Strangest or Silliest Animal Misnames or Typos You've Seen

games, quizzes, lists(wish lists, favorites lists, etc) and other fun things

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Juska

Re: Strangest or Silliest Animal Misnames or Typos You've Seen

Postby Juska » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:09 pm

I have had way too many people ask me or even tell me that rats and snakes are slimy. When they've never touched one and I'm literally holding one in my hand. Or ask me about the "mouse" I'm carrying (a rat), or about the "rats" in the tank clearly labeled "fancy mice". They're a LITTLE different...

And every time I see someone, usually on Facebook commenting on a photo or post of anything fox related, say: "Foxes are like a cat and a dog mixed together! I WANT A BABY FOX RIGHT NOW!", I want to scream.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Peacefulward

Re: Strangest or Silliest Animal Misnames or Typos You've Seen

Postby Peacefulward » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:54 pm

Juska wrote:And every time I see someone, usually on Facebook commenting on a photo or post of anything fox related, say: "Foxes are like a cat and a dog mixed together! I WANT A BABY FOX RIGHT NOW!", I want to scream.

Oh my god, that's the worst. I die a little inside every time I see someone who wants an exotic, but expects it to act like they want it to for its whole life. Or just people in general who impulse buy.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 1 leopard gecko, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, mink, bat eared fox, jerboa, lemur (brown or white ruffed), egyptian fruit bat.

Return to “Games and fun things”