https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

broker and breeder needed

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

alixdor

broker and breeder needed

Postby alixdor » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:56 am

Hello,

I am looking for breeders or brokers who can help me acquire some pets. I am looking for a kinkajou, bennett wallaby, fennec fox, meerkats are my main focus. I am working on opening an educational zoo next door to my home. If the zoo does not work out then these are all still animals I can legally own as pets in my area. Irregardless of the zoo there is enough space to adequately house each of these species within my home, with the exemption of the wallaby which will need outdoor pen which I have. Each animal will be my personal pets no matter want and the zoo is really just an excuse for me to have a million animals without looking like a weirdo. I have 7 sugar gliders, 1 gecko, 2 bengals, 1 hedgehog and 2 kids. The broker would be needed as I live in Ontario Canada and need help bringing the animals over.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: broker and breeder needed

Postby Ash » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Are you looking to import from America? If so, you will not be able to get meerkats from here since they are considered invasive in the US (and therefore can't be owned by anybody).

There are breeders in the UK though, but I've heard finding a broker in the UK can be difficult. We do have some UK members, and there are some brokers. I don't know if you could do this, but have you tried contacting the agency that regulates importing animals in your province? They might not be able to give out names, but maybe there's a database with brokers or something, or there is someone they could refer.

Fennec foxes can't be imported into Canada at all. So even if they are legal in your province, they can't be imported--federal law. So sadly, you won't be able to get those guys. :( There are no breeders of fennec foxes in Canada.

We did have a member here from Canada who had a kinkajou I believe. I wish I knew her name. She was a breeder and I think she did some brokering too. It may take me a while to dig her up since she hasn't been on in a while, but it might be worth contacting her (if I can find the info).
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
maryanne.d141

Postby maryanne.d141 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:35 am

As far as I know, Northern Exotics(http://www.northern-exotics.com/) in Sudbury, ON do breed fennec foxes, as for the rest I'm not sure. Their website isn't the best or even put together so you would most likely have to call and find out (IF it's still in business in the first place). I myself have been looking into getting either a fox or fennec fox in Ontario but the only results I've found were the fennecs in Sudbury.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:52 am

Yes that's true but their waiting list is closed. They have enough people on it to cover litters for the next 20 years. If you really want one wouldn't hurt to check every couple years or so to see if it's opened back up maybe.

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”