PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Deffinition of Emotional Support Animals will be changed

Exotic legal issues, bans, laws, regulations, Animal Rights discussions etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Deffinition of Emotional Support Animals will be changed

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:24 pm

The Transportation Department hosted seven months of negotiations in 2016 [...] the panel of airline and advocacy experts was unable to reach a consensus on narrowing the definition of what qualifies as a comfort animal.

The department set a goal of proposing a regulation by July 2017, but missed that deadline and now expects to begin collecting comment about the definition in July.
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1046380001

Article is about Delta changing their own rules anyway but the excerpt above shows they are working on restricting what is an Emotional Support Animal. Thanks to all of those who have been abusing this as a "loophole".
Neofelis

Re: Deffinition of Emotional Support Animals will be changed

Postby Neofelis » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Oh that's terrible... Please keep us informed if you hear any more updates!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:40 pm

I seen on TV where some woman tried bringing her peacock and claimed it was a her support animal.
of course they refused. she said, she would even pay for an extra seat for the peacock. again, she was denied.

I personally think too many people are using that for an excuse, so maybe most airlines put a stop to it all :shrug:
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
naja-naja

Postby naja-naja » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:06 am

I see so many people trying to get around primate bans by getting their pet capuchins and lemurs registered as an esa, just so they can bring them into stores and restaurants. I'm glad it's getting tightened up, it's a ticking time bomb.
1.4 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.2 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:53 pm

naja-naja wrote:I see so many people trying to get around primate bans by getting their pet capuchins and lemurs registered as an esa, just so they can bring them into stores and restaurants. I'm glad it's getting tightened up, it's a ticking time bomb.

I really wish some of these people would use common sense. the last thing I would ever do is bring any of my exotics in stores, airlines or anywhere.
don't understand the reason why some people bring their exotics out in public. it is only asking for trouble. maybe they do it for attention :shrug:

to be honest, I am glad the exotics esa is being tightened up.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
naja-naja

Postby naja-naja » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:30 pm

It is 100% attention seeking. These are the people who have their animals loose in the house, no outdoor enclosure, maybe a small cage in the house to confine them. They dress them in human clothes and put diapers on them, sometimes even going as far as to pierce their monkeys' ears. They are delusional people who think that their monkey will be a permanent baby stand in, instead of acting like the responsible animal keepers we should all be striving to be. The diets are almost universally horrible, and 90% of them whose animals live beyond 2 years old have sold or re-homed them by that point, of course they are all kept singly as well so have no social skills with other primates.
1.4 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.2 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu

Return to “Laws & LEGAL ISSUES”