PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

in search of Ring tailed cat breeder?

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

faithoaks1993

in search of Ring tailed cat breeder?

Postby faithoaks1993 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:23 am

I live in Oregon, I am very willing to travel. I want a cub ring tailed cat. I can't find a breeder anywhere and I really want to get a baby soon. . Does anyone know anyone that actively breeds...
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: in search of Ring tailed cat breeder?

Postby Ash » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:40 pm

These guys are VERY difficult to come across, and in all honesty, if you found a breeder, their waiting list is probably very long already. Every once in a while if you keep an eye out on exoticanimalsforsale.net you'll see one for sale, but it's a rarity, and they're never babies. Babies go to the long list of people who have been waiting for years... I believe there is a breeder in Texas, but I do not remember if they are still breeding, or if I'm just remembering wrong.

Good luck. I hope you can find something out. Make sure you have all your permits in place.

They're really cool animals. The facility I interned at had one that I got to clean up after. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:08 pm

Ringtails are native to Oregon so it could be a bit tricky as most native things you can't have, but they do not seem to be listed as fur bearers or otherwise protected so you could keep one from the wild, though not a great idea unless you are an experienced exotic breeder. But I could be missing something so you'd have to contact ODFW and see what they say even if you find a breeder you'd need to ask them if importing it would be legal and if is legal would need a permit to import. Some native species you can only trap and keep others you can only get from USDA breeders, it's kind of muddled up that way.
jasoncalderone

Postby jasoncalderone » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:15 pm

have you any luck in finding a breeder of a ringtail cat
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:59 pm

Macon Magic has sold them from time-to-time, so they would be your best bet. They may know of other breeders too.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
jasoncalderone

Postby jasoncalderone » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:13 pm

I have sent them 3 emails and nothing back. It just seemed like a few years ago it was popular to own one and now nothing.LOL.. If any suggestion please send them my way
thanks
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Curious emails probably won't be responded to. Many breeders usually cannot respond to all their messages because they get so many and will likely not bother with anything that isn't serious and committed. A phone call is the best way to go. It may also be that their waiting list is very long for the species.

They were never abundant in the pet trade to begin with. The lady I know who has one is an exhibitor, but hers came from the wild (failed rehabs).

If you are ready and wanting one, give em a ring. :) I imagine they are around $1500 unless they've gone up in price.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:52 pm

CJG Exotics breeds them I think, but they only sell to licensed people.

http://www.exoticanimalsforsale.net/sal ... ed-Cat.asp
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:18 pm

CJC is a broker.

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”