello -

Thank you for your reply! I'm so happy to hear from a veteran fox owner! I'm sorry to hear about your loss - it must be hard! We're new to owning foxes and Gaia and Inali are turning one year old this Spring. They have their own room and space to hang out. We have several videos of them living with us - check them out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCieQEN ... DkGEjKQuWQ. We have two dogs and two cats who they get along with very well. Sometimes, well most of the time, the foxes want to play but the cats and dogs don't - so they get a little annoyed but they all love each other! :)


I love all foxes. yours are so beautiful and look so darn happy.
one thing I would like to mention, never keep a kitten near a fox. mostly when the fox is mature. my one fox killed a couple of my kittens.
however, as the a full grown cat, the cat seems to be good at holding his own. the fox I have now, don't bother at with my my cats.
guess foxes can be like people they can have their own personality.

also, most foxes will mark as they mature. that is why is is a good idea to have an enclosure for them. I have litter pans for my fox. he does use it,
but my other two did too, but, did still mark.

they love being outdoors and also like being up high. (at least mine did and the one I have left does)he has a tower that he can climb in his enclosure. he naps at the very top.

to get better views, can you post more about your foxes here: viewforum.php?f=6
that is the fox forum.

again, thank you for the great videos of your beautiful fox. I look forward to seeing more videos of all your furry kids..

my avatar is Donnie (he is the only one I have left) he is a glazier fox. when he was a kit, he was actually blue.
I have rraised fox for about 14 years.

when I got my first fox (darryl) I bought a raccoon at the same time. it was so darn cute, cause they were bonded for life, they both were able to communicate with each other.
when my raccoon died, daryl was devasted. he cried for him for months. it was so sad. (even though I still had the other two, daryl loved larry my raccoon.

again, I love watching your videos. thank you much for sharing.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
User avatar
FoxGaia&Inali
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: Hello Fox Owners and Fans

Postby FoxGaia&Inali » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:44 am

Thank you for the great information and good tips! Yes, the kitten (now grown, but still small) does not hang out with the foxes now. She's too timid and they sense that and want to pounce on her and play too rough. So, Luna, the cat stays away. Our other male adult cat, Loki, is a Persian. He hangs out with the foxes, uses their litter box, eats their food, sleeps and plays in their spots. At times, Inali will try to wrestle with him, but Loki just bats him back and puts him in his place. It was so funny last night; Inali tried pouncing on Loki-Loki batted at him-and Inali just "punched" him back and took off. Then five minutes later, Inali was snuggled up next to Loki as best buds! :) Your fox, Donnie, is so gorgeous! Love the colors - I was debating between that type and the all white marble/silver fox - and of course, I love my little Gaia! We would love to have a raccoon too! Unfortunately, our state does not allow it! We had to do much research and get the proper authorizations to even get a fox. Gaia tends to mark more - especially when claiming a toy, treat or spot. Inali doesn't mark so much rather he gets super excited when seeing the dogs and pees puddles of joy. Needless to say, we have all hard/tile floors in our house. We've gone through two cat towers/condos for them to climb, but they tore them apart. So we need to find some of those plastic outdoor toddler play things. They also have an outdoor enclosure but haven't been in it yet because they were too young last year and we're still trying to get through a long winter. Thanks for the suggested forum - take care!
User avatar
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6928
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:25 pm
Location: pa
Contact:

Re: Hello Fox Owners and Fans

Postby pat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 am

FoxGaia&Inali wrote:Thank you for the great information and good tips! Yes, the kitten (now grown, but still small) does not hang out with the foxes now. She's too timid and they sense that and want to pounce on her and play too rough. So, Luna, the cat stays away. Our other male adult cat, Loki, is a Persian. He hangs out with the foxes, uses their litter box, eats their food, sleeps and plays in their spots. At times, Inali will try to wrestle with him, but Loki just bats him back and puts him in his place. It was so funny last night; Inali tried pouncing on Loki-Loki batted at him-and Inali just "punched" him back and took off. Then five minutes later, Inali was snuggled up next to Loki as best buds! :) Your fox, Donnie, is so gorgeous! Love the colors - I was debating between that type and the all white marble/silver fox - and of course, I love my little Gaia! We would love to have a raccoon too! Unfortunately, our state does not allow it! We had to do much research and get the proper authorizations to even get a fox. Gaia tends to mark more - especially when claiming a toy, treat or spot. Inali doesn't mark so much rather he gets super excited when seeing the dogs and pees puddles of joy. Needless to say, we have all hard/tile floors in our house. We've gone through two cat towers/condos for them to climb, but they tore them apart. So we need to find some of those plastic outdoor toddler play things. They also have an outdoor enclosure but haven't been in it yet because they were too young last year and we're still trying to get through a long winter. Thanks for the suggested forum - take care!


your set up sounds good. that is great your foxes get along with your cats. Daryl (my first fox) did not get along with cats.
Darla did and so does Donnie.

you said you have hardwood floors. I am not sure how urine will destroy that type of floor. I use to have carpets.
when my very first fox (Thelma) use to mark everywhere. Daryl did a little. I had to remove all my carpets.
I now only have tile floor. (what we don't do for our pets :lol: )


I have a care sheet, but, it needs updated. here is pictures of the foxes I had and Donnie.
http://sybilsden.com/fox/foxmain.htm

my care sheet:
http://sybilsden.com/caresheet/fox.htm
(needs updated too)

I am going to move your posts to the fox forum. you will get more reviews there.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
User avatar
FoxGaia&Inali
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: Hello Fox Owners and Fans

Postby FoxGaia&Inali » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:39 am

Great, thank you! (lol, right! We pulled out all carpet - The hardwood is actually laminate so not porous wood for absorption.)
User avatar
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8053
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:38 am
Location: Utah

Re: Hello Fox Owners and Fans

Postby Ash » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:39 pm

FoxGaia&Inali wrote:Great, thank you! (lol, right! We pulled out all carpet - The hardwood is actually laminate so not porous wood for absorption.)


Lucky, lol. Where I'm at right now there are hardwood floors, not laminate. And while it looks really pretty, it's not at all good with pets. I really want to do laminate floors or tile whenever I go to my new place.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

Return to “FOXES”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests