https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media
It is for Lucy (my beagle) she has some serious health issues.
=======================================

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747

Fable

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fable

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Growing up our elementary playground had giant tractor tires. Those might be harder to find but could be fun in a larger pen. They did pool water but you might be able to drill holes for drainage or something.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:51 pm

pat wrote:ash,

you mentioned before about ifrit and fable going under the logs. that is mostly what I was trying to figure out so
none of them would fall or the best way to stack them..

Fable doesn't go under the logs. He's too timid to stick his head in weird places, and he's too big. Ifrit is the one that does it. At first it really worried me since I thought she could get squished--so I positioned the logs so that they wouldn't hurt her if they tipped or something. She is adventurous so she'll go under and inside anything, and I can't stop her, lol.

But I'll take a picture of them. Since they are stumps, most of the stuff you see sticking up is roots or branches. The actual heavy part of the stump is on the ground, so can't fall on anybody.

In the meantime, here are some more pics of the duo:

IMG_7056.JPG
Fable being epic

IMG_7089.JPG
Never out of her sight

IMG_7071.JPG
Teaching a lesson

IMG_7096.JPG
Cute Ifrit

IMG_7062.JPG
Up high
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
amandagm

Postby amandagm » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Ash is you ever decide you want tires (like the huge kind they use to use in playgrounds) just let me know the approx. size and how many. We can save anything from regular car/truck size to the size they use on the underground mine equipment (like you could standup in the middle). I'd need a week or two to save them up and you might need a trailer if you want the huge ones. We have a sister store in SLC that might be willing to save some as well if that would be closer. We try to retread most of them but if they have any sidewall damage they are scrap. I can probably get as much as you want in a regular truck size (15" or so) but the car tires are harder to come by. We mostly do offroad equipment.
I found all my tubing (both galvanized and plastic) on ksl. People buy extra and end up selling it for cheap just to get rid of it. I do the same thing with those dog kennel panels. I can get a 12x12x6 for under $100 if I check it almost everyday. Its a lot less than buying them new.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Thank-you, Amanda! I definitely will take you up on that offer once I get the outdoor enclosures set up. :) I really appreciate that. And then maybe we could finally meet up and have a foxy playdate, lol.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:42 am

Ash wrote:Thank-you, Amanda! I definitely will take you up on that offer once I get the outdoor enclosures set up. :) I really appreciate that. And then maybe we could finally meet up and have a foxy playdate, lol.

Fable and the other foxes in the same location? I don't know if I'd be able to take so much cuteness at once :lol:
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:13 pm

Thank-you, Randomizer. ;)

IMG_7118.JPG
This is how it all begins...

IMG_7134.JPG
Chase!

IMG_7135.JPG
Fable: "You can't catch me!!"

IMG_7149.JPG
Play-bowing at each other.

IMG_7151.JPG
Fable: "I'm done, playing!"

IMG_7120.JPG
Ifrit: "Fine. I plays by myself with this ball."
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Fable and Ifrit like to argue.
IMG_7179.JPG
Quarreling

She reminds me of a little hyena here. :)
IMG_6954.JPG
Stretching

My gorgeous gal.
IMG_6987.JPG
Pretty face

I rearranged their living arrangements again. Hopefully this'll be the LAST time I have to do that before they are outside. I had to separate Ifrit from Fable and give her her own enclosure again. But this time I put her enclosure in Fable's garage so they still have contact and she can be let out each day to play with him.

She's just such a picky, prissy girl that if Fable uses her litterbox once, she refuses to use it. As a result, I had HUGE messes to clean up. Because after she started defecating wherever she wanted, Fable started to think it was okay to defecate anywhere she did. It took me 3.5 hours the other day to clean up after them... Kind of unacceptable, so I'm like FINE, lol. Ifrit, you can have your own litter box, and Fable, you know better.

I'll try to take some pictures of how it's arranged now. :)
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:17 pm

ash,

love the pictures. they are so darn cute.

my foxes argue sometimes too. no blood shed though :lol:

I always keep more litter boxes than I have animals. seems to help.

the re-arranging is actually a good idea. daryl likes it when I re-arrange.
keeps him busy for awhile to check out what was done.

couple months ago, hubby replaced the roof. in the meantime, I removed some stuff in there
and replaced it with other stuff for them. re-arranged completely different. they were locked up in their room for 2 days.
when everything was done and I opened their doggie door. they were all afraid to come at first :lol:
maybe they thought they were in the wrong pen :lol:

I'll bet you are anxious for their pen to be done. I know they will love it and so will you (less work)
3-1/2 hours to clean, geez, I don't feel so bad now when I clean their room.

I look forward to seeing how you arranged everything...
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:04 am

I simply can't get over how cute they are, so full of energy and love! :mrgreen: You said something about their enclosure being built this month or next month?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:48 am

the_randomizer wrote:I simply can't get over how cute they are, so full of energy and love! :mrgreen: You said something about their enclosure being built this month or next month?

Yes! After the backyard is graded and the fence is up. I think I may just go with altered chain link for simplicity's sake. Eventually I'd like to use a different material. I'd need to alter the chain link panels to make it escape-proof though.

My younger sister got a truck. :D I can't drive it since it's a stick, but she said that if ever I need to haul any animal stuff, just to let her know. She already helped me bring back a snake rack, and she's starting up school this week. So don't want to bug her too much! I need to learn how to drive a manual.

Now that you've actually just mentioned this, I realize how CLOSE this is all coming, lol... I should probably start chatting with Home Depot again and make sure they're still good to do it.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Did the litter issue get resolved after getting a litter box just for her?

She has such a pretty rich smoky coloration. It's really starting to come through now.

Is she affectionate or is she more of her own animal, so to speak?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Alynn wrote:Did the litter issue get resolved after getting a litter box just for her?

She has such a pretty rich smoky coloration. It's really starting to come through now.

Is she affectionate or is she more of her own animal, so to speak?

Yes, she's back to using her litter box now that Fable can't get to it, lol. :roll: She does have a gross habit of "playing" with her feces though, so sometimes they do wind up outside of the box, but they're covered in litter at that point. GROSS...

She is very affectionate, but not laid back. She loves hopping up onto peoples' laps and then rolls around, haha. Very curious about faces and likes to nip noses and pull on hair. She doesn't like it when I wear my hair in a messy bun. She makes it her goal to pull it free, lol. When they were being housed together and I went in to see them, she was the first one running over--Fable just trots slowly over at his own leisure. If you don't pay attention to her, she hops up on your back and shoulders or jumps up and down against your leg. She's very sweet. I'm hoping she doesn't grow out of it. Fingers crossed. ;)

Do you think she's a gold fox, Alynn? I've been going back and forth because some red foxes do have a very "smoky" look to them too. Her tail is quite dark though, and her face is a bit darker too. Her chest and tummy are solid white. I was going to ask Dave what he thought, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:01 am

From what I understand, gold foxes have a darker fur color, and they also have black on their throat and stomach and a darker tail.
Here's a picture of a red fox vs. a smoky/gold fox:

And a UK subspecies that the blogger calls a smoky red:
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:59 am

I really can't decide if she's red or gold. It seems she's lightened up over a week's time--not sure if changes in color can happen that fast or not. I think some light guard hairs have sprouted.

She totally looks like a classic red everywhere, except for her tail which looks to be more like a smoky/gold's tail. So this week I guess I'm leaning toward her being red with a darker tail.

I'm just curious because she'll be a breeder eventually. And I like knowing the "exacts." I guess if I threw her to a confirmed red male I'd know for sure. But I think her first breeding will be to a platinum. Maybe. We'll see.

Fable's definitely a blended silver cross. He just LOOKS it, lol. But his genetics matter less since his equipment is no longer functioning. :lol:
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:04 am

So... who do YOU think is winning? Fable has Ifrit's leg in his mouth, and she's got his head in hers. :lol:

IMG_7446.JPG
Stale-mate

This picture is of legitimate play. :) Sometimes Fable "roughs" her up when he gets irked, but this picture here is them happily tussling.

The two of them stand shoulder-to-shoulder now, but Fable is twice as big as Ifrit. She's so lithe, little, and dainty (well, in appearance at least; nothing about her is "lady-like" :lol:).

Return to “FOXES”