PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Texas and furbearers

Exotic legal issues, bans, laws, regulations, Animal Rights discussions etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Texas and furbearers

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Don't remember exactly but it was longer ago than that. I really don't know how it is being interpreted for possums.

Even though both names are unofficial generally opossum is accepted to mean any new world opossum while possum refers to the Australian type. Though in reality a lot of us call them all possums cuz we're lazy like that. So maybe Sands was kind of skirting the law by using 'possum instead of opossum but it's possible they never cared about that like they did foxes.

I had heard some rumors that they had planned to reinterpret this year to foxes meaning only native again but never saw any proof of it. Even if an official did say so it would be a dangerous "game" as without something in writing they can continue to change their mind on interpretation as the wind blows.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:26 pm

I think a lawsuit would be viable in this case and could protect owners. That being said if someone pushed hard it might make them crack down harder on legislation. But I would like to see their definitions clarified at least since it is so open to their interpretation.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TexasYankee

Postby TexasYankee » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:44 pm

What do you mean "crack down harder on legislation"? Do you mean pass new legislation banning all foxes and opossums? I'm inclined to doubt it. If Texas hasn't banned bats out of rabies concerns, they're not going to ban fennecs and STOs.

Return to “Laws & LEGAL ISSUES”