PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Someone dangerous to report!

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Sammy

Someone dangerous to report!

Postby Sammy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:44 pm

Hello all. Some of you may know that I have recently gotten into the fox breeding business, and yesterday I received a phone call from a fellow breeder warning me of someone who has been making threats. This someone is from New York state and has been calling fox breeders throughout the country, telling them that they will burn/ bomb their homes and kill their foxes. A woman has reported that she received sexual threats as well.
Everyone who has gotten a call (as far as I know) advertises on exoticanimalsforsale.net. If any of you get a call like this, please report them to your local sheriff's department. We're trying to ban together and keep each other safe.
Thanks!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Someone dangerous to report!

Postby Ash » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:23 am

Yikes... That's really scary. Sounds like some AR fanatic.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:19 am

I agree with ash, sounds like AR/peta nuts.

when they call, do you know if their phone number shown on their phone?

you might want to think about posting signs "property under surveillance" don't know if that would help, but, better than nothing.
if you can afford to get a camera, you can monitor who is on your property.

sure hope these nuts are caught.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Lupercus

Postby Lupercus » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:55 pm

I hope they come to my place, I'm ready to return fire. Might save some trouble for the next owner/breeder.
Sparttan117

Postby Sparttan117 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Sammy wrote:This someone is from New York state and has been calling fox breeders throughout the country, telling them that they will burn/ bomb their homes and kill their foxes. A woman has reported that she received sexual threats as well.

Have you tried calling back the number? Even if someone does the thing to hide their number, calling back from your recent call lost can get you their number. Their number is only hidden when they call you and add something on the end (I think it's *69). If you call them back, it displays their number as if you dialed it in manually. If it's some kid who thinks they're cool, then try to get their parents so that their parents can tell them that this isn't a joke and people's businesses and lives can seriously be damaged by this. If it's someone who is an adult, this is considered a terrorist threat by US law because they're trying to control others through a threat of violence. If this is the case, bring the number to your local police. They can trace who it belongs to from there. I wish you the best of luck.

TL;DR: Call them back from your call history and if it's a kid, try to contact their parents. If it's an adult, they are breaking some major laws and you should bring the number to the police so that bit can be tracked.

Edit: The first amendment grants the right to beliefs and their expression, but not the right to force other people to have the same ones. Also, I would suggest consulting a lawyer before bringing anything to court. I'm pretty confident in my definitions and such, but the internet isn't always a perfect source of legal advice.

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”