PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Legal Ferrets project

Exotic legal issues, bans, laws, regulations, Animal Rights discussions etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Foxyjadda

Legal Ferrets project

Postby Foxyjadda » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:24 pm

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=8102
Old thread now Im trying a new way.

I forgot where I read something but it went something like this
Goverment is maybe getting 30< more letters but they are getting more on town issuses the Goverment is not thinking about Ferret laws because not that many people care about it.

So my project is to let people know and ask the Goverment to make Ferrets legal in new york city since their law was clearly a stupid one.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/press_archive99/pr36-629.shtml wrote:The New York City Board of Health voted unanimously today at its quarterly meeting to establish in New York City a list of animals which are prohibited as pets in New York City. The Board of Health is the official body authorized to enact the New York City Health Code. The list voted on today includes ferrets, which have been banned as pets under the Health Code's provision prohibiting ownership of wild animals (Section 161.01) since 1959. Public safety is the significant concern.

Ferrets are known for their unpredictable behavior, and they are prone to vicious, unprovoked attacks on humans. Ferret attacks reported nationwide over time have become notorious for their severity and capriciousness, causing serious injuries to some infants and young children in particular. In New York City's multiple dwelling residences, which are not natural habitats of ferrets, a ferret could crawl through holes in walls or travel along risers or ducts to other apartments, with potentially tragic consequences for the neighbor of a ferret owner.

Given careful consideration of what is known now, it would be irresponsible from a public safety perspective to allow a ferret to be kept as a pet in New York City.

Any who, I will try my best to let people know about the law and hope they will try to make a diffrence

any imput is accepeted!
My pets
4 Turtles- Toyota, Root Beer, Calester and Hummer (they are all red eared sliders)
1 Cat- Egypt (some mixed breed)
1 Dog- Precious (Pekingese/Tibetan spaniel mix)
2 Mice-Brazil and California (Fancy mouse)
More to come hopefully!

Return to “Laws & LEGAL ISSUES”