Fox breeders in PA

Postby earthandanimals » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:24 pm

Looking for breeders in PA. :)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fox breeders in PA

Postby Ash » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:13 pm

earthandanimals wrote:Looking for breeders in PA. :)

Hi. Sadly, foxes aren't legal in PA without 2-year experience and the officials are very annoying to work with and may not give you a permit even if you complete the requirement. Pat can tell you more. She was able to get her foxes, but they gave her grief about it and denied her even when the requirements were met.

Hopefully you'll be able to get the experience you need.

To my knowledge there are no fox breeders there, so you would have to buy one from a different state. If someone else knows something more, hopefully they'll chime in. :)

Welcome to the forum, by the way. It's great to have you here. I hate to be the bearer of bad news about the legalities, but I feel it's fair to warn you before you get your heart set on it.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
earthandanimals

Postby earthandanimals » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:33 pm

Ahhh! Alrighty :( thank you!!

I see Fennec Foxes ARE legal in PA. Time to do research until my eyes fall out.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:38 pm

No they aren't. Really nothing is. They don't even allow sugar gliders or hedgehogs. They claim to allow hedgehogs if bred in state but they confiscate anyway saying they are all descended from out of state stock. But eh point is no you can't have fennecs either. You have the exact same issues.
earthandanimals

Postby earthandanimals » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Yikes! Guess I'll go with my 3rd choice then the Chinchilla! :D
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:12 pm

Mike @ Keystone Exotics had 3 grey fox kits when we picked up our raccoon the other week. I won't declare this with 100% surety, but I >THINK< Mike bred these himself and did not get them from a dealer. However, if you want to be sure, call Mike and talk with him.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:27 pm

DeweysMom wrote:Mike @ Keystone Exotics had 3 grey fox kits when we picked up our raccoon the other week. I won't declare this with 100% surety, but I >THINK< Mike bred these himself and did not get them from a dealer. However, if you want to be sure, call Mike and talk with him.

actually, it is only the raccoons, skunks that can be bought in PA with a bill of sale.

but, foxes require a permit, need a 2-year experience. letter of acceptance from township and pen built to pgc specifications.
the only fox allowed is the red fox, or red fox family.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:03 pm

grey fox 1.jpg
grey fox 2.jpg

These were definitely grey fox. Not sure if he bred them to sell to the public or for a specific end, like a zoo or whatever. These are pics I snagged from his FB.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”