PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Fantasy Dream Property

games, quizzes, lists(wish lists, favorites lists, etc) and other fun things

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Fantasy Dream Property

Postby caninesrock » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:54 pm

I just had to. If you were rich and there were know zoning, property, land, animal ownership restrictions and laws,etc. then want would the perfect property for you look like?

Mine would have a large naturalisitc gardens:

Japanese Garden

Rainforest Garden(Couldn't find any photos of actual rainforest-themed gardens so I just put actual rainforest photos. I'm not quite sure how I'd walk through them though except for maybe bridges through the whole rainforest like the kind in the first photo.)

Mini Forest Garden

Plus my own private zoo with:
American Marten

Beech Marten

European Polecat

Marbled Polecat

Stoat

Least Weasel

Fisher

Wolverine

European Mink

Ringtailed Mongoose

Narrow Striped Mongoose

Yellow Mongoose

Javan Mongoose

Ferret Badger

Small Indian Civet

Large Indian Civet

Asian Palm Civet

African Civet

Fossa

Spotted Quoll

Tasmanian Devil

Red Panda

Hognosed Badger

Coywolf

Dhole

and a whole bunch of other canines.

Oh,and plus a coati, kinkajou, and raccoon.

Also, it would be neat to have my own private arcade with an air hockey table, racing games, and fighter games like Tekken,etc. that I could invite family and friends over to play with me.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fantasy Dream Property

Postby Ash » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Here's mine!

100 acres in southern Illinois with cleared area, forests, bluffs, and streams all through it. It would be entirely fenced in with a tall wooden fence, and would also have an extra chainlink fence around it on the inside.

A huge pond with koi fish and a deck leading out to the middle.

I would plant orchards and many berry bushes. I would raise rabbits and chickens for meat.

My house would be a modest 2-story with a large garage and pole barn.

I would plant all sorts of flowers and bushes around the property, and make it like a huge garden.

And then I would have my zoo. :icon-wink:

I would have an aviary with all sorts of exotic birds.

Animals you would see there: marbled polecats, aardwolves, wolves, snakes, wolverines, african wild dogs, maned wolves, red foxes, arctic foxes, fennecs, grays, corsacs, swifts, bat-eareds, more foxes, servals, caracals, genets, muntjac, spotted hyenas, striped hyenas, brown hyenas, mink, Asian leopard cats, pallas cats, iguanas, monitors, skunks, tayras, opossums, coyotes, bushdogs, dholes, sand cats, black-footed cats, red pandas, bobcats, ringtailed cats, alligators. The list goes on.

I would have dobermans and GSDs looking for foreboding in the yard (but they would be real sweeties). They would be working dogs/pets. I would also love to have a Chinese crested dog, a sphynx cat, and some hybrid cats.

I would have a small section of the yard for my future human kids with a fence around it. There would be a trampoline, swingsets/slides, climbing trees, a picnic table, and a clubhouse.

In addition I would also like to have mobile homes on the property so that my parents could come live with me once they got old (never gonna send the folks off to a nursing home; they're stickin' with me). I would also have to have a nice area for my autistic sister to live, and an additional mobile home for visiting family members. I would need to build my dad a big geodesic dome for his telescope. He would also need his own area in the pole barn for his own projects and tools.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Moonfall

Postby Moonfall » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:24 pm

A few acres (or a lot of acres of wooded or open area, just not grass, too much water usage) with fences for horses. A small barn area, with a couple of stalls and space for hay storage and tack. A very small house, preferably log cabin style, and maybe a small chicken coop. A large run near the house for a fox (or connected to the house) and plenty of critters to love on.<3

It's pretty modest, haha. I like open spaces, wild areas, and quiet. I don't like the city. My animals are the most important thing to me so space for them is a must.
amyers

Postby amyers » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:31 pm

Having lots of acres is the biggest thing for me. If I can see neighbors, they're too close. I'd want a lot of different habitat types for each of my critters, and enclosures built to take advantage of the type of habitat for each creature. I'd love to be able to integrate the habitats into the landscape so well that you'd hardly know there were any cages there.

The house would be decent sized, but not too big, with a couple of enclosed porches for animal enclosures. I'd want the domestic cats to have an outside run, and since we're talking dream property, I'd have by squirrel monkey pair in an enclosed porch type thing that opens into "their" room. There would be enclosures close to the house for the "house exotics" like foxes and skunks.

There'd have to be a field with a barn away from the carnivores for the "grazers" as we've come to call them.

I'd want a smaller place set up where my husband's son could live if he wants to (he's 32, so I'm not kicking out a kid lol). My husband wants his "man cave" where he has his little home brewery. I wouldn't mind having a third residence in case we ever get a "farm hand" haha.

If we're talking animals to put on it, everyone's seen my lists from before, but I'd want a fleet of guard dogs. I've already got a rottie mix and a pit mix, but a GSD, a doberman, and an akita would round out a guardian pack nicely.

Yep, sounds like a lot, but if you're going to dream, dream big haha!
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:00 am

If I could have my absolute dream it would be in a small island area like they have in upper Washington in the sound. A small house, two maybe three bedroom with a large backyard opening into a pine grove. My own yard would have a small vegetable patch, with a bit of an herb garden and three outdoor enclosures. It would also have a dock on or near the property opening up to the ocean so I can have another sailboat. The house would be made of stone like the classical farm houses in ireland, with a stone wall around the inner yard. I'd own quite a bit of the pine forest.

The types of creatures would be mink in the house (and possibly tayra later on in life) along with an ornery raven. Outside would be enclosures for the binturong, badgers, and maybe an otter enclosure. The coolest part would be hidden in the pine grove, preferably a redwood grove, where in the trees there would a strange sphere room that is hidden away from the property where my studio would be that hangs in between the trees. There I'd paint and sit and enjoy myself.

The best part, and probably hardest would be I'd love an area that wouldn't be too far from a city. So that would be the best part if I could have it. 45 minutes away from the hustle and bustles, preferably by ferry, to my own little piece of paradise. But if I needed to do an exhibition or get ingredients or paint I wouldn't have to wait for the mail to make it out there. So yeah, that would be my little piece of paradise.
Current Pets: Yokai the ferret, Lumi the shepherd mix and Arel the mutt dog.

Dream pet: An European badger, Raven, Cephalopods!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:47 pm

amyers wrote:If I can see neighbors, they're too close.

Too true! And acres is the most important thing to me too.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Well I really just want some land in the pacific north west, like around here maybe but with land. A creek might be nice is I didn't have to worry about flooding the living areas for me or animals.

I'd make my house up like those cat houses, with walkways and places to climb for the anteaters plus a big area just for them where they could stay if need be and an outside area but in my mind it would be greenhouse like so could stay warm in winter or be more outside in the summer by removing panels of glass to just fencing.

If possible build at least one section around a medium/small tree. Kinda like this but a real pruned tree.
http://photos.zoochat.com/large/spider_ ... -51043.jpg
Sorry it's too big to embed I think

Maybe but would need to be enclosed in fencing like above instead http://photos.zoochat.com/large/spider_ ... -62103.jpg

Plus the bigger greenhouse or conservatory type space. With lots of climbing stuff and places for me too

I would have a similar large greenhouse area for my mongooses but divided into breeding groups or pairs and both would be attached to the house or just really large room on the house.

Here's some cat homes

The walk ways would need to be more anteater friendly though, something to grab a hold of with their tails, maybe railings on them.

On the other hand some of these are cool
http://www.impactlab.net/2011/12/26/top ... s-of-2011/

Or I'll just move in here and adapt it to suit my needs ;-)
http://www.kitchensaremonkeybusiness.co ... art-3.html

Or this one I posted a photo from earlier, It's got a stream for the anteaters already and I guess the frogs can stay too
http://mermaidlouie.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... trium.html
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Now you guys are making me feel greedy. :red-face:

Why so humble with the properties? Remember, this is a fantasy dream property. Nobody else wants something really over the top like their own private movie theater, or arcade, or gaint outdoor garden(s),or private skating rink, or whatever?
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:10 pm

Well yeah at the end there I said I'd just move into that conservatory or one like it it's nearly 200,000 square feet, ha. Would be cool as I'd have desert species in that section and rainforest ones in that section instead of it just being plants. I'd do away with useless just pretty garden sections though.

But really I just day dream about the more simple idea. Even if I did get rich I'd just want that and nice big places for the critters. I don't need a ton of space or stuff for myself. I'd have a food garden and some nut and fruit trees but I'd be happy to walk around my own wooded land.

Oh I would want a hot tub. And this would be cool because no one could accidentally drown in it this way. There a video on YT somewhere.
http://www.hiddenwaterpools.com/
Neofelis

Postby Neofelis » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:15 pm

OHHHH!!!!! I totally want that cat one! XD

Well. Fantasy, yeah? So.

I'd like a forest. Yeah, and a desert would be cool. Adjacent to a private beach and, hmm...... an ice skating rink would be cool. OH! and a concert hall, since I'm a violinist (hence my username). Otherwise....... Well, I wouldn't same no to some mountains. All full of wildlife, of course. Tame wildlife. :mrgreen:

Not looking so greedy anymore, huh CR? :lol:
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Well you could have all that with my conservatory idea. This is all inside except the white parts are outside garden and would be on another map. You would just need to add a beach room. There is a desert and jungle area/room already. I didn't check where this really is but we could place it in a forest. I'd just turn the ballroom etc into a living area maybe have it a big bigger.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:53 pm

This was the cat house I was originally thinking of because I saw it on TV a long time ago.

Edit: I guess this is the same house from the other room but I thought the link I found it on said it was a business, must have miss read.

cat person
Banned
Banned

Postby cat person » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Hey TamanduaGirl,

So, the world, has, a crazier "cat lady", then me :lol: ? I feel, so so so much better, now icon_biggin.gif .

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Well it was actually a married couple but he made it for her cats pretty much, so kinda. I couldn't find any images of it then that one popped up on FB.

I seem to remember some of "mouse holes" were shaped like cat heads too.
cat person
Banned
Banned

Postby cat person » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:26 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:Well it was actually a married couple but he made it for her cats pretty much, so kinda. I couldn't find any images of it then that one popped up on FB.

Now, do you know, how/where, she, found her husband? I really, need, to find me, a man like that :lol: .

TamanduaGirl wrote:I seem to remember some of "mouse holes" were shaped like cat heads too.

Yet again, no FB, means, I am "out of the loop". So, thank you, for posting.

Lastly, those picture's, you posted, March 5, 2012, of that cat house, are those real? I mean, I am very big into athetically pleasing, but, still having, "happy" cats. Maybe, one day, I could have a home like that, if, it was real. However, a home like that, might mean, I am single FOREVER :roll: .

Return to “Games and fun things”