PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

"Best" state?

Exotic legal issues, bans, laws, regulations, Animal Rights discussions etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Farmer10mm

"Best" state?

Postby Farmer10mm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:26 pm

What state has the least legislation against private ownership or has a usda exemption clause for exotics mainly big cats and crocidilians? I was considering texas but they have stricter laws then I thought.
Thanks icon-smile
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Best" state?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:30 pm

Missouri is pretty good you just have to register big cats, not get a permit or anything like that but the county and cities may require more.

Native foxes do need a permit and can't be kept in the house but exotic foxes don't require anything.

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=9100
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:07 pm

NC has pretty good laws, although all native wildlife (red foxes, skunks, raccoons, etc) are illegal to have without a USDA license. All cervids are also illegal to own here. Other than that, it depends on the county and city.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:43 pm

Oh I see you said USDA exemption is okay. Oregon is good then. Wild canines, felines, primates and crocidilians are banned but USDA exempts you from the ban.

Otherwise other exotic stuff falls to the invasive(prohibited)/allowed list and if not listed is treated as prohibited. But they do give prohibited species permits too they just are kinda hard to get as they need escape proof facilities etc but not impossible.

No raccoons or skunks any more though but you can still get foxes with USDA.

So is far from the best state but if you don't mind USDA it's pretty good.
naja-naja

Postby naja-naja » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:32 pm

I believe Florida may be good option if you are usda with big cats. It has more tigers than the state of texas for one thing. Also, it's climate is great for keeping crocs outside.
1.4 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.2 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu

Return to “Laws & LEGAL ISSUES”