PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

wess exotics

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

grey.bird

Re: wess exotics

Postby grey.bird » Mon May 30, 2016 9:08 am

Again you are going on about things that no longer matter.. Even of it was two weeks old it should not have been sick when I got it.. And as far as age my vet and I both agreed it was maybe two weeks old. Both the raccoons I raised had eyes open around day 7-8. Anyways this board is about wess exotics and even though you have your opinion I do to and its not a good one. I am talking about a breeder who will not stand behind her animals and agreed to pay me the cost of the raccoon minus the vet bill an she has yet to do so. This has been more of a mess than I ever deserved. I feel that other people should be aware. And although these are not puppies I still would not treat someone with such disrespect that Patricia wess has treated me with. She continues to ignore me because she does not want to give me my money back.. Its pitiful really.
red fox, house cat
grey.bird

Postby grey.bird » Mon May 30, 2016 9:15 am

And I don't know why you asked if wess exotics "was the devil?" I have never called them that they have just merely been poor breeders in my eyes who do not stand by the animals they sell. And my vet said the cause of death was from a stomach bacterial infection and worms found that migrated to the lungs.. Patricia I hope knows this but I wouldn't know because she will not respond because she does not want to pay me back what she agreed upon. And if you were truly sorry for my loss you would quit badgering my posts and respect my difference of opinion as a buyer..
red fox, house cat
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon May 30, 2016 12:01 pm

Please don't put words in my mouth. I was only trying understand and help you..
It's not like I don't have anything else to do. I try and help the best I can and when I can..

I am sure you are upset, the fact you were told you would receive some type of compensation certainly is upsetting.

Again, sorry all this happened to you, I wish I could do something to help you, but, I don't know what.

AGAIN, I am not doubting your word about the condition of your raccoon or even the neglect from the breeder.

Honestly, I don't know what you want me say.. If you seem to think I am badgering your posts, I will no longer reply.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue May 31, 2016 1:34 pm

Pat's just commenting so much because she's a nice woman who feels bad for what happened. She's not a breeder and not the same person. ;) You really don't have to worry. We've known her for a long time. :)

Very few exotic breeders would ever give a refund. It's unfortunate, but that's kind of just how it goes in this community. :/ That doesn't mean I don't feel bad for what happened to you, of course. But many first-time exotic owners may not take care of their animal, and the animal may be more prone to stress, etc. There are more reasons why a baby exotic is at higher risk of passing away. That being said, I'm not disputing at all your experience and not wanting to imply at all you didn't know what you were doing. I'm talking about new owners in general being more "risky" for a breeder to offer a guarantee to.

Some breeders will give a live arrival guarantee, and then a 24 hour guarantee. Few go beyond that.

Sorry about your experience. I totally get why you're upset... Always hard losing any animal as well as the money put out for it.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:27 pm

Is the Wess Exotics Animals website down for everyone else? The site does not want to load for me, just a blank page. It is not saying anything, so the site domain is there.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:10 am

Vata Raven wrote:Is the Wess Exotics Animals website down for everyone else? The site does not want to load for me, just a blank page. It is not saying anything, so the site domain is there.

I just looked at it, and it is not working on my end. not that i know much about "weebly", but, some parts said, it ran out of bandwindwith :shrug:

personally, don't understand why people that are selling stuff would use weebly, domains cost about $10.00 - $15.00 a year.

have you tried calling?

Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:44 am

pat wrote:have you tried calling?

I have not made the attempt to call yet; I was just compiling a list of breeders on my end. I did message her on Facebook informing her about her website, but she has yet to reply.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:22 pm

What animal are you interested in?

I would suggest Tiny Tracks.

Let us know if you get you get in contact with Wess Exotics.

Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:05 pm

pat wrote:What animal are you interested in?

I would suggest Tiny Tracks.

I will likely do business with Tiny Tracks, as they are the only ones with Arctic Shadows (only if I can get one that is female and pure white, they come in three different colors), Arctic Polar would be my second choice, and a white marble red type would be my third.

I will only pursue this only if the new fence gets installed. I know people build large enclosures for their exotics, but I like the idea of having my pets running around in our 2.5-3 acres of land.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:42 pm

You're talking different species. The different species have differences in personalities, training, etc. more so than breed differences, these are different species. You should know what species you want and will fit you before anything else, rather than get one based on color and hope the species fits.

Eagles can kill and eat foxes, foxes easily jump and dig under fences. Other wild animals can get in and out to cause issues. There's a reason people don't just let their foxes run on their land even if fenced.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:02 pm

I agree with Mary. you should know what species you want.. artic, red fox family?
Keep in mind, the true artics are difficult to litter train.

If you plan on leaving your fox run loose, then plan on your fox running away and as mary pointed out, another wild animal could kill your fox,
also, your fox can get hit by a car, or someone will shoot it.

As mary pointed out, there is a good reason why people build the proper enclosure.
a bottom and top must be attached.

Please make sure you completely understand a fox's proper care.
By doing so, you and your fox will be happy you did more research.

Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:48 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:You're talking different species. The different species have differences in personalities, training, etc. more so than breed differences, these are different species.

I do not think you should be throwing around personality and training as a deciding factor. Animals are like people and will have varying personalities. You might say, "Well, red-typed like people more." I could very well end up with anti-social red-type. Training, you have to train every animal you get, if it is even trainable.
pat wrote:If you plan on leaving your fox run loose, then plan on your fox running away and as mary pointed out, another wild animal could kill your fox, also, your fox can get hit by a car, or someone will shoot it. As mary pointed out, there is a good reason why people build the proper enclosure.

You are assuming I did not do my research. I am very aware why people build an enclosure, it is cheaper than building a proper wildlife fence system that is buried 3-4 feet (preventing dig out) and have a 45 degree overhang (preventing climbing out).

I will not reply further on my fox and fencing choice, this is not the thread of this, but thank you for your concern.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Vata Raven wrote:
pat wrote:If you plan on leaving your fox run loose, then plan on your fox running away and as mary pointed out, another wild animal could kill your fox, also, your fox can get hit by a car, or someone will shoot it. As mary pointed out, there is a good reason why people build the proper enclosure.

You are assuming I did not do my research. I am very aware why people build an enclosure, it is cheaper than building a proper wildlife fence system that is buried 3-4 feet (preventing dig out) and have a 45 degree overhang (preventing climbing out).

I will not reply further on my fox and fencing choice, this is not the thread of this, but thank you for your concern.

sorry, guess I misunderstood you. I didn't know you have experience and have done lots of research.

Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:58 pm

pat wrote:sorry, guess I misunderstood you. I didn't know you have experience and have done lots of research.

All is fine, (I should have detailed my fence type) I imagine a lot come on here around breeding season and have done little to no research. I will, however, ask for advice if I run into anything questionable, and I imagine I will.

I will report back on here if once I get a reply back from Patricia Wess, might give her a call to inform her of the website issue.

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”