PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

WoW

games, quizzes, lists(wish lists, favorites lists, etc) and other fun things

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

foxftw

Re: Domestic foxes in peril

Postby foxftw » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:59 pm

lol it is pretty adictive. i have played for almost 7 years nonstop so i can tell you its not easy to quit but at the same time i know people way more obsessed then me.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:15 pm

It's addictive for like a month at the most for me. Then it's like...blah. I wouldn't mind checking out the MoP beta, though.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:30 pm

It sounds like something I shouldn't even look at if it's that addicting... :shock: If I get really into a game it's so hard for me to stop since I get hooked so easily. In the past I had been addicted to--of all things--Happy Aquarium on facebook... :red-face: I quit cold turkey though and I haven't returned to it for about a year. :)

WoW always sounded way fun though. I just don't have the time to do it!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TobiasAmaranth

Postby TobiasAmaranth » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:17 pm

I saw them in a stream last night, though I've been told from 'a friend' I'll be getting an e-mail soon that my account's been activated for it. I'm not going to 'hardcore' this expansion, though. I burned myself out during early Cata, and plan on taking my time with the game this time around.
Footage of two Russian Domesticated foxes, currently residing at the Austin Zoo and Animal Sanctuary.
25-clip Playlist - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2E542464FD1F2CCE
foxftw

Postby foxftw » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:59 am

even if i said i wasn't going to go hardcore i know i would just be lying to myself. especially with all the amazing new talents and the pokemon battle system and the new warlock tanking spec ill be lucky if i get out of the house anymore after it is released.
blacksagephoenix

Domestic foxes in peril

Postby blacksagephoenix » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:03 am

the_unstable wrote:I only play a month or two at a time then quit for a while. I get bored fast. I'm not playing anymore these days.

I would say I am about the same as you.

I only started playing last year and played for about three months. I got one toon to level 80 and another to about 73 I think, but I slowly started think of questing as work, alot of back and forth, and got kind of annoying, so I quit. My boyfriend quit shortly after, then Skyrim came out. I never played that but watched my boyfriend play it. It gave me an itch to play WoW again. But I resisted. Now, he plays the Star Wars MMO and keeps trying to convince me to start up. If I didn't have to spend $60 on the game AND $15 a month, I probably would play, but I know I won't like it as much as WoW, and then end up activating my account. Lol. But I know that won't last more than a month or two.
*~*~*~*~* Chell *~*~*~*~*

Mother of one daughter, one dog, two cats, one fennec fox, three hedgehogs, two short tailed opossums, three sugar gliders, three velveteen rabbits, one bearded dragon, one tortoise, twelve ball pythons, and several rats.
blacksagephoenix

Postby blacksagephoenix » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:03 am

I'm sure its a bad idea to post this, but I decided to check out Perfect World International and am in the process of dowloading it. lol...

the_unstable, is this the character you were talking about.. http://pwi.perfectworld.com/gameinfo/class/venomancer? I'm looking at the stats on them all now, and this one seems like the one I would enjoy, although that stats kinda suck. lol

Mother of one daughter, one dog, two cats, one fennec fox, three hedgehogs, two short tailed opossums, three sugar gliders, three velveteen rabbits, one bearded dragon, one tortoise, twelve ball pythons, and several rats.
Talys

Postby Talys » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:58 am

Bah! It's too enticing...time to go re-download it lol xD
~Oreo and Snickerdoodle (cats) & Smaug and Istari (Betta splendens)~
Elina

Postby Elina » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:06 pm

I have been quit for 2 years, work, foxes and an 8 yr old really do take it out of a girl.

My sister works for Blizzard ent Europe as her 'normal' day job so she is always trying to get me to come back. . . All this talk of foxes is tempting. . .

What the heck is up with the pandas?! Are any of you making Panda's? I had a quick look and the females look a little like dwarfs in fur suits :lol: .

Blacksagephoenix, is it the Starwars game that was released last year your BF plays? My better half did the alpha testing for that, I thought it was totally dire from what I saw but I am not into Starwars at all.

Now I pretty much just play Battlefield when I am peeved after work :icon-wink: .
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Ah yes Blacksagephoenix, that's the one. I was thinking that Barbarians were like the same "class" but I guess they're something different. I found the Barbarian a bit easier to play than the Veno but I didn't play very long. It does sound fun...the game is very pretty in my opinion. The character customization is fairly specific and in depth, especially compared to WoW's.

Elina - I am not a big fan of the Pandas myself. I always thought it was goofy. I'd probably try one out if I were playing WoW, though.
foxftw

Postby foxftw » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:26 pm

my brother was a GM at blizzard for about a year too and it sounded like a pretty awesome job. anyways yes im definitely going to make a pandaran monk to play. they have been in the game since warcraft 3 so its nothing new but they are just now becoming playable. plus im a big kung fu panda fan so there is that too.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Well, since this has gotten way of topic already, I might as well chime in with my opinion as well. I totally second Perfect World. It's completely and totally free. Plus, you can tame monsters(some of which are canine like), turn into foxes if you play a certain race once you reach a certain level, and you can walk around as wierd anthro animals. I used to have an account. My character was an anthro wolf thing named Jaromir or maybe it was Jaromir105 because Jaromir might have already been taken and I also had one of the fox-girl characters,but I hadn't made it to level 10 yet. I managed to tame a few monsters. They're actually pretty easy to tame. Sadly, most of the really awesome canine monsters are at very high levels for taming. You basically have to fight them to tame them and they'll kill you real fast if you're not close in level to them. And they had some cool canine mounts,but you had to spend ALOT of time collecting coins from killing monsters to get them or else just pay real money for them with a game card or credit card. Now, you guys are making me want to play this again... :lol:

As for WoW, I've never played it because although some parts sound interesting, I can't justify wasting $60 a month on a computer game. Now, if it was a one time charge of $60, then maybe, as I'll sometimes save up for Wii games that are around that price.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
blacksagephoenix

Domestic foxes in peril

Postby blacksagephoenix » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:03 pm

With WoW, it costs about $100 for all the expansions, and then $15 a month.

caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:07 am

blacksagephoenix wrote:With WoW, it costs about $100 for all the expansions, and then $15 a month.

Still, $100 for one game plus $15 a month? :shock: I think I'll pass. Even new video games for Wii, Playstation,etc. don't cost me that much, $60ish at the most and I only have to pay that once,not any extra fees per month. Sorry guys. For now, I'm sticking with Perfect World becasue it's free and seems to be more animal-themed than WoW and also better for less serious MMOers like myself. I heard that on Wow, some people get pretty serious on there and there are some quests where you have to team up with people to beat them and I'm more of a lone player when I play MMOs. I could care less about the other players aspects. It's the quests, and creatures, and battles, and fanatsy elements that draw me in.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
foxftw

Postby foxftw » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:24 am

its true it is only 15 dollars per month or even less if you buy game time in bulk plus they have alot of deals to get all the games and xpacks really cheap now. if you had the game in the past you can use scroll of resurrection to get upgraded to the current xpack free plus lots of other free perks. also you said about the quests where you need more then one person but they got rid of all those. you can do all the quests by yourself now and the only thing you need to group for is raids and dungeons. your completely right about some people being real serious about it though. i have been some what serious about it for awhile now (though not as serious as some people i have seen) but that's why they have all the content for the more serious people and then the easier content for the casual people. i agree that i love the lore and the fantasy and combat and creatures and i take in all of that but after i Finnish all that i would get bored of it like everyone here says they did with the various other games they play. instead i have alot of friends i got to know in game that i play other things with and got to know in lots of other ways and we all work together on bigger stuff and that just makes it so much more fun and makes the game more long lasting. so i guess what im saying is that its not the game its the people i play with that makes it fun.

Return to “Games and fun things”