PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Your Phobias?

games, quizzes, lists(wish lists, favorites lists, etc) and other fun things

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Your Phobias?

Postby caninesrock » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:23 am

Just curious. What phobias do you guys have? I have quite a few and some of mine are wierd.

I'm scared of:
-automatic doors
-those automatic doors that spin around
-staring people straight in the eyes or having other people star me straight in the eyes
-eggs(stupid I know,but my mom says I've been freaked out at the taste of them ever since I was a baby)
-flies,specifically of flies landing in my food. I had a bad experience at a resturant where a fly made my food inedible and I had to wait for my meal to be prepared all over again while I was already starving. I've hated flies ever since. I'll try to kill one as soon as I see it.Nobody messes with my food. Normally I'm a sane,generous, sharing person,but when it comes to my food, I'm extremely territoral for some reason. I wouldn't hurt other humans over my food or other animals besides insects,but I do get really pissed off at them for wanting to take my food from me.
-misquitoes-Uggh. I hate misquitoe bites. They itch so bad.
-ants. As if ant bites aren't bad enough, apparently I'm mildy allergic to them.
-roaches for a simliar reason as my hatred and fear of flies.
-moving cars or cars with engines started unless I'm inside a car
-fear of crossing the street unless it has absolutely no traffic on it.
-fear of reincarnation,but not of afterlife in general. I don't mind the thought of a heaven. I just don't like reincarnation because I'm afriad I may have been an evil bastard in a past life or that my future life will be a really horrible one.
-spiders,mostly I like them(because they eat those dreaded flies),but if they're in my house, I fear they might be poisonus and kill them,but if they're outside, I leave them alone.
-mildly afraid of snakes. I did hold a boa constrictor once though and I had a soft spot for my high school class's pet bald python Simon, so it's not a fear of all snakes,just of poisonus ones and pythons and other constrictors that have grown large enough to kill a human.
-heights
-being trapped in large crowds
-being enclosed in small spaces
-fear of germs and things involving germs such as half-eaten food and having to touch trash cans. Interestingly, my love of animals overcomes this fear when it comes to things with germs that are related to animals such as having to clean up their waste or throw-up.
-strangers,talking to/socializing with people I don't know(in real-life). On the internet, I feel safer.
-fear of lightning,but not thunder. Thunder is just loud,but lightning can electrocute me.
-having to do labs in chemistry. I was so nervous I'd accidentally mess up the directions and burn half my face off or blow up the school by accidentally mixing the wrong chemicals or chemicals in the wrong order.
-the number 666. I'm Christian so...
-fear of others around me dieing,but not of myself dying. Fear of seeing or being around corpses of people or animals.
-ghosts
-Hell(even though I personally believe only really,really horrible people like serial killers go there),some people try to say otherwise and I'm a little scared by the thought they might be right,but I believe it's a slim chance fortunately.
-talking on the phone
-jellyfish
-sting rays
-manta rays
-sharks
-aliens(the outer space kind, like Martians),even though I really mostly don't believe in them,but if the UFOs were ever confirmed to actually be ET vechicles, I'd pee all over my pants.
-demons
-robots. Not toy ones,but the ones that have human-like intelligence.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Neofelis

Re: Your Phobias?

Postby Neofelis » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:41 am

I don't like caterpillars....
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:48 am

I can not tell you because I fear others knowing my weaknesses Image
Juska

Postby Juska » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:49 am

I believe there's a difference between a phobia and something you're just scared of. I'm afraid of balloons and heights.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
amyers

Postby amyers » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:35 am

Yay! Another balloon-phobic. I am terrible with heights too.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
Akuma223

Postby Akuma223 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:20 pm

i'm afraid of needels, parasites, clowns, zombies, large groups of people, and open spaces.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:38 pm

I have quite a few phobias, but most of those are controlled by meds. :icon-wink:

But I am super afraid of getting into my car without checking the backseat... I check about five times to make sure no one else is back there. :shock: I've heard stories, and I just can't imagine being in a situation like that!

And of course, I fear for my family and my pets to the extreme. Sometimes I wake myself up in the middle of the night to check on my snakes. :roll:
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:39 pm

grasshoppers!!
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
7Deadly$ins

Postby 7Deadly$ins » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:29 am

A phobia, medically, is different than a fear. If you had that many phobias then you would be a nervous wreck and likely unable to leave your house.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:54 am

Ash wrote:But I am super afraid of getting into my car without checking the backseat... I check about five times to make sure no one else is back there. :shock: I've heard stories, and I just can't imagine being in a situation like that!

I check when it's night. The dark creeps me out, but I love the night at the same time.

As for fears...not much. Zombies are a good one. I'd kill myself if there was a zombie invasion. I think I'm pretty chill for the most part. Sharks and open or deserted bodies of water give me the creeps. Even in WoW, the sharks and water creep me out. The idea of being buried alive bothers me also.
Neofelis

Postby Neofelis » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:57 pm

I think if you contemplate a slightly freaky idea long enough it becomes terrifying. You just give it more importance and make it scarier in your mind.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:53 pm

the_unstable wrote:I check when it's night. The dark creeps me out, but I love the night at the same time.

I'm the same way! If I don't have to, I won't step foot outside in the dark. But I love the stars. I wouldn't call it a phobia though. Just a mild fear.
Elina

Postby Elina » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:40 am

I am terrified of things that are too big, it's called Megalophopia
When I say things that are too big I mean like blue whales, why does a whale need to be that damn big?!
Tall buildings also make me shake and get horrid vertigo so the key to working in London is to never look up. (As in at the sky). Oddly enough when I saw Big Ben up close that did not make me woozy but it is actually not very big at all.
I HATE the dome in London as it has these REALLY long bits of metal that basically hold it up and once my other half made me stand at the bottom of one and look up and I collapsed.

Oddly enough if I am high up in a tall building and I look down I am fine though but that is because in a way from that perspective I too am awfully tall.

That's the main one for me. . . Also pretty much every insect in the world, even butterflies but since having Audrey I have tried being 'brave' which means if I am home I briskly walk out of the room prior to having a flid attack like one is on me. . . Shh don't tell Audrey, she actually plays with little spiders and such and I KNOW if she found out she would tease me with them :red-face: .
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:36 pm

7Deadly$ins wrote:A phobia, medically, is different than a fear. If you had that many phobias then you would be a nervous wreck and likely unable to leave your house.

Then the ones that are my phobias are these because I'm completely terrified of them:

staring people straight in the eyes or having other people star me straight in the eyes
(Sometimes I literally can't even look at people's faces when I speak to them. I stare down at the ground or at their waste or stomach or something.)

-flies,specifically of flies landing in my food. I had a bad experience at a resturant where a fly made my food inedible and I had to wait for my meal to be prepared all over again while I was already starving. I've hated flies ever since. I'll try to kill one as soon as I see it.Nobody messes with my food. Normally I'm a sane,generous, sharing person,but when it comes to my food, I'm extremely territoral for some reason. I wouldn't hurt other humans over my food or other animals besides insects,but I do get really pissed off at them for wanting to take my food from me. (I constantly guard my food. I'm too nervous to leave my food unattended and take my eyes off of it for even a few seconds to go grab a nakpin or something for fear a fly might land in my food and ruin it)

-moving cars or cars with engines started unless I'm inside a car (When leaving a store, I often freeze and wait several minutes until there are absolutely no cars moving except for as tiny specs way on the other end of the parking lot. If I'm walking to my car and I hear an engine of parked car starting near me, my heart jumps and I literally run to my car and hop in it as fast I can).

-fear of crossing the street unless it has absolutely no traffic on it. (This also related to my phobia of cars. Sometimes I'll wait forever before crossing the street because whenever I see a car, I stop in my tracks and freeze in fear,luicky never in the street yet though)

-heights

-being enclosed in small spaces (There was this thing in the Musuem of Natural Science that was supposed to simulate what it feels like being in an oil well and drilling for oil. My family thought it was neat,but I was panicking the whole time feeling like I was trapped and I couldn't wait for the ride to be over).

-fear of germs and things involving germs such as half-eaten food and having to touch trash cans. Interestingly, my love of animals overcomes this fear when it comes to things with germs that are related to animals such as having to clean up their waste or throw-up. (I'm actually on medication for OCD,but I still avoid having to touch trashcans as much as possible. If at a fast food place, I use the tray to push open the trash can and dumped the trash in so I don't actually have to touch the can. If some of my trash drops, I try to open the can by pushing it with the piece of trash I want to throw away.)

-strangers,talking to/socializing with people I don't know(in real-life). On the internet, I feel safer. (I'm also on medication for social anxiety disorder. One time I wanted to know how much the butterfly house on the musuem of Natural Science cost because my mom said we couldn't go in the butterfly house unless I found out how much it cost. I must have spent 10 minutes just standing there trying to gather up the courage to ask the lady that one simple question.)

-fear of lightning,but not thunder. Thunder is just loud,but lightning can electrocute me. (Whenever there's a storm with a lot of lightning, I get under my covers in my bed and try and take a nap until the lightning is over.)

-fear of others around me dieing,but not of myself dying. Fear of seeing or being around corpses of people or animals. (Almost everday I worry that someone I care about is going to die in some sort of tragic accident,especilaly since this year when my aunt died suddenly and tragically from some kind of unidentified lung failure.)

-ghosts (I'm pretty sure I'd probaby have a heart attack and drop dead if I saw one).

-Hell(even though I personally believe only really,really horrible people like serial killers go there),some people try to say otherwise and I'm a little scared by the thought they might be right,but I believe it's a slim chance fortunately.

-talking on the phone(It literally takes me hours to get the courage to call someone I don't know on the phone like when asking for information about college.

-aliens(the outer space kind, like Martians),even though I really mostly don't believe in them,but if the UFOs were ever confirmed to actually be ET vechicles, I'd pee all over my pants.

-demons
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Goob

Postby Goob » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:55 pm

I'm afraid I need to look at my phobias. *Peter Griffon laugh*

Disposophobic-you better believe it.
Gerascophobic
Agoraphobic-getting better at it.
And the fear of being eaten; especially whole.
Also, the fear of the government.

There's some more, but I don't feel like listing all mine.

Source: http://phobialist.com/ <-- really weird phobias there. :shock:
"Whether you think you can do it, or think you can't, you are right." --Herald Ford
LEGO is life.

Return to “Games and fun things”