PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Friday Celebration Thread

games, quizzes, lists(wish lists, favorites lists, etc) and other fun things

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Re: Friday Celebration Thread

Postby caninesrock » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:13 pm

the_unstable wrote:There's got to be some fun things to do since you're in Florida...certainly must be more fun than Iowa!

If I could drive, had a car,and the neareast large towns Orlando and Tampa weren't 2 hours away from here with no way to get to by bus(well, cheap city bus. There's the greyhound,but the prices on that are ridicoulous), then it would be fun. But trust me,if you ever come to visit Florida, don't visit Gainesville. It's middle of nowhere-ville. Alot of people here spend their time at bars and clubs drinking and stuff,but besides the fact that I'm not 21 yet, I've never been interested in partying or drinking any way. There's only one zoo and its the one I work at and I'm sure you guys know how it is about not wanting to visit your work on days off(unless you guys happen to have like really awesome dream jobs or own your own business :lol: ).

Besides visiting zoos, my idea of fun places to visit are malls. The mall here is tiny. I've pretty much seen the whole thing several times. I really only go there to eat occassionally when I have extra cash because its nice to not have to eat frozen food every now and then and the food court there has some nice food.

There's a petco here,but they only have dogs at the store that you can play with on early Saturday mornings at their adoption events. They don't let people interact with their small animals unless people plan on buying them and they are out of stock of most of their animals most of the time anyway,but it's kind of a good thing though in a way because it just proves that they don't get them from mills, otherwise they'd always have them in stock like other petshops that do, like Pet Fair, which thank God got shut down in Houston atleast after the Puppy Mill act was passed in Texas a couple of years ago to crack down on mills and BYBs(back yard breeders).

The musuem of natural science is nice,but is really small and I have already been through it several times.

They have some nice playhouses(like the acting kind, not the kiddie kind. Lol. XD),and I love to see plays,but unfortunately, I can rarely seem them because tickets are really expensive for a lower middle class person. I missed a really funny play called Sirens which made me sad. I wanted to see it with my family but they couldn't make it in town and the play was too expenisve anyway. It was like $40 per person for even the worse seats in the house.

Yep, the above things plus a couple of nature trail/center things and one amish farm pretty much some up everything entertainmentwise in Gainesville besides bars and clubs.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
amyers

Postby amyers » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:27 pm

If you think Gainesville is nowhere-ville, you should visit Panama City. We have almost none of the stuff you mentioned. A zoo and a petsmart. That's about it. Count your blessings.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:41 pm

amyers wrote:If you think Gainesville is nowhere-ville, you should visit Panama City. We have almost none of the stuff you mentioned. A zoo and a petsmart. That's about it. Count your blessings.

Well, I'm used to big cities. I grew up in New Orleans and lived in Houston so I'm kind of spoil by all the things big cities have to offer. Lol. XD
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
amyers

Postby amyers » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:22 am

I guess that's the difference. I grew up in Navarre, FL. All they've got is a beach...and I HATE the beach.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:53 am

I would love to have the option to go to the beach - that is an option I can see myself taking.

Return to “Games and fun things”