ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

wess exotics

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

linseylou

wess exotics

Postby linseylou » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:03 am

Has anyone dealt with wess exotics before? I have emailed back and forth with them a few times now and I just wanted to be sure they were a good breeder before I decided to get a fox from them. They told me that they should have arctics ready in june but they aren't going to take deposits until they are sure that their pair breed. Other than that they haven't said anything to make me not trust them, but I just want to be sure before I commit to them.
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: wess exotics

Postby Ash » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:29 am

linseylou wrote:Has anyone dealt with wess exotics before? I have emailed back and forth with them a few times now and I just wanted to be sure they were a good breeder before I decided to get a fox from them. They told me that they should have arctics ready in june but they aren't going to take deposits until they are sure that their pair breed. Other than that they haven't said anything to make me not trust them, but I just want to be sure before I commit to them.

I haven't worked with them personally, but they are reputable. Pat (site owner here) lists them as a recommended breeder here for a reason. ;)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:32 am

ok, thanks:) I thought I might have seen something about them here but I couldn't remember. I am deciding between wess exotic and tiny tracks ( those are the only ones that breed arctics I think) and wess is about an hr less of a drive for me so I'm kinda leaning their way.
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Tiny Tracks isn't the only breeder for arctic foxes. There's also Hillview Exotics and Lost River Game Farm, off the top of my head.
Hillview is located in Ohio - exactly where, I'm not sure, and Lost River is in Paoli, IN. Hillview asks $500 for their arctics, and as far as I know they only have one breeding pair. I was originally going to get my kit from them, but they lost the litter for that year. I've heard nothing but good things. TT asks $575-$675 for their kits depending on the color +$50 for females and are probably the most experienced breeder, and Lost River asks $450 for their arctic kits. Haven't heard of anyone getting kits from them, though.
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Oh, thanks, the only ones I've seen online(I'm not very computer savy so maybe I'm just not looking hard enough or something lol) that sell arctics were tiny tracks and wess exotics, so I was just going by that...I did find one or two that sell reds but not arctics, unfortunately reds are native to my area so they aren't legal.
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:25 pm

I just found lost river game farm on google and they are pretty close to where I live compared to the others you mentioned. I sent them an email asking them some questions so I am awaiting reply. Hopefully if it works out I may get my fox from them instead because a 5hr drive sounds allot better than a 6 1/2 or 7hr drive, especially with a fox in the car:)
Shinike

Postby Shinike » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:15 am

I've seen several breeders state that they won't accept a deposit until the litter is born. From what I have read, fox appear to be prone to false pregnancies and breeders don't seem to know if they will actually have a litter until they are born and of course you may not know how many kits are in a litter. Having had IWS in the past this is a common problem with the breed so this doesn't worry me. I would be more concerned with them demanding a deposit just to be put on a wait list and possibly never getting a kit.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:18 am

There are some fox breeders who have a lot of pairs. So in order to know before hand how many vixens ought to bred, they take deposits in advance. It's a commitment from the buyer and kind of gives the breeders the "green-light" to go ahead and breed their animals. Tiny Tracks breeds tons of foxes each year, so buyers are pretty much guaranteed to get a fox kit.

If you only have a pair or two of foxes, especially if the vixen isn't proven yet to be a reliable mother, you probably shouldn't be asking for deposits. But if you have a pair or two that consistently breeds, it's okay to ask. If it were me, I'd be a bit hesitant to take deposits unless I was certain I'd have kits that year. But you also want to see what the demand is ahead of time for your animals.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
grey.bird

Postby grey.bird » Thu May 19, 2016 10:00 am

Patricia Wess is an "exotic" animal breeder in Ohio. She sold me a raccoon in April 2016 and within two weeks he was dead. She said that she would cover my $214 vet bill and did. Then after a few phone conversations we discussed that since I had paid $325 for the raccoon she would pay me back the cost that I had paid for the raccoon minus the vet bill which was $111. She has since not answered her phone and has been rude calling me "a project" that she is done with and will not pay me back for the amount that I paid for the raccoon that only lived TWO WEEKS. I have raised many animals - deer, geese, turkeys, fox, rabbit, 2 raccoons and have never bought one that was sick or had the owner treat me in such a poor way. I would NOT RECOMMEND WESS EXOTICS as she has not treated me well in the purchase of the raccoon.
red fox, house cat
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fox breeders in Ohio?a

Postby pat » Thu May 19, 2016 12:17 pm

gee, I am so very sorry to hear about that.

what did the vet say? raccoons are usually pretty healthy animals.
what were you feeding him?
sounds like the poor thing had something wrong, maybe not fed right from the breeder :shrug: . (sounds like you have enough experience that you know what you are doing)

I hope wess gets back to you, she said she would refund you. maybe she is busy? did you get it in writing that she would return your money?

again, so very sorry to hear that. this is the first time I heard of any complaints about them.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
grey.bird

Postby grey.bird » Thu May 19, 2016 2:56 pm

The vet told me that the raccoon was two weeks old and not the 5 weeks like Patricia had told me... He found a few days later after running a fecal that he was very wormy. Also said that he was not tolerating the formula most likely due to a bacterial stomach infection. He had given him a 50% chance of surviving. I called Patricia and she had offered to pay for the vet bill which she has but I still have a little more than $100 that I paid just in the raccoon. Patricia's house smelled of urine and filthy with animals in cages everywhere. I left there with a headache.. She will not answer my phone calls and I'm sure that they are busy, but still for spending $325 for an animal that only lasted two weeks I would have to say the I will never recommend Wess Exotics...

This is the email that I was sent in reply:

I offered you another baby raccoon which you refused I'm done with this project. That is the only one that died out of seven. So after it went to the vet and was doing good for a week I have have no idea what happened to it in that week.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 18, 2016, at 3:22 PM

You can pick up from here that the breeder will not stand behind her animals in the fact that I had enough stress from the entire debacle that I did not even want to have another animal from her..
red fox, house cat
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun May 29, 2016 10:31 am

grey.bird

I again am sorry to hear of your loss.
however, most breeders won't refund, but will replace.

the reason would be she don't know how the raccoon was cared for. I have seen some new owners not caring for raccoons
properly. not saying that was the reason with yours.. but the breeder don't know. you might of been better off trying another one from her.

grey.bird

Postby grey.bird » Sun May 29, 2016 5:46 pm

I find it funny that the person here who keeps commenting on my posts has a name of Pat. When the owner of wess exotics is named Patricia Wess.. I am not a beginner at this.. Yet again I have raised two deer from fawn age up to two raccoons, multiple ducks, turkeys, geese, and a fox. I currently have cattle and horses so I am not new or by any means a beginner at this. I had talked with Patricia wess for more than a year now because last breeding season she did not have any available aale racoon kits. My last raccon an albino passed away at the old age of 16.. I raised him from two days old. This raccon from wess extotics was sick from day one.. Patricia knew this. She still will not answer my emails calls or texts.. She has only paid the vet bill of $214 which doesn't cover the cost of the raccoon which I bought sick for $325.. She still owes me $111 just to cover the cost of the raccoon alone. I don't know anyone who would want another raccoon from someone like Patricia who treats a person like this especially one that only lived for 14 days.. I guess "Pat" you're saying you would?? I personally breed dogs and sell them with a one year health guarantee. If the owner has any health issues or the dog dies I will give them their money back or give them another puppy. I just figure I'd treat people the way they would want to be treated. Thus said with a hefty price of $325 and a $214 vet bill I'm out quite a bit of money. So Do NOT but from wess exotics
red fox, house cat
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun May 29, 2016 6:49 pm

Pat is the owner of this site. Has bears, coons and foxes and lives in Pa and plenty of people have met her. It's not some elaborate long con scam. To start a scammy breeding business in another state decades later after starting this site.

Most exotic dealers I've dealt with only guarantee live arrival. So that's just a sad fact. And yeah the one time one did die on me, shortly after arrival but had proof he arrived in bad shape, replacement was the only option and wound up taking a long time since there isn't a limitless supply.

Is Wess exotics evil? I don't know. I haven't dealt with them or heard much about them. But the above is still fact on how things usually work. We aren't dealing with puppies and the breeders who give any sort of guarantee beyond live arrival are pretty rare but are definitely preferred. It's best to ask about that up front just in case.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun May 29, 2016 10:04 pm

grey.bird ,

I never heard any complaints about wess exotics. I am not doubting your word.

however, you said your raccoon was 2 weeks old, and wess exotic said he was older.
was his eyes even open when you got him? most raccoons eyes are not usually completely open at 2 weeks old.
usually about 2-1/2 - 3 weeks of age they are completely open to where they look normal.
did you happen to get a picture of him?

Honestly, I am very sorry you had to lose so much money and of course your raccoon.
I can relate how devastated you are. Last year, I had a 6 month old racoon, took him to get him neutered, only to get a call from the vet to tell me he died. Personally, I think he was not monitored after the neuter. lessen learned the hard way,I will stay with any animal at all times.

what did the vet say the cause of death was? can you get something in writing from the vet if the vet knew the cause?
this way, maybe you might have a chance to get some of your money back :shrug:

as mary said, most if not all breeders don't refund, they will replace, thats it.

again, really sorry for your loss...

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”