PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Pics of Pets on Your Wishlist

games, quizzes, lists(wish lists, favorites lists, etc) and other fun things

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

the_randomizer

Re: Pics of Pets on Your Wishlist

Postby the_randomizer » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:12 pm

sarajeku wrote:Gotta chime in and say that's a low content (at best). It looks a lot like one of Echo's brothers. picture here

Adorable foxes and coyote pictures, especially that red fox! :mrgreen:

Okay, glad I wasn't too far off lol. I assumed it was low-content, but I didn't want my uneducated guess to fall on experts' ears :lol: But you're right, I love that red fox's pose, very adorable. <3

I think that's how foxes facepalm
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:56 pm

sarajeku wrote:OMG I just found THE frog for my wishlist!

OMG! :O That thing is stunning! A viv with those would look amazing!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:25 pm

My list was on page two. That was a long time ago but notice Bettongs were at the top :)
Woylie joeys by quollism, on Flickr

I still love all the others and as mentioned wasn't a complete list. but on my more distant than a bettong but maybe some day list slender mongooses, fox - maybe a gray, and paca.
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Ohhh boy, I wish I hadn't found this thread, this makes me think about everything that I want at some point... :lol:

I guess my wish list would start out with these guys, of course.. :)

Red Foxes:

Fennec Fox:

Arctic Fox:

Grey Fox:

Swift Fox:

Skunks:

Serval:

Caracal:

Canadian Lynx:

Kinkajou:

Coati:

Those are most of the exotics anyways. I hope to get back into training for Falconry, I'd love one of these guys (and in Florida I'd have a pretty good shot at it!):

Eastern Screech Owl (red morph):

As for domestics, I'm hoping to have a whole host of them...

Gypsy Vanners:

Clydesdale:

Black Forest Horse:

Shire (not the mini, but I'd consider a mini as well):

Jersey:

Pygmy Goats:

Some various chickens:

Ferrets:

Chinchillas:

Hedgehog:

Cockatoos (I like a couple types):

Macaws:

Eclectus:

I'm not much for cat "breeds" but I've always wanted a British Shorthair because they're so odd and cute looking:

Caucasian Shepherd

Tibetan Mastiff

Czech Vlcak

Estrella Mountain Dog

Kooikerhondje (to aid with falconry):

And of course last but not least, I'm a "pitbull" lover. This dog is actually at a shelter in Gainesville, Florida. If he is still there when I move down there this summer, I have every intention of adopting him.
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:21 pm

That's funny that bettongs were on the top, TG. You'll be getting one of your dream animals soon! That must be very exciting.

Bluebaby--I agree with some of those red fox color morphs. They're just beautiful.

My wishlist:

Red fox morphs--sapphire, champagne, arctic marble, red (soon!), colicott, platinum pearl, silver
Fennec fox
Serval
Wolf (generic)
High content wolfdog
Reticulated python
Extreme tegu
Striped hyena
Spotted hyena
Marbled polecat

Aardwolf
https://www.google.com/search?q=aardwolf&client=firefox-a&hs=Fab&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=a2j1Upi-JdKCogTzh4DADQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=642#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=nykP3uNa8tiAdM%253A%3BdNkdWhRbrv3SJM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fphotos.zoochat.com%252Flarge%252Faardwolf_rscc_sandwich_21st_august_2011_a-157939.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.zoochat.com%252F1030%252Faardwolf-rscc-sandwich-20th-august-2011-a-231893%252F%3B1600%3B1070

Bat-eared fox
https://www.google.com/search?q=aardwolf&client=firefox-a&hs=Fab&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=a2j1Upi-JdKCogTzh4DADQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=642#q=bat-eared+fox&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=QNdKKQqVpaCkyM%253A%3BftP-DN2RB4FbzM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fonca.org.uk%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F06%252Fbat-eared-fox-01.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fonca.org.uk%252Fbeastly-neighbours%252F%3B504%3B336

Ball python morphs--lightning pied, spied, black pastel pied, panda pied, white wedding, clowns! and clown combos, BEL, 8-ball, bumblebee
https://www.google.com/search?q=aardwolf&client=firefox-a&hs=Fab&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=a2j1Upi-JdKCogTzh4DADQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=642#q=panda+pied&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=ngMs2wrIXb3krM%253A%3B0nAvWfAz1Z7ZhM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmedia-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%252F736x%252Ff1%252Fae%252F84%252Ff1ae84281933bb9dbf5fd1a95446c773.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.pinterest.com%252Fpin%252F522558362984805749%252F%3B720%3B960

Eastern indigo snake
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hghjim/4059518209/
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:16 pm

They really are! I'm hoping to get a Calico for my first, but I will be happy with any color to be frank. :) I hope that Dave might have some Sapphires in the near future too, they're absolutely gorgeous.

I wish I could have snakes, my boyfriend is terrified of them. :roll: He hasn't told me no, but I wouldn't get a pet he doesn't want to be around.
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:30 pm

BlueBaby1023 wrote:They really are! I'm hoping to get a Calico for my first, but I will be happy with any color to be frank. :) I hope that Dave might have some Sapphires in the near future too, they're absolutely gorgeous.

I wish I could have snakes, my boyfriend is terrified of them. :roll: He hasn't told me no, but I wouldn't get a pet he doesn't want to be around.

Aw, you should help him get over his fear! Snakes seriously are the best pets ever. I find them a very relaxing pet. They're one of the only animals that you can actually leave at home when you take a vacation for a week, maybe even 2 weeks. Not that I recommend leaving them for weeks at a time, but hopefully you get what I'm saying. ;) I check on mine every few days to make sure temps/humidity are good, and pull them out to check on their eyes. Then if I'm ever just sitting around, I get one out and loop it over my neck, and it just sits there for the most part.

Some do stink though. I know that the indigos are very smelly.

A few more animals I thought of for the wishlist:
Binturong
Alligator
Sunbeam snake
Dragon snake
Stingrays :)
https://www.google.com/search?q=aardwolf&client=firefox-a&hs=Fab&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=a2j1Upi-JdKCogTzh4DADQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=642#q=captive+sting+ray&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=hi3snZeMSlG2bM%253A%3BXJJxeghPoVSF8M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fupload.wikimedia.org%252Fwikipedia%252Fcommons%252Fd%252Fdb%252FPelagic_stingray_fukushima.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fen.wikipedia.org%252Fwiki%252FPelagic_stingray%3B1846%3B1036
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Ash wrote:Aw, you should help him get over his fear! Snakes seriously are the best pets ever. I find them a very relaxing pet. They're one of the only animals that you can actually leave at home when you take a vacation for a week, maybe even 2 weeks. Not that I recommend leaving them for weeks at a time, but hopefully you get what I'm saying. ;) I check on mine every few days to make sure temps/humidity are good, and pull them out to check on their eyes. Then if I'm ever just sitting around, I get one out and loop it over my neck, and it just sits there for the most part.

I wish I could, I doubt he will ever be over his fear of them because he grew up going between the states and SE Asia (missionary parents) where there are plenty of venomous species. It's more of an ingrained fear for him, even if he knows the snake won't hurt him. I've convinced him its okay to hold them, but he doesn't like it one bit. :lol:
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:22 am

Ash wrote:That's funny that bettongs were on the top, TG. You'll be getting one of your dream animals soon! That must be very exciting.

Yes. I thought they were real unlikely because they were so rare. Now the only hurdle is the Government agreeing with my petition.
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:43 am

sarajeku wrote:Image
I can't find the name of the species, other than it's a type of toad rather than a dart frog? :shrug:

It seems to be Atelopus varius, at least the genus is correct, less convinced about the species. And yes it is a toad. :p
https://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&site ... pus+varius
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
Foxferi

Postby Foxferi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:09 am

So, my wish list is of animals I do plan on owning in the (hopefully) not-too-terrible-distant future. None of the pics are mine.
Attachments
image.jpg
Samoyed Dog
image.jpg
Red marble Fox
image.jpg (16.28 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
image.jpg
Regular Marble fox
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Just wanted to hop over here (for fun) and update my list and make it more concise! This is more realistic as far as my wants go; they haven't changed too much, but here they are anyway.

Probably in this order:

Ball pythons
Water monitor (black dragon), green iguana (any color), or b&w tegu (chacoan)
Burmese python (maybe)
Bat-eared foxes
Red foxes
Aardwolves
Fennecs and Pale foxes (may be impossible to get permit for them)
Gray foxes
Arctic foxes
Wolves/HC wolfdogs
Servals
Striped hyenas
Sand cats
Binturongs

Would have to start raising my own feeders really soon. Rats and cockroaches and crickets.
TexasYankee

Postby TexasYankee » Wed May 27, 2015 6:20 pm

I'm going to divide my wishlist for mammals and birds. For now I'll just post the mammals, since that's mostly what people are posting here.

Also, I'm just posting animals I think I have even a prayer of getting someday. So no bilby, solenodon, or red panda, even though I totally want those guys too.

1. Virginia opossum (Didelphis virginiana, accept no substitutes)

2. Rock hyrax (other hyraxes would acceptable but less ideal)

3. Ringtail, raccoon, or cacomistle (Ideally a raccoon would be red or blonde)

4. Nine-banded armadillo (other armadillos are OK, but I really desire Dasypus novemcinctus)

5. Dwarf mongoose, banded mongoose, meerkat, or yellow mongoose (in that order)

6. Prairie dog (this is the only animal on my list I'm likely to get in the near future)

7. Quoll (most likely from New Guinea)

8. Monito del monte (Dromiciops gliroides)

9. Malayan colugo (Galeopterus variegatus)

10. Anomaluromorpha
Springhare (Pedestes spp.)

Scaly-tailed flying squirrel (Anomalurus spp.)

Scaly-tailed flying mouse (Idiurus spp.

Cameroon scaly-tail (Zenkerella insignis)

11. Malagasy "mongooses":
Ring-tailed mongoose (Galidia elegans)

Broad-striped mongoose (Galidictis fasciata)

Narrow-striped mongoose (Mungotictis decemlineata)

12. Pika (Ochonta spp.)

13. Lesser bushbaby (Galago spp.)

14. Bandicoot (I would most like an eastern barred bandicoot and would rather have a bilby, but those are both pipe dreams. A New Guinean bandicoot like this is most likely.)

15. Pocket gopher and kangaroo rat
Pocket gopher (Geomyidae)

Kangaroo rat (Dipodomyinae)

16. Tree shrew (Scandentia)

17. Moonrat/Gymnure (Galericinae)

18. Bettong (Bettongia sp.)

I'd also really like a bat (or a group of them) but since the information on bats as pets is sparse and there's so many species with such difficult care requirements, they're not placed on my list. (Placement is partially influenced by an animal's care requirements or expected care requirements).
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed May 27, 2015 11:30 pm

I can tell you like the little critters! They're very cute. That pocket gopher, lol.

You can find bats and bat groups for sale pretty often. Actually, I'm surprised I don't really "know" someone who has one.

Lots of educators have them, and they breed like crazy.
TexasYankee

Postby TexasYankee » Thu May 28, 2015 1:00 am

Yeah, though not too small.
I like animals which can lie on my chest but with enough weight to remind me that they're there.

I'll have to keep my eyes out for bats. On one thread TamanduaGirl mentioned that people are more
hostile to bats than to other exotics, which is why it's hard to find people who are open about keeping
them. The bats I'd most like are vampire bats (they're the only species besides humans shown to display
reciprocal altruism), but I don't know how I'd feed them.

Incidentally, I meant to say "so many species with such diverse care requirements." My use of
"difficult" was likely a Freudian slip in thinking about the vampires.

Return to “Games and fun things”