https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

looking in canada for FOXS

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

errorlover

looking in canada for FOXS

Postby errorlover » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:18 pm

Looking for an actually breeder near ontario for that's where i live,
Prefable Fennec or an marble fox for i have diccussed with my people and did my research you are able to own as long as it does not resemble something wild ;)
errorlover

Re: looking in canada for FOXS

Postby errorlover » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:24 pm

ONTARIO
Are foxes legal ➝ YES (but only non-native species, hybrid foxes and ranched colored foxes!) However, in Brandon city, you are allowed any kind of fox as long as its domestic, and if you license it every year (like a dog).
Person contacted on this matter ➝ KATHY KIRKLAND, Captivity Biologist of Laws.
Contact (email/phone) ➝ Kathy.Kirkland@ontario.ca / (416) 338-7297
Excerpts of our conversation ➝ « You may purchase and keep a non-native species of fox as a pet in Ontario. There is no provincial permit or license required for the keeping of non-native species as pets; however some municipalities prohibit ownership of foxes and other species as pets. » (like I stated in the description at the beginning of this page, you should ALWAYS call and ask your municipality about the animal`s legality in the city, before actually taking it).
« It is unlawful to keep the three species of fox native to Ontario as pets, as they are designated as specially protected wildlife under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997. This includes Arctic Fox (Alopex lagopus), Grey Fox (Urocyon cinereoargenteus) and Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes). »
Laws (Wildlife Preservation + Municipalities Act) ➝ http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/FW ... 68424.html
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:33 pm

The only person I'm aware of that is currently breeding/brokering foxes to the public as pets is Krystelle Bolduc, located in Montreal, Quebec. The only other breeders I've seen were of fennecs and are no longer breeding, and the other, while located in Ontario, does not sell to the public as pets.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008146811225

This is her personal Facebook page, as far as I know she does not have a website and I am unaware of what her plans are for this year. You're welcome to send her a message - she does have somewhat broken English, and she does work directly with a fur farmer, but she's the only person I know that was able to establish a relationship with a fur farmer in order to sell them as pets in Canada. I've heard mixed things about her, but all the times I've talked directly to her she's seemed polite, informed and her foxes are well enough taken care of and socialized that they've appeared on Quebec talk shows.
errorlover

Postby errorlover » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Thank you very much :)
foxmania

Postby foxmania » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Northern Exotics sells fennec foxes and Kitaluna Exotics will soon have red foxes. There is another woman who breeds fennec foxes and red foxes somewhere around Toronto. They've been breeding for many years.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northern ... 5532510128
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kitaluna ... 2318094663
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:44 pm

Kitaluna mentioned on her Facebook page that foxes aren't legal in Ontario? I wonder what's going on with that. I would trust Kitaluna over Anda's site since Kitaluna seems to have been in the business longer. I'd go with assuming that all reds are illegal in Ontario.
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:26 pm

Alynn and Kitaluna are correct, reds are not legal (there is no exception for ranch raised colors).

"PART IV
SALE, PURCHASE AND TRANSPORT

Buying or selling wildlife and pelts

48. (1) A person shall not buy or sell game wildlife or specially protected wildlife, including pelts, except under the authority of a licence and in accordance with the regulations.

Farmed animal pelts

(2) Subject to subsection (5), subsection (1) applies to the pelts of farmed animals that are furbearing mammals."

"FURBEARING MAMMALS

Common Name

Badger, American
    Beaver
    Bobcat
    Coyote
    Fisher
    Fox, Arctic
    Fox, Grey
    Fox, Red (all colour phases)

Lynx
    Marten
    Mink
    Muskrat
    Opossum
    Otter
    Raccoon
    Skunk, Striped
    Squirrel, Red
    Weasel, Least
    Weasel, Long-tailed
    Weasel, Short-tailed (Ermine)
    Wolf"

But, with that said, it also appears that you can get special permission from a Minister to keep them in captivity. I don't have any idea how easy or not it is to get said permission, but otherwise they are banned as pets.

"Authorization for furbearing mammals

(4) Despite subsection (1), a person may buy or sell a live furbearing mammal in accordance with the regulations if the person has the authorization of the Minister."

https://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statu ... .htm#BK131
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:10 am

Thanks for looking into it!
Sotnosjade

Postby Sotnosjade » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Do NOT buy from Krystelle Bolduc!!!
She murdered a fox just because she had a disagreement with someone, so she murdered her pet and put the corpse in a garbage bag to hurt her feelings(Search "justice for Miko the fox" on google)
She is well known for animal abuse.
Several of her baby foxes died in awful conditions.
Please do not support those kind of people.....
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:14 pm

Sotnosjade wrote:Do NOT buy from Krystelle Bolduc!!!
She murdered a fox just because she had a disagreement with someone, so she murdered her pet and put the corpse in a garbage bag to hurt her feelings(Search "justice for Miko the fox" on google)
She is well known for animal abuse.
Several of her baby foxes died in awful conditions.
Please do not support those kind of people.....

We're well aware of the situation between these two and that's hardly the full story.

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”