PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Interesting Hybrid(I did not take these pictures!)

games, quizzes, lists(wish lists, favorites lists, etc) and other fun things

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Interesting Hybrid(I did not take these pictures!)

Postby caninesrock » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Coywolf/Eastern Coyote(Hybrid between a (western) coyote and a Aloguin Park wolf/Northern Red Wolf.

Northeastern Coyote/Novia Scotia Brush Wolf(Hybrid between a gray wolf and a western coyote)

Eastern Timber Wolf(Hybrid between Grey Wolves and Aloguin Park Wolves/Northern Red Wolves.)

Coydog(Hybrid between a coyote and a domestic dog. This one is thought to be a coyote-german shepard cross).

Dingo-Dog(Dingo and Domestic Dog)

Liger(Lion and Tiger)

Jaglion(Jaguar and Lion)

Bengal Cat(Asian Leopard cat and domestic cat)

Savanahh Cat(Serval and domestic cat)

Zeedonk(Zebra and donkey)

Grolar(Polar Bear and Brown Bear)

Wolphin(Dolphin and Orca)

Polecat x European Mink

Ferret x European Mink

Ferret x Polecat
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
the_unstable

Re: Interesting Hybrid(I did not take these pictures!)

Postby the_unstable » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:59 am

Ooooh very interesting, thanks for sharing! I had no idea that many of these hybrids existed. The orca/dolphin hybrid is very surprising!
BB

Postby BB » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:26 am

Great and sad in a way....
Interesting indeed!
macmanmatty

Postby macmanmatty » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:33 am

Neat hybrids I really like the jaglion cool color kinda like a charcoal bengal.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Whoa. Those wolf/coyote hybrids look really different. I really like the jaglion, and that dolphin/orca hybrid is just... interesting-looking.

BB--why is it sad? :(

You could post some of red/arctic fox hybrids--then again, we do already have pictures of them, so maybe a link would be best.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Elina

Postby Elina » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:40 pm

The wholphin is not a mix of dolphin and orca but a mix of dolphin and FALSE killer whale:

"The young as-yet unnamed wholphin is one-fourth false killer whale and three-fourths Atlantic bottlenose dolphin. Her slick skin is an even blend of a dolphin's light gray and the black coloring of a false killer whale."

"The False killer whale (Pseudorca crassidens) is a cetacean, and the third largest member of the oceanic dolphin family (Delphinidae)."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7508288/ns/ ... yH_xcU9XG4

I like the dingo dog. :icon-wink:
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:48 pm

My personal favorites are the eastern coyote/coywolf, liger,jaglion,bengal cat, Grolar Bear,polecat-mink cross,ferret-mink cross,and ferret-polecat cross.
I really want a coywolf,bengal cat?, pole-mink cross, ferret-mink cross, and ferret-polecat cross. The polecat-mink crosses are especially aborable.I love how much coywolves look like red wolves(the species) and I also wanted a red wolf,but red wolves are endangered and coywolves are not. Northern Red wolves,which aren't a officially recognized as their own species or subspecies that I know of, aren't endangered either though, so maybe I can get some of those.I can't find much info on Aloguin Park/Northern Red Wolves though besides this one blog about wolves written by this guy that lives in Canada so only using local terms for the wolf and coyote species rather than universal common names
or doesn't give them any specific name at all like mentioning some island wolves that live on some island off of Canada that look kind of like red wolves. I've been trying to find more info on the island "red" wolves and the Aloguin Park Wolves in Canada but I don't know they're real common or scientific names unfortunately. I managed to figured out,though,(or I believe that I figured out), that the Novia Scotia Brush Wolves he refers to are the same thing as the Northeastern coyotes I posted above.
The bengal cats have such unique beautiful patterns.

@Unstable: No problem. :) I was suprised too. But if you see Elina's post,it turns out that it's actually a false killer whale x dolphin hybrid. I just confused because I saw killer whale and thought orca. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that true killer whales are closely related to dolphins too though, so maybe a hybrid of that kind is possible

@BB: Well,some of these animals occur naturally in the wild,but I suppose even they are kind of sad because some of them came about because the less common species was persecuted and forced to choose the common species as a mate,such as the coywolves and northereastern coyotes which resulted from grey wolves being killed off and resorting to mating with coyotes when they couldn't find other mates.
Even still, the coywolves and eastern coyotes are unique in that they have actually earned a status as true subspecies of coyote even though DNA evidence has proven that the former has a large amount of northern red wolf dna in it and the later has a large about of grey wolf in it. The eastern timber wolf is even more unique because some scientist even classify it as its own species even though northern red wolf dna was found in it. Most scientists classify it as an official subspecies of gray wolf though.
Coydogs also typically occur naturally in the wild. Nobody seems to breed them in captivity(not intentionally anyway) for some reason. I'm not exactly sure why coyotes have taken to mating with dogs though as coyotes are nowhere near endangered and neither are dogs. The dingo-dog is another hybrid that occurs naturally in the wild. This guy, however, like the coydog, is also not considered his own species,but just a nuisance hybrid that's a threat to conservation. The number of pure dingoes is low and they will
often breed with domestic dogs. Ranchers and possibly other groups usually shoot the dogs because the hybrid dogs are more likely to be less weary of humans and often attack livestock more than any pure dingoes would. Part of the reason the eastern coyote, northeastern coyote, and eastern timber wolf are consider their own species, is because they usually prefer to breed among each other rather than breeding with one of their parent species, and they produce fertile offspring that typically have the same general standard appearance and
behaviors, unlike with true hybrids like coydogs, wolfdogs, and dingo-dogs, which can come in many different shapes and sizes and colors and have many different variations in behavior.

The Grolar(Polar x Grizzly Bear) has recently starting occuring naturally in the wild as a result of polar bears becoming endangered by global warming and not having enough mates of their own species to mate with.
Similiarly, polecat-mink hybrid occur as a result of mink being endangered in the wilds of european and resorting to mating with polecats.

@mac:Me too. I love black jaguars and leopards and how they still have their orange coat and spots blended into the black coat. The jaglion is really interesting,but I don't think it looks too much different from a pure black jaguar though.

@Ash:Yep. My favorite is the eastern coyote/coywolf. It's such a beautiful animal.It kind of reminds me of a red wolf,which doesn't suprise me since they have northern red wolf DNA in them.
I thought about posting them but I was afriad there was an image limit for posts and my post was getting kind of image heavy and like you said, we already have pictures of them. I'll have to look
threw the fox forums and try to find that topic again though and then I'll post them here.

@Elina:Ok. Thanks for letting me know.^^ I saw the words "killer whale" and I thought that killer whales were closely related to dolphins. The dingo-dog kind of looks like an akita a little to me.

P.S. I apologize for the wierd formatting. I typed this up on notepad and now I have to go get ready for bed for classes tomorrow so I don't really have time to fix it. Hopefully, it's not too hard to read. :/
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Cierpke

Postby Cierpke » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:08 am

Thank you for sharing! That Jaguar x Lion is BEAUTIFUL!!
Imagen That . . .
kermisracer

Postby kermisracer » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:34 am

As a photographer I wonder, of course, whether you have permission to re-post these images here; you admit you didn't take them yourself. I'd be pretty upset if someone posted my images elsewhere without first obtaining my express written consent.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:15 pm

kermisracer wrote:As a photographer I wonder, of course, whether you have permission to re-post these images here; you admit you didn't take them yourself. I'd be pretty upset if someone posted my images elsewhere without first obtaining my express written consent.

Someone's got to say it...

Welcome to the internet!

Edit: I'm not saying it is a good thing, not trying to support it, just pointing out that it is EVERYWHERE on the internet. If the internet were known for just one thing, it might as well be known for all of the copyright infringement and stolen work littered all over it. Also, I personally don't really see much of an issue considering how much it occurs already meaning that the original poster probably found these photos through google images, which were probably reposts, so it would be hard to track the original photographer anyway. Also, the original poster is not making any money by using these photos.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Most are probably from messybeast.com
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:38 pm

I just got them from google. I'm not claiming to have taken them myself and I'm not making any money off of them so I don't see the issue. Some of them are from wikipedia and other "free images" type sites anyway. And it's not like I can just go out and find all these hybrids to take pictures of them my self. Sure, I could ask for permission,but sometimes there's no contact info for the photographer or you mail for permission and they never answer back because maybe they don't get on the internet anymore. I've taken pictures myself too and I don't really care if people use them as long as they don't claim them as their own and I didn't claim these as my own.

The eastern coyote picture is from a Toronto Star article "Meet the Coywolf".

The Northeastern Coyote pictures is from the Souls RPG roleplay website where they probably took the pictures from somewhere else anyway and I'd have to try and track down the original source.

The coydog,dingo-dog,and eastern timber wolf pictures are all from wikipedia.

The ligers are from wikipedia as well.

The jaglion is from Bear Creek Sanctuary.

The Bengal Cat is from Kingsmark Farms Bengals.

The Savannah Cat is from wikipedia.

The zeedonk is from wikipedia.

The Grolar Bear is from wikipedia.

The wolphin is from wikipedia.

First polecat x european mink is from http://www.lutreola.ee

Second polecat x mink is from http://www.ferret.ru/eng

And finally, the polecat x ferret picture is from http://www.ferrethelp.co.uk

The two of the mink x ferret are from someone's blog that no longer exsists,but the pictures and the description of the blog were still on google images,but when I clicked on the link,it said "Blog Not Found" or "Error. This blog doesn't exsist" or something along those lines.

There. Is that better? I put the original sites where I got the pictures from as credit and as you can see, most of the pictures are free-use wikipedia/wikimedia pictures anyway.

the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:44 pm

I didn't see the issue in the first place. You weren't profiting and you already said you didn't take them so no biggy. It happens all the time on the internet so it's just whatever anymore.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:02 pm

I've started watermarking mine, after finding one of them posted for sale on a wallpaper website. I can see where the issue comes up. Having your images posted in more than one place without at least the artist's name posted, opens up opportunities for thieves to take them and repost them in other places, and less innocently than here.
For informational value, like this, I have no problem if credit is given, but someone else might run across this page and think "this is a free information site, I can repost these same images for sale somewhere else and not get in trouble."
amyers

Postby amyers » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Doesn't it fall under fair use if they aren't profiting off of them?
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!

Return to “Games and fun things”