PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Reliable Breeders?

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Sammy

Reliable Breeders?

Postby Sammy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:32 pm

My fox breeding business is already going great, and I've currently got several years' waiting list just from a fellow breeder's referral. Well, I've put quite a bit of thought into it, and I think I'd like to get another breeding pair.

I currently have silvers, but this time I'd like to change it up a bit and maybe get a pair of fennec foxes or arctics. I've already been through the popular sites: Tiny Tracks (I don't think they sell either of those, but I looked anyway), Lost River Game Farm, Hillview Exotics, and I've even scoured exoticanimalsforsale.net. I haven't been able to find anyone who is comfortable enough to sell me a fox for breeding purposes, and everyone I've contacted from anywhere else seems too sketchy or is just too far away to drive to. Has anyone got any suggestions? I feel that I'm prepared to take on another pair, and I could really use some leads on breeders near Virginia... Thanks!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reliable Breeders?

Postby Ash » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:47 pm

Tiny Tracks sells arctics. They're born a little later in the year. Keep in mind arctics have HUGE litters though, so it might be hard to find responsible/legal homes for so many kits.

As for fennec foxes, reliable breeders are becoming more and more scarce. You may have to pay for them to be shipped to you if you found a pair or be willing to drive.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Lost River does sell Fennecs, and when I was thinking of getting them first (now we're starting with reds), I spoke to Bob on the phone and he was happy to explain all of his answers to my questions. He does not ship, though, unfortunately.

In addition to Lost River, Fairytale Foxes in Virginia sells Fennecs. She also is very kind, and I have had many conversations with Christy on all sorts of exotics topics!

If you were looking to get a pair of Fennecs, I'd suggest getting ones from different breeders. It's pretty hard to find variation in Fennec lines anymore, sadly. icon-sad

As far as Arctics, Ash mentioned Tiny Tracks, and again Lost River is also a good breeder of them though they have more limited colors.

Good luck!
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
Sammy

Postby Sammy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:24 pm

Thank you both! I found a breeder from the Fox Breeder Database who will sell me a female this year, and hopefully next year I'll be able to buy a male from Fairytale Foxes :) I was thinking it's probably best to just start off with one so that I can get used to having a different species of fox around.

I clicked a link that directed me to the Fairytale Fox page on Facebook, which has a list of pages run by other breeders, which is very helpful!
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Fox Breeder Database?
Sammy

Postby Sammy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:37 pm

I meant to say directory. I'm not sure why I said database.
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm still not sure what breeding directory you're referring to. I'm curious, do you have a link?
Sammy

Postby Sammy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:30 am

http://fennecfoxes.net/breeder-directory/

Here's the link. I found the breeder who sold my silvers to me on a similar website, but I haven't been able to find it again. This one is really helpful, but a lot of the breeders listed aren't in business anymore.
naja-naja

Postby naja-naja » Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm

finding a local breeder who will be willing to sell to you for breeding purposes may be difficult as they may not want the competition, however breeders further away wouldn't have the same issue. the fact that you are finding local breeders hard to find may be a good sign, as it means less competition for you when your trying to sell more babies. If I were you I'd go for a farther away breeder, best of luck with your search :)
1.4 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.2 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”