HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAYS TO ALL

PLEASE READ THIS REGARDING TOXIC DOG FOOd viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1463

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 (with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.) FREE TO USE.
(PLEASE USE THE LINK ABOVE, YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

Fox breeders in Ohio?

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fox breeders in Ohio?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:11 pm

I believe most breeders prefer calls as it shows you're serious. They get tons of emails by just curious and non-serious folks, so emails get lost and ignored easily.

And double posting is fine here long as adding something relevant or you have new questions and not just flooding a thread with random posts.
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:53 pm

True, well I used the "contact us" feature asking about a good time to call, or to perhaps at least get a notification that it was accepted before mailing the $200 deposit.
This is my first time doing something like this so I'm really anxious and it doesn't help either that I have terrible anxiety when it comes to dealing with people, especially over the phone because I stutter a lot when I get really nervous and end up feeling foolish.

If there isn't any response within a couple of days or so, I may try giving them a call but considering Thanksgiving is around the corner, I presume they may be out with family at this time. Man I picked a bad time to do this didn't I?
Leopard geckos 3.4 Ball pythons 1.1 Cats 1.2 Fox 1.0
The Household Geckos Tumblr
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:10 am

I'd try next week when the holiday is over. It's a busy time for everybody. As long as you don't call on Sunday or late evenings, it should be fine. Just give a call during the day, and if they don't pick up, leave your name and number telling them you want to put a deposit down. You give them your card information over the phone and then they run it through for you.

And it's true... These poor breeders, brokers, etc get all sorts of emails CONSTANTLY--especially from teenagers too young to purchase anything. They don't have time to respond to that many messages that will get them no where from kids who are "just curious."

A call is definitely best. I used to have a major phobia when it came to making phone calls (sometimes I still do and I panic at the thought), but it's something I just have to really psych myself up to do. Tell yourself a specific day and time that you're planning to call, and then prepare for it so you're not as nervous. That's what I do, and it helps me make all the "scary" calls. Maybe that could help you too.

Hope you get a hold of them and can put a deposit down. It's super exciting knowing you're going to get your furry baby in the spring.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:15 am

Well I surprisingly got a reply, granted it was a bit hoshposh and they ignored most of the questions but I can understand especially now that it's the holiday season.
I'll try and get a check sent out within the next couple of days or give a call next week.

Now I still have to find a Tractor Supply co though that has that pen I was looking at to measure that gap in the door. Otherwise I'll have to contract someone to build an enclosure or see if anyone I Know could help at all which I doubt it.

Man I'm so excited!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:41 pm

That's great. :)

I think they much more prefer to talk on the phone. Tammy is sweet, and loves to talk!

Dave is a member here and hops on from time to time. So he knows there are resources out there (like Sybil's Den) where questions can be answered about foxes. Every once in a while he'll pop in and answer a question or two.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
KaitouCat

Postby KaitouCat » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:06 pm

Welp I found another store with the display up and took some photos of the measurements and of the pen itself.. Only for the files to somehow end up corrupted and unusable except a few which are essentially useless. :/
I remember the gaps of the door ranging from 2-3 inches wide though and have just a comparison shot of one of the gaps to my hand.

If I get a chance to go back and try again I might but just ugh. Why must I have such terrible luck? I also can't write them a check right now because I don't know where my check book is and my bank is so gosh dang lousy that they can't print checks at their building. Seems like I'll have to go ahead and wait until after Thanksgiving to give them a call after all.
There's also other examples of the bad luck but I'm not going to go into detail.
cjs2986

Postby cjs2986 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Fox Paw Exotics of Ohio. We ARE USDA licensed, as well as state licensed, contrary to a previous comment.
cjs2986

Postby cjs2986 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:52 pm

BlueBaby1023 wrote:Message her on her Facebook. I bugged her for weeks through text and she never responded. I messaged her on Facebook and got a response the same day. She only bred her reds this year though, just so you know.

Also, just in case you find them, avoid Fox Paw Exotics. They do not have a USDA license and are selling kits illegally.

We are actually licensed through the USDA and the state of Ohio, and we are also some of the very few breeders who are legally allowed to sell to the state of Tennessee. We've always been licensed. We would appreciate you refraining from spreading false information. Thank you
cjs2986

Postby cjs2986 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:15 pm

Alynn wrote:I would not recommend Fox Paw.
Lost River I've heard are very kind people.
I dealt with Tiny Tracks and I recommend them highly.

Why wouldn't you recommend us (Fox Paw) Alynn? Just wondering.
sybil

Postby sybil » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:01 am

The may swap meet in rogers ohio usuailly has foxes there. that is where I got my 3.
they don';t have as many there as they use to. I seen some there last year. almost got another one, but, since I had 3 already, and my raccoons, I already have my hands full.

tiny tracks do have nice quality foxes

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”