Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

absolute idiots!

Pachyderm family

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

BB

absolute idiots!

Postby BB » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:28 pm

Since we were discussing hunting in the controversial animal issues forum, here is an excellent example to portray the brain-dead rednecks which are running loose on our neck of the woods... :twisted:

Pig shooters actually shot a pygmy hippo, which was roaming in the flood plains!!!
There was a big cattle station called Tipperary Station up here which had a zoo with a lot of different exotics. Well, when it all folded the animals which couldn't get a home got either shot or obviously set free.
That was a while ago, can't remember exactly but it was years anyway.
So this hippo must have been doing alright in the Australian flora until this idiots went pigging and thought it was a pig.
In the news report it wasn't clear if they realized it was a hippo before or after it was dead but really?
I just went to a zoo where they had a pygmy hippo and the rear doesn't look nothing like a pig's.
This is so sad :cry:
Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Do you have an open season on brain-dead rednecks? Sounds like you need one. Im a hunter myself and can tell the difference between two different species standing side by side. NO WAY IN hell could you mistake a pygmy hippo for any species of wild boar or pigs. They should take those rednecks tie them too a tree cut them a little and let the wild animals eat them. I know that sounds harsh but Im getting tired of people getting away with stuff like this. We had a guy here shoot a fallow deer during the gun season a few years ago. Now the deer was pure white and antlers are not even close too the same style whitetails grow and the deer was much smaller in size. Not only did the idiot shoot the deer he also tagged it and tried to check it in at a check station, all because he wanted to kill a white deer. Nothing happend to him over it because the deer escaped from someones farm. I would have liked to have given this guy a swift kick in the ass and another too his family jewels.
BB

Postby BB » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:20 am

Thanks for replying, Michael. I was beginning to wonder if anybody found this story unacceptable.
I flew to Sydney the day after the news-report so I couldn't read the letters to the editor, but a week after there was another double page about this incident, and in the whole article it wasn't even mentioned that the whole saga was a terrible thing. Instead it rambled on about hunting safaris and if you want to keep and maintain a huge herd of some species one has to allow hunting to pay for the upkeep. (Well, if done properly I'm not totally against it, but it seems like the whole story about the hippo got swept under the carpet)
yep, I totally agree with you - an open season on redneck idiots should be in order.....
Lionsniper

Postby Lionsniper » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm sure they knew it was not a pig, but people with that mentality have no respect for life, I am surprised they didn't keep quiet and have it mounted. I am surrounded by rednecks in Florida with that same mentality--if they come across it, be it panther or otherwise, they will shoot it and mount it. I saw a beautiful piebald doe the other day and was told it would probably be shot just for its skin! No appreciation that piebalds and panthers are rare, they are just trigger happy idiots. Just read recently where panther body was found with its head cut off and this was down in South Florida, so they are everywhere. And to top if off, these people fear everything, so they kill what they fear.
BB

Postby BB » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Well said!
People think they are on top of the food chain, but they are not! And some of them just cannot handle that.
Another weird thing what's going on here is, since a few people got killed by saltwater crocs (mind you by swimming in places they shouldn't have been in the first place...) Now the governments' new proposal is to cull every croc in the radius of 50km around town!!! If it wouldn't be that sad it is hilarious...
I do agree, since the croc became protected the numbers increased, and crocs are not that afraid of people anymore as they were used to, but surly there are other plans around than the KILL THEM ALL! theory....

By the way, have you heard about the camels in central Australia? Same thing, instead of exporting them to the Middle East where Australian camel are sought after, they not only just shoot them, they leave them rotting away!!!!
:roll:
Lionsniper

Postby Lionsniper » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:45 pm

Hey BB, that reminds me, why doesn't Australia export their cockatoos--wouldn't that be good revenue for you guys instead of killing them as pests?

I've worked with alligators and baby nile crocs and pretty good size cuban croc--the cubans were very aggressive come mealtime--same thing with the gators, as soon as one becomes nuisance, a culling away they do--I raised 2 baby gators in my bathtub before I released them in local lake--I believe they are still there from what a fisherman told me--they were so much fun, I love the sound they make! I was told that crocs are more aggressive than gators--this would explain why there are few attacks here in Florida with so many kayakers, swimmers, etc.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:41 pm

And kangaroo culls too. Seems hunting them is like hunting over populated deer here but as was said about camels lots of people would buy roos alive but they wont allow that.
BB

Postby BB » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:09 am

Yes, it is really stupid! If they don't want live export, why don't they use the meat and leather locally?? Even if the argument would be it is not fit for human consumption, I'm sure it can be used as dog food or sold to zoos...
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Strange I could swear I put a link. NZ 60 minutes did a story on the kangaroo situation.

[url]http://www.3news.co.nz/Bloody-Harvest-/tabid/371/articleID/130448/cat/923/Default.aspx
[/url]

Return to “ELEPHANTS-RHINOS-HIPPOS”