PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

What all do you need to own a fox in Oklahoma?

Exotic legal issues, bans, laws, regulations, Animal Rights discussions etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Stenr

Re: What all do you need to own a fox in Oklahoma?

Postby Stenr » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:36 am

All right thanks for the tips :)
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:20 am

Well, there are fox breeders in Oklahoma. Foxalbiazul got his fox from Oklahoma, unless it's like California where you can breed there, but not have them as pets.
Oklahoma could be like Michigan - in Michigan you can have native species, but you have to get a permit first. All others do not require one.
Stenr

Postby Stenr » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:11 pm

Thanks again :)))) I appreciate it. I thought of something I am pretty much gonna have to get a kit because of my dogs don't want my dog to bite the kit though vice versa. I'm only worried about one dog though cause he is still kind of a puppy. Thinks he's a lap dog haha he's 100 lbs icon_biggin.gif
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Okay, so it seems like Oklahoma actually has great laws when it comes to keeping exotics and captive-bred wildlife.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/lawforms/comhuntarea.pdf

On the first page of this thread, Juska provided a link to animals that do not need permits to keep. On the list, it looks like it considers "dogs" to refer to any specie of canine since it talks about coyotes and foxes. It says native foxes you will need a permit for.

So, if you're getting an arctic fox, it doesn't look like you'll have to do any legal work. If you're getting a gray or red, the paperwork is easy--so it shouldn't be intimidating at all.

So in short, you can get any type of fox you want. If the fox is red or gray, you will need to get a permit (probably just so they can be sure you didn't acquire it from the wild). Any other fox you can have.

Make sure to check your county, city, and zoning laws, of course. It seems great on a state level, but be sure to find out that you can actually keep a fox where you live.

:icon-wink: So yeah. Doesn't look hard at all!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Stenr

Postby Stenr » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:13 pm

Sounds great thanks! I'll ask my friends dad I live in OKC and he's the captain of the police department so he will know who to call :). If all goes well I'll post some pictures of the kit :)
Stenr

Postby Stenr » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:51 am

So when exactly are you able to get the kits from the breeders next year and whom would you recommend? Im leaning towards tiny tracks I have not seen anything bad about them. :|
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:18 am

Generally kits are born in the spring. Some are born as early as February, others as late as July.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:52 pm

Tiny Tracks is where Alynn and I got our foxes from, as well as quite a few others. We've all been very happy with our foxes. It all depends what kind of fox you want. Reds are born earlier in the year while arctics are born later. Reds will generally be ready for their new homes beginning around April.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Stenr

Postby Stenr » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Alrighty then thanks so arctics would be ready around June or July?
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:03 am

The breeder I was originally going to get my kit from had his arctics ready around June 29th, and then I actually picked up my kit, one of the last of the season, July 15th.

So yeah, I'd say mid June to mid July they are generally ready to go.
Stenr

Postby Stenr » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:55 am

Ooh around my birthday :))))))

Return to “Laws & LEGAL ISSUES”