Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Help getting a pet racoon

Exotic legal issues, bans, laws, regulations, Animal Rights discussions etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Kaiser

Help getting a pet racoon

Postby Kaiser » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:19 am

Hello, my name is Tom. I couldnt find another post about this so i apologize if there is one. Ive always wanted to own a racoon and am getting close to being able to conceive of it. (Knowing the process is probably rediculous) but i imagine i need 2 years experience to get one in Pa and am wondering if anyone knows how i could. Open to any ideas dogs and cats arnt my thing. Thank you
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help getting a pet racoon

Postby pat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:45 am

first and most important, is to make 100% sure you completely understand a raccoons behavior and how to handle them.

I am from PA, for raccoons all you need is a bill of sale if bought within PA from a propagation permit owner.. If you want to get a propagation
permit, it allows you to buy out of PA also. they are much easier to get than the exotic permit.
However, you must meet PGC standards prior to getting a raccoon. you have to have a approved enclosure for it.
the pgc will then come and expect it. once approved, you can get a raccoon.

it is always best to call PGC in harriisburg, ask for the permits department to make sure nothing has changed.

I will tell you ahead of time, if you get a raccoon that is not legal, and they find out, they will take it and kill it.
what part of PA are you from? western, eastern? I might be able to help you out if need be.

as far as I know, there are not many breeders in PA. there is some that are brokers, and one that you really should not trust.
PM me, if you want more info on breeders.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
rubyegayle

Postby rubyegayle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:27 am

Hi my name is Gayle.i Ilive in MS. It is not legal to possess native or fur bearing animals.However we found about a 3 week old raccoon kit in our yard fell out of his den in old hollow tree, mom asleep.we tried to give h back to his mom but we were always close by watching for ferral cats.in looking back I could have reunited him with his mother so we decide to keep him (yes we were aware of the high maintenance and legal problems with doing so 1 1/2 years later he own us we're living in HIS big den just warning if your not informed ,&10
0% committed to a 15-18 year commitment do not get a raccoon. Spencer was harder to raise than human children.+ It is hard to find a vet
rubyegayle

Postby rubyegayle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:32 am

Plus I called MS Dept of Wildlife, Fisheries and parks legal Dept. I was told more or less if I wanted to keep Spencer just say he can come and go as he wishes...........then could be argued I'm not in possession.

Return to “Laws & LEGAL ISSUES”