ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

WoW

games, quizzes, lists(wish lists, favorites lists, etc) and other fun things

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

the_unstable

Re: Domestic foxes in peril

Postby the_unstable » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:58 am

There are many serious WoW players, I won't argue with that. However, with Cata's release or recent patches, they changed a lot of the group quests to be solo quests since there aren't as many players leveling nowadays (since leveling takes less time with heirlooms that give XP bonuses and amount of XP required for levels has been lowered; there are also not as many new players). I think WoW is overall a much better game than PWI, though PWI might have changed and improved since I last played. The overall quality of content and amount of content of WoW is better. There was something about PWI that always felt...cheap to me. I don't know how else to describe it.

Like Foxftw mentioned, only raids and dungeons (and a few group quests here and there, though quite uncommon and not required) require groups and there is a tool that groups you with random players if you want to use it.
blacksagephoenix

Domestic foxes in peril

Postby blacksagephoenix » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:24 am

Well I can understand the monthly cost. People are working on the game constantly, always changing things, adding elements, coming out with Patches. I can see why it has a monthly cost, unlike video games that are completed, no patches, pay once because that is all you will get. Now what I wish they would do, is take away the cost of the game itself, and charge, say, $20 a month. That would get them more customers because you aren't wasting $100 to see if you like it, so more people could try it out and quit if they want. They would get more people that might quit, but statistically, that would make them more money.

Well, looks like I learned something while getting my business degree after all. Lol
*~*~*~*~* Chell *~*~*~*~*

Mother of one daughter, one dog, two cats, one fennec fox, three hedgehogs, two short tailed opossums, three sugar gliders, three velveteen rabbits, one bearded dragon, one tortoise, twelve ball pythons, and several rats.
haira32

Postby haira32 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:39 am

I can't believe so many of us are on WoW! Lol! I love playing Horde all the way and I've been totally bummed since I moved in January because my internet won't play online games so I'm stuck with plain old Warcraft... My boyfriend named a toon Po already to race change so he can be kung fu Panda...
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:57 am

Well I just noticed that they loaded a link to World of Warcraft on my newish computer(it's few months old now) and I clicked the icon and it sends me to a download page that says the first 20 levels are free so maybe guys...but I have a feeling I might not like it much since it doesn't seem to include any of the expansions you guys were talking about,but seems to rather be just the basic game.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
blacksagephoenix

Domestic foxes in peril

Postby blacksagephoenix » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:11 am

Well you can always try out the first 20 levels and see if you like it. PWI is annoying me already. It's not as user friendly as WoW. It doesn't really explain much. The quests tell you want to get, but doesn't tell you were to get it. For example, if I need to acquire meat, it just tells me to get the meat. It doesn't say what animals might drop it, or who I can buy it from, like WoW does. Also, I don't like how it is setup and I can't figure out how to change the settings, that should be able to be changed. I think I'm going back to WoW.

Mother of one daughter, one dog, two cats, one fennec fox, three hedgehogs, two short tailed opossums, three sugar gliders, three velveteen rabbits, one bearded dragon, one tortoise, twelve ball pythons, and several rats.
haira32

Postby haira32 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:43 am

Actually they now include the first expansion Burning Crusade in with the original game, including the trial.
foxftw

Postby foxftw » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:26 pm

thats right the first xpack is included with the free trial. you can play as long as you want and level as many different characters as you want but they can only get to level 20. im a little blown away that one person made an off hand remark about wow and it blew up into this conversation where 90% of the forums play it.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Yeah the first 20 levels are free now, but it is somewhat restricted (like you can't invite other players to groups, but they can invite you as well as some chat restrictions). Like others have said, the Burning Crusade expansion is now free as well so that takes you from 60-70 and opens up all BC content including the BC races (Draenei and Blood Elves). Base game is levels 1-60. The game world is very large.

Agreeing with Blacksagephoenix - PWI is not as user friendly as WoW. The world is very monotonous as well - that's one flaw I noticed very shortly in the game. There is just something about WoW that is just really great and really well done that no other MMO I've played can compare to. On top of that, it has soooo much content and such a large player base that any new games coming onto the market will have a very hard time competing with it. Rift was said to be a WoW killer but I've heard that is very much not true.

The $15 a month can sound like a lot but the gameplay quality is very high, excellent customer support, etc. There are very few bugs in the game that you will encounter.
foxftw

Re: WoW

Postby foxftw » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:38 pm

yes they said rift was going to be the wow killer now barely anyone plays it.they also said star wars the old republic would be the wow killer and all the people i know that left for it have already came back. before that they said war hammer was going to kill wow cause everyone would leave for that game but i think that is practically dead now. i recall all kinds of talk even before that about how wow would die once age of conan came out but who even remembers that game? blizzard isn't known for making the most creative or innovative games but they are known to make the most polished games you'll ever see. the 15 dollars a month (or less if you buy game time in bulk like i do) is well worth the amount of game play i get since they are almost constantly adding new things and polishing other things and improving it here and there. i go out and play other mmos when i get alittle tired but everything just feels so cheap and poorly made after being spoiled by wow. so while i still play lots of other games for now nothing could replace wow as the main one i play.
blacksagephoenix

WoW

Postby blacksagephoenix » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:49 pm

We have been moved!!! lol

So since I decided I didn't like PWI, I decided I wanted to go back to WoW. Well, I told my boyfriend I wanted to start on WoW again, and he was like "why don't you try SW:TOR with me first?" so I decided I would make a character on his account to see if I like it before buying another account. In the mist of all this discussion (not even two hours ago), we ran into a problem. His laptop is out of commission atthe moment, my laptop isnt anywhere near gaming quality, and he hogs our desktop with his games. Lol. So guess where we are? I am sitting out in the parking lot of Best Buy, waiting in the car, while he is picking up my new custom desktop. :) This is how we got our other desktop. He needed it for his gaming, and since he won't share (well, he will, but not enough!) he is buying me my own!! Oh, the things he will do to play his game, because, really, this is so he can play on his game whenever without me prying him off. Haha! I love him and his crazy self.

foxftw

Postby foxftw » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:28 am

oh man if any one is planing to start up again let me send you a scroll of Resurrection! here is a quote from blizzard about what you get for the scroll.

"The Scroll of Resurrection provides your returning friends with an upgrade to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, seven days of free play time, and special character rewards for one of their characters. The character rewards are designed so that the two of you can play together as soon as possible, and include a boost to level 80 if your friend's chosen character is below 80, a free realm transfer if their character is on a different realm than yours, and a free faction change if their character is a different faction than yours. Please note: Your returning friend can only apply all of these benefits to one character.

As a reward for inviting your friend back to the game, we are offering a free Spectral Gryphon for Alliance characters or a Spectral Wind Rider for Horde characters, which you’ll receive once your resurrected friend purchases at least 30 days of game time. You’ll find your beautifully translucent reward mount(s) waiting for you in the Battle.net Account Management site, under “Referrals & Rewards -- History/Status.”

so to anyone planing to start back up let me send you a scroll or at the very least let some one you know that still plays send you one.
blacksagephoenix

WoW

Postby blacksagephoenix » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:49 am

Well I will probably end up in WoW again, but I am liking the star wars one at the moment. It is set up relatively the same as WoW, but with a Star Wars theme, which I'm addicted to. I chose to be on Republic alliance as a Jedi, but I'm running my character towards the dark side. Muahahahaha!!! lol

blacksagephoenix

WoW

Postby blacksagephoenix » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:50 am

PS my boyfriend said I am gonna end up as Mrs Vadar. Haha

foxftw

Postby foxftw » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:00 am

yeah from everything i have hears star wars is just wow with light sabers as far as the combat and everything goes. the major differences is that it actually makes you think more about your role playing and what your character would do and stuff which sounds fun.
blacksagephoenix

WoW

Postby blacksagephoenix » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:26 am

Yeah, that is a good description of the basis to the game. I do like it. It's kinda like an interactive movie, where you choose what path to take and that effects your individual storyline.

Return to “Games and fun things”