PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Exotic Endeavors - do they still breed?

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

LittleFoxLover

Exotic Endeavors - do they still breed?

Postby LittleFoxLover » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:22 am

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew if they were still breeding Fennecs? I emailed them a couple of days ago asking if they still breed but still no reply. Of course I understand breeders are busy and wasn't expecting a reply for a week or so, anyways, but just thought to ask. I'm really wanting to get my Fennec from them in the future so really hope they still are.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Alynn

Re: Exotic Endeavors - do they still breed?

Postby Alynn » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:40 am

As far as I know they do not. Getting a fox in Canada is quite difficult, and the only people who seem to have managed to get one as a pet have gone through fur farms.
LittleFoxLover

Postby LittleFoxLover » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:16 pm

I saw a page that said 2013 breedings so I thought maybe they were. If not I'll be looking for a new breeder again I guess :(

And I'm sorry, I think you may have me confused with someone else? I'm not in Canada :P I'm in Massachusetts but will be in Florida once I start getting my foxes.

Thank you for the reply though!
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:44 pm

OH! Sorry! For some reason it registered in my brain that they were the Canadian breeder of fennecs.

Honestly I don't know, they probably do. I just checked their license with the USDA database and Sherilyn Hanna's license is still active, so I would assume so!

They say email is their best method of contact, but give them a call if you don't hear back? Do note that it is kit season and a lot of breeders are really busy with bottle feeding right about now.

Sometimes it awhile for breeders to get back to you, I emailed quite a few breeders when I was still looking for foxes and I didn't hear back from some of them for awhile.

Good luck, sorry for the confusion.
LittleFoxLover

Postby LittleFoxLover » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Haha, no worries :) you actually had me there for a bit xD until I remembered they were in Cali, lol.

Yeah I wasn't expecting a reply to my email anytime soon but was interested to see if anyone here knew. I'm not sure they're number is on their site (at least I don't remember seeing it) but if I don't get a reply I'll call them.

Thanks so much for replying!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Yes Sheri still breeds. I don't imagine they'd ever shut down. This is the oldest fennec breeding operation in the US passed down from Lynn Hall to her.
LittleFoxLover

Postby LittleFoxLover » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:12 pm

I hope she keeps breeding, I just love how they raise their Fennecs and would love to get mine from her. Though this won't happen for another 2-3 years.

Thanks so much!
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:16 pm

It's good that you're trying to get in touch now - fennecs have small litters, high demand, and are hard to breed, so it'd be a good idea to get on her waiting list (assuming she has one) if you really want a kit from her in the next few years, especially since she's a very popular breeder it would appear.
http://www.exoticendeavors.com/contact_us.html
The phone number is listed here, don't know if you found it or not.
LittleFoxLover

Postby LittleFoxLover » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:02 pm

I think I just missed it because I was only looking for her email, but thank you for pointing it out :)
Yeah, haha, I figured since they go so fast I would see about getting on her list for the future if she allows me to.
Ahh, I can't wait to get mine!

Thank you so much!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:50 pm

At this time, Exotic Endeavors is redirecting our focus, and we are closing our fennec fox and avian breeding programs. We continue to be available for consultations, husbandry, hand-rearing information on the fennec foxes, softbills and lories. We continue to maintain our full participation in the AZA Species Survival Program for Fennec Foxes.

Hmm not sure if they still breed but just send them to zoos or they really just don't breed and no more foxes. Sad to see the line go.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:45 am

Yes its sad. Lynn Hall started it and imported the first fennecs and then they imported some more like 10yrs or so ago maybe to help their lines. She took over for him before he passed.

I'm just not sure because she said they stopped breeding but remain a part of the SSP, but I'm not sure what role they would have if not breeding in that. Most likely she really stopped and sent them to zoos. Either way the lines are closed to the public now.

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”