PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Czech Republic

Exotic legal issues, bans, laws, regulations, Animal Rights discussions etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Onyx

Czech Republic

Postby Onyx » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:53 pm

So I was looking around for information on exotics in the Czech Republic and I came across this site. I have been checking up on it every once in a while for a few months.

I've seen mambas, cobras, vipers, large snakes, crocodilians, corvids, porcupines, skunks, marmots, wallabies, a giant cloud rat, bats, civets, genets, foxes, monkeys, ring-tailed lemurs, deer, lions, cougars, caracals, servals, tigers, ocelots, mongoose, capybaras, among other things. Sorry wolf lovers, I don't remember seeing any wolves. Doesn't meant it isn't possible though. I don't know the exact laws. I have seen quite a variety of animals available though, so it seems pretty great! Well, sorta. I don't really like seeing so many large cats and venomous reptiles for sale, I hope there is some sort of licensing required, but it gives me an idea of what's available over there. I have not been checking who has been selling them that much though. Some may be zoological facilities. If you want to look around the site yourself, note that "prodám" is for sale and "koupím" is looking to buy. Some people ask for animals that likely won't be available.

Anyway, something is confusing me. I have seen and still see plenty of raccoons and coatis for sale on that website. I thought they were banned in the EU? And if anyone is able to give me some info on the laws over there, I'd appreciate it!
    Owner of a ball python, leopard gecko, two betta fish, and two cats.

Dream Pets: Caracal, rusty-spotted genet, gray smooth hound shark, black tree
    monitor, dragon moray, doberman, Yakut laika, and Brazilian black tarantula.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Czech Republic

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:38 am

The Eu passed a ban but some countries are implementing it later than others. I don't know if that's the case here but I had looked into it for Portugal and asked someone I knew there and she explained that.
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:32 am

Has the EU made a continent wide ban? On what? Ireland has no ban at all, that I can see. The UK allows everything with a DWA, and they're still technically in the EU.
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Yes https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... 180960008/
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ed-from-uk

Portugal isn't enacting their ban till 2021 but those who have or get them now need to register with the government.
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:29 pm

>siberian chipmunks and coatis are on the ban list
Attachments
OUT.jpg
Bora Kalem
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:22 pm

Nìmwey wrote: Ireland has no ban at all, that I can see.

I'm FB friends with a woman in Ireland, and according to what she's told me, anyone currently in possession of raccoons can keep them, but they must be spayed/neutered, and after Dec 31 of this year, breeding, sales or purchases of raccoons are no longer legal.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Onyx

Postby Onyx » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:14 pm

Welp... that sucks. I was hoping that there was some exceptions, but apparently not. They only list the South American coati, and not the white-nosed, but I'm sure that'll change. I foresee skunks being added, too.

Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:25 pm

Onyx, have you seen that private individuals for sure can keep large carnivores?
Or do you need something like a USDA permit, or zoo permit?

I'm planning on moving to Ireland but keeping my options open, and I want to have the chance to keep wolves, striped hyenas and African wild dogs.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:03 pm

OMG DID I SEE DINGOES ON THAT PAGE? *_*
I don't know if all those ads are legit, but I saw at least two ads with dingoes.
I thought they would be almost impossible to find outside of Australia.
Onyx

Postby Onyx » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Nìmwey wrote:Onyx, have you seen that private individuals for sure can keep large carnivores?
Or do you need something like a USDA permit, or zoo permit?

I'm planning on moving to Ireland but keeping my options open, and I want to have the chance to keep wolves, striped hyenas and African wild dogs.

I'm not really sure about wolves, hyenas, etc, but on another post I made (here) someone mentioned that the Czech Republic is extremely lenient on exotic cats, including the large ones. I've only seen exotic cats, no wolves, bears, hyenas, etc, but I haven't really been checking it recently. If you can have a lion or tiger I'm sure there's a good chance you can have those as well, but I can't certain.

Return to “Laws & LEGAL ISSUES”