PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Looking for an asian small clawed otter breeder

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

brjjordan3

Looking for an asian small clawed otter breeder

Postby brjjordan3 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:47 am

I was wondering if someone would be able to point me in the right direction of a breeder or just someone I may be able to get in contact with about getting one in general. I am located in the US and would prefer to deal with someone in the US to avoid some fees. But if not I would be willing to work internationally. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
minervasden

Re: Looking for an asian small clawed otter breeder

Postby minervasden » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:41 am

I remember Tri-Lakes having had them before. I don't see them currently mentioned on the website, but you can ask. http://www.trilakesexotics.com/

We were going to get otter(s) but that is another time and place. Unfortunately all my otter info was on the old computer. There is a state by state breeder listing on the exotic animals for sale website. You could start with searching your location and move outward. http://www.exoticanimalsforsale.net/animalbreeders/

Ads also appear for otters in the classifieds proper http://www.exoticanimalsforsale.net/animalsforsale.asp
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
brjjordan3

Postby brjjordan3 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:08 am

No, I have yet to find a legitimate breeder. I have called and emailed many exotic pet stores and brokers and have either not been responded to or they don't sell them and don't know anyone that does. If you find anyone let me know:)
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:39 am

Try subscribing to the "Animal Finder's Guide." All sorts of breeders in there. I remember seeing quite a few ads for various species of otters.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Segmented

Postby Segmented » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:40 pm

Hm, my last post seems to have vanished... But yeah I'm subscribed to the Animal Finder's Guide. If anyone has past issues that mention asian short clawed otters I'm all ears. =) I've posted an ad so hopefully I hear something when the next issue comes out in a few days.
Segmented

Postby Segmented » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:10 pm

brjjordan3 wrote:If you find anyone let me know:)
Will do, same to you. =D
brjjordan3

Postby brjjordan3 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:40 pm

If you hear back let me know:) I did find a breeder in the Netherlands and I'm waiting to find out if they ship international, though I would prefer not having to do that.
Bob c

Postby Bob c » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:16 am

Did you ever figure out where to get asc otters?
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Found some for auction, but I'm pretty sure this guy breeds them regularly as well. icon-smile

5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”