PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Making Foxes Legal In California

Exotic legal issues, bans, laws, regulations, Animal Rights discussions etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Arctic Fox Lover

Making Foxes Legal In California

Postby Arctic Fox Lover » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Yes, i made the thread about planning to get the fox, and also yes, it is not legal where i am moving to. That's why i want to start a petition to get Arctic, Fennec, and Red foxes legal in California.I will most likely have a large enough youtube channel to have enough signature on the petition, (not to mention all the friends and family of the subscribers) i just don't know how many i need, before it's almost guaranteed that the law will be changed. I also don't know who to send it to, or how to word the petition. Could you guys possibly help me with the stuff above???
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Making Foxes Legal In California

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Good luck ferret owners have been trying for decades with not only huge petitions but bills that have made it all the way to the governors desk and still not legal and they have a rabies vaccine and no history of being invasive(CA supposed reason for banning everything).
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Your best option would be to contact your senator and try and get him on board. That way the law could actually go on the floor and be reviewed. A petition for signatures is always a good idea too since it shows more people are wanting these things. If you are able to get the chance to speak to a senator about it, you'll want to have facts and data already prepared to make your case better.

Sadly it seems there are lots more bans popping up than there are law changes for the better. :/ It can be very discouraging.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:56 am

When you make the petition, post it here so we can all share and sign.

Chances are slim but you never know. I'm trying to legalize foxes in NC and will be contacting the Fish & Wildlife services of my state soon (for the third time, for the third year).
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TurkRoach

Postby TurkRoach » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:12 pm

You know, California just made a law that forces pet shops to only sell 2nd hand/"rescue" dogs right. What makes you think that Commiefornia will legalize any exotic mammal?
Bora Kalem
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:23 pm

Yeah I would normally try and be supportive of someone trying to change the law in their area but there is literally zero chance foxes will be made legal in CA. You are better off putting your energy into moving somewhere else or trying to get the permit to have one, but you will need two years experience to apply for a permit in CA, then you need USDA as well as the state permit and are not allowed to call it a pet and have to do educational shows with it.
Arctic Fox Lover

Postby Arctic Fox Lover » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:59 pm

It's always been my dream to have a pet fox, but I've already made plans to move, picked out a place and everything, i just don't know what to do...
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:39 pm

I'm assuming you're younger. You don't have to stay in CA forever. Maybe someday you can move to another state and get a fox then. There will be foxes being bred then and legal in other states.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Arctic Fox Lover

Postby Arctic Fox Lover » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:49 pm

I really don't want to live anywhere else though...
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Even if you could move out of CA, I still think it's a good idea to fight to try and legalize fox ownership. Everyone needs to start standing up and fighting, not just moving to states where the animals they want are legal. Eventually, we will run out of safe haven states.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).

Return to “Laws & LEGAL ISSUES”