PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Raccoon breeders in Illinois??

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

segrsyd

Raccoon breeders in Illinois??

Postby segrsyd » Mon May 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi I have already raised a raccoon before and I fell in love. Unfortunately my state didn't allow for me to keep him because I rescued him. I would love to have another though and my state allows it if I get it from a breeder. I would love to get it as soon as possible and I want to be able to bottle raise it for that special bond. If you guys could help me I would be so grateful.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Raccoon breeders in Illinois??

Postby pat » Mon May 25, 2015 7:38 pm

I don't know any breeders in IL.

check to make sure you can buy one out of state and what the procedures are. (in case you can't find any in IL)
I don't know how far you are from mt hope ohio (mid ohio). there is a swap meet july 17-18. there could be some babies or young raccoons there.
some raccoons were born a little later than usual. maybe due to the long winter. :shrug:

if I know of any, I will be sure to let you know. maybe some of the other members here might know..
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
segrsyd

Postby segrsyd » Mon May 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Ok where is the swap meet at and how much would they be there?
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon May 25, 2015 7:53 pm

mt hope is in mid Ohio.
do a trip tic from where you live to mt hope ohio.(mt hope is a very small town)

I don't know how much a raccoon will be. most breeders charge different prices. average price is about 200.00 - 400.00
I think tiny tracks from Indiana sells raccoons. they might average about 400.00.
you can look on their web site. http://www.tinytracksexoticanimals.com/index.html

I am not sure if they go to mt hope, but, I have never seen them there. they pretty much have their hands full with babies this time of year.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon May 25, 2015 8:53 pm

I'd go with Tiny Tracks. I got my foxes from them, and Dave and Tammy are great to work with. I was living in Illinois then, so it was more just like a on-day road trip there and back. They also have a variety of colors with their coons. They're great, but down-to-earth people. It is best to call them instead of emailing them.

I am not aware of any breeders in Illinois.

You will need the "fur-bearing mammal breeder's permit" from the DNR. This is a permit that costs $25-$30/year and you can just print it off once you pay for it. Regardless of whether you're breeding the animal, this is the permit you need--it IS a pet permit and states so. Also, your raccoon will need a certificate of health before crossing the border into Illinois--any reputable breeder is going to give you one of these.

So those two things for Illinois: Fur-bearing mammal breeder's permit, and certificate of health

Hope that helped!

Oh, and welcome to the board! :mrgreen:
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
segrsyd

Postby segrsyd » Mon May 25, 2015 10:51 pm

Thank you i will be sure to get those 2 things and talk to them. i just want a healthy legal raccoon:) and thank you i am sure to be posting for help once i get a baby:)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue May 26, 2015 12:19 am

When you do get your coon, post pictures please! :mrgreen: They're always so cute when they're babies!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
segrsyd

Postby segrsyd » Tue May 26, 2015 8:06 am

I will for sure hopefully i can get it quickly I am so excited:) is there any difference between getting a male and female? I am going to get either one fixed but I want to know if there is any attitude difference please. I had a male and he was a tad aggressive with our cats over food, but he was purely from the wild.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed May 27, 2015 10:53 pm

segrsyd wrote:I will for sure hopefully i can get it quickly I am so excited:) is there any difference between getting a male and female? I am going to get either one fixed but I want to know if there is any attitude difference please. I had a male and he was a tad aggressive with our cats over food, but he was purely from the wild.

You'll get better answers to your questions if you hop over to the raccoon forum because most people with coons post there and don't browse the whole board. :icon-wink: From what members have said, it seems like males are the better of the two, but I've only worked around raccoons--never owned one. So if you ask there, you're bound to get a ton more answers from long-time, short-time, and brand-new owners. :)
Ana

Postby Ana » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Ash wrote:When you do get your coon, post pictures please! :mrgreen: They're always so cute when they're babies!

Jude says he's FAR cuter than any stinkin' baby. They don't even use the litter pan! :lol:

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”