PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Oklahoma licensing

Exotic legal issues, bans, laws, regulations, Animal Rights discussions etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

prmorgan

Oklahoma licensing

Postby prmorgan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:29 am

Hello, newbie to message boards but trying as I just stumbled upon this site bare with me if I make a mistake. icon-smile
Is anyone here from Oklahoma and received a license for rehab and release of animals such as possums, cottontails, raccoons.....?
Or been licensed to keep such animals as a pet after already raising it?
Vata Raven

Re: Oklahoma licensing

Postby Vata Raven » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:36 am

Best place to look first is your state's wildlife commission and go from there. Search for "Possession of Wildlife" will point you in the right direction.

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/
prmorgan

Postby prmorgan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:41 am

Yes, I know the Oklahoma law on it. You have to be licensed. Just hoping to find someone here, from Oklahoma, that has already been licensed and what process they went through to receive that license?
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:50 am

Just call the office, they'll answer your questions.
Minty

Postby Minty » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Looks like this is the license you'd need to keep the wildlife as pets, but calling the office for specific questions is always a good idea.
Oklahoma Noncommercial Breeder License Form
edit- Oops didn't see this topic was about a month old, well I hope this is helpful for anyone who stumbles across it then
prmorgan

Postby prmorgan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:49 pm

Anyone? Been through the licensing process?
prmorgan

Postby prmorgan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Sorry....anyone been through the Oklahoma license to rehab and release process??
I have rehabilitated several newborn cotton tails over the years in Oklahoma but I don't have a license to do it legally. I've been informed recently I legally have to have a license to rehab and release. Legally, when neighbors and family bring me naked, eyes closed baby bunnies I'm supposed to drive them several hours away to a licensed rehab or let them just die. But I'm VERY successful at rehabilitating them and I can't do that drive multiple times a breading season. I release in safe (safe as can be for a prey animal) areas when they are old enough to be on their own.
Lara

Postby Lara » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:50 pm

prmorgan wrote:Sorry....anyone been through the Oklahoma license to rehab and release process??
I have rehabilitated several newborn cotton tails over the years in Oklahoma but I don't have a license to do it legally. I've been informed recently I legally have to have a license to rehab and release. Legally, when neighbors and family bring me naked, eyes closed baby bunnies I'm supposed to drive them several hours away to a licensed rehab or let them just die. But I'm VERY successful at rehabilitating them and I can't do that drive multiple times a breading season. I release in safe (safe as can be for a prey animal) areas when they are old enough to be on their own.

I'm no help when it comes to the license, but I was wondering, what formula do you use for kits? I don't think I've ever seen any rabbit formulas, and most people just recommend kitten, which has never worked for me.

Return to “Laws & LEGAL ISSUES”