PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Circus ban in Ireland

Exotic legal issues, bans, laws, regulations, Animal Rights discussions etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

naja-naja

Circus ban in Ireland

Postby naja-naja » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Ireland has announced that from January 2018, 'wild animals' may no longer be used in circuses. The tigers and elephants kept by circuses over the last few years had already moved to other facilities, I think there are only camels left kept by one company, who may be able to keep them as a domestic species. It's particularly disappointing for me as my local county council successfully voted down a similar measure a few months ago, turns out that it was for nothing.
This was not a new law voted on by the Dail (our parliament) it was decided upon by the minister for the environment, covered by existing laws. I don't think that it will be fought in court, though I wish it were.
1.4 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.2 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu
Nìmwey

Re: Circus ban in Ireland

Postby Nìmwey » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:20 am

That's not good. What is this big circus ban having all over the place lately? I just hear over the past few months, more and more countries banning circuses with animals. And Jesus, camels aren't wild! They're just "exotic", but just as domestic as horses or cattle.

I'm moving to Ireland in the not so remote future and intend to stay there, one reason being the lax laws on exotics. But I'm afraid that could change any moment, since Ireland seems to be looking more to the rest of the west and wants to go über-leftist, which includes being animal rights and anti-animal welfare.
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Circus ban in Ireland

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:48 pm

The people making the laws buy into the AR hype that you can't train an animal to do anything without abuse. They don't go to the shows and they have no animal experience themselves, except maybe some domestics, so don't know and take the word of the "experts" who actually aren't. It also seems human nature to automatically assume the bad story is the real one. So tales of abuse is more likely to be believed than the trainers saying they don't.

Return to “Laws & LEGAL ISSUES”