PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

What's the MOST UNUSUAL/EXOTIC animal you've been bitten by?

games, quizzes, lists(wish lists, favorites lists, etc) and other fun things

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

FoxAdorer817

Postby FoxAdorer817 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Hmm...well, 1. I haven't been around exotics much, 2. I'm good with all the animals I've handled - so I've never really been bitten by anything unusual/exotic... but 3 of of my 43 hamsters (different times!) have bitten me, so I say hamsters. x]
Unless you count pecks - we have a turkey at the wild-life center...and I was making food for the other animals, and he pecked the food off the counter, so I had to take it back, but he kept nipping me as I was trying to do so. Haha. So I'll say turkey.
And I'll speak for my friend here too - I'd say hers is a groundhog, because we were both outside locking the cages (at the same place - we're co-workers), but one of the groundhogs got loose, and we were both standing together - but then she started running (not listening to me telling her she probably shouldn't do that...) and he ran after her and bit a chunk in her leg... I felt bad, but I found it almost amusing that the ground-hog didn't bother me at all - I even helped get him back inside a crate, to go into a safer locked cage.
...But yeah, I'm done rambling now. ^_^
Proud care-giver to a bunny, 5 Siberian dwarf hamsters, 2 chinchillas and currently a baby(chin). <3 :)
Bill G

Postby Bill G » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:34 pm

Well, not really a exotic but It was a huge (I was 6 at the time) Horse.
William Gurtner

Life in progress
illida

Re: What's the MOST UNUSUAL/EXOTIC animal you've been bitten

Postby illida » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:48 pm

dragonfly :) :bear: :eleph: :hin: :monk-cop: "monkshock: :nogif: :monk-dev: :peng: :piggy: :rhin: :kitty :nosey-gif: icon-smile icon_biggin.gif :icon-wink: :icon-frown: :lol: :mrgreen: :cool: :egeek: :red-face: :shock: :-x :twisted: :cry: icon-sad :roll: :| icon_confused.gif
I currently own three kitties Corwin(8 months), Brophy(8 months), and Talouse (10 years) :)
Elina

Postby Elina » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Flying squirrel.
Titch (one of my flying squirrels) bit me by accident, I think it freaked her out as much as it did me as she ran off and put her self in this funny kung-fu pose and kept kicking at me when I went near her all because I yelled when she bit me.
By the way squirrel bites REALLY hurt when they actually break the skin with those little blunt teeth. :twisted:
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
Juska

Postby Juska » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:22 am

I was bitten by some sort of snake when I was little, playing by the creek at my house. Don't know what it was, but I don't believe it was poisonous as I don't remember a trip to the hospital or anything. I think I was digging in the sand/mud and it bit my arm. All I remember was seeing the two holes with some blood coming from them, and I screamed "MOMMY!" :red-face:
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
amyers

Postby amyers » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:02 am

Umm cougar, bobcat, serval I guess.

OH, my husband was bitten by a jaguarundi once.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:39 am

My pet mouse. :lol:

Though, I've been urinated on by a blue-tongued skink in one of my art classes (we were studying reptiles)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:57 am

Coyote. But she was just playing a bit rough and I was purposefully getting her wound up.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:58 pm

haha The coyote was the first animal that bit me when I started working at wolf run.

Then the vervet monkey attacked me when I stood too close to his cage several weeks later.
ven12345

Postby ven12345 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:46 pm

uhhh, my sisters cat tuna fish poop (thats actually her full real name)
The destiny of One
shall not Waver like a Flag In The Wind,
do not Interfere with my Plans.

Xorran
Ven
Moonshadow
Wolf67

Postby Wolf67 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:29 am

I was bitten by a Bat once thank goodness it didn't have rabies. I hear Bats are the animal that are most likely to carry rabies too!
Foxyjadda

Postby Foxyjadda » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 pm

um...
First a dog
then... Fish
then Guniea pig
then Turtle
then snake(wild)
then My brother
My pets
4 Turtles- Toyota, Root Beer, Calester and Hummer (they are all red eared sliders)
1 Cat- Egypt (some mixed breed)
1 Dog- Precious (Pekingese/Tibetan spaniel mix)
2 Mice-Brazil and California (Fancy mouse)
More to come hopefully!
Moonfall

Postby Moonfall » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:44 pm

I've been bitten by a few different things, but I was hospitalized for a cat bite. I've also had bites from horses and snakes and a wild mouse, among other things. I -should- have been bitten by a fox, ahaha. There was a wild fox who decided she liked me (and no one else) and I spent a long time with her. She even licked my hand. I probably am not the smartest person for allowing that, but it was amazing to be so close to her. Then she got scared and left because someone else came outside and tried to approach her. Whenever she saw people she'd go sit 15 feet away or so, and then when they left come back up to me, until she decided she was done and left.

I probably should have been bitten, though.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm surprised a fox would do that. I would almost think it was somebody's pet that had either been released or had escaped.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Moonfall

Postby Moonfall » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Nope, I asked around. We were in the mountains staying in a lodge/cabin thing and I asked the owner of the cabin about her- she lived nearby (I think on the property) and was wild.

Return to “Games and fun things”